Photo

Online Shopping

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Muirex

Muirex
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

With the growth of sellers like Amazon/Aliexpress/etc., online shopping is bigger than ever. Do you guys hate it, love it? Any good steals recently?

Personally, I love using Amazon since delivery is quick and you don't need to spend $$ on gas. I don't use eBay as often anymore, but I do use Aliexpress often! It's just entertaining for me to browse cheap items, I guess haha. How do you guys feel about it? Do you use it often/not at all?

#2 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

I love online shopping!

I really only use Amazon since I have Prime.

Aliexpress is definitely good if you're cheap and can wait around for stuff coming from China.

Other than that, I build computers a lot so I also like to use Newegg and all those other sites to buy PC parts, since I don't live close to anywhere that sells parts.

#3 Muirex

Muirex
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

I love online shopping!
I really only use Amazon since I have Prime.
Aliexpress is definitely good if you're cheap and can wait around for stuff coming from China.

Other than that, I build computers a lot so I also like to use Newegg and all those other sites to buy PC parts, since I don't live close to anywhere that sells parts.

That sounds cool! I want to work on building a PC but it'll have to wait until later since I'm moving soon rip. Do you have any tips for a n00b?

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

That sounds cool! I want to work on building a PC but it'll have to wait until later since I'm moving soon rip. Do you have any tips for a n00b?

Check out PCpartpicker.com

#5 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please 🐱

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

I'm a huge fan of ebay actually, I order alot of cute things from over seas!

#6 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

What Adam said :p
Also, if you go on Reddit, /r/buildapc is usually pretty helpful.

#7 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3,191 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

I'm definitely addicted to Amazon shopping. I online shop so much when I'm supposed to be working it's pretty outrageous. 

#8 Amethyst

Amethyst
  • I swallowed a rock

• 2,737 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

I order a lot of stuff off walmart I can literally buy groceries with paypal and that's beautiful to me. 

#9 Aboyer

Aboyer
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

I have pet rats so I always order a lot of bedding and hammocks off of etsy! I love etsy and since they're usually small businesses I never really mind the wait or the price because so much love has gone into the stuff that I get!

#10 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

I have pet rats so I always order a lot of bedding and hammocks off of etsy! I love etsy and since they're usually small businesses I never really mind the wait or the price because so much love has gone into the stuff that I get!

Etsy is pretty nice - There's also a bunch of cheap vintage stuff on there! :D I got a cute frog wallet!!

#11 graciea

graciea
  • 103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

love online shopping.

I have Amazon Prime and I basically use it for everything.

I used to be on Etsy a lot but the shipping prices eventually turned me away - I live outside of the US but most of the time the shipping costs were almost double the price of the item I was buying. Instead I'm more on placing like Storenvy and tictail now since most shops only charge like $3usd shipping for what I want to buy. (I collect enamel pins!)

I also used to use AliExpress and SheInside for clothes shopping a whole bunch. I don't clothes shop online that much anymore, though!

#12 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

I'm a huge fan of ebay actually, I order alot of cute things from over seas!

Same! It's so cheap

#13 Muirex

Muirex
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Check out PCpartpicker.com

What Adam said :p
Also, if you go on Reddit, /r/buildapc is usually pretty helpful.

Thanks for the help, you two! :D

#14 Dazz

Dazz
  • Mhmm

• 3,214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Idk why but this makes me so happy

Spoiler

#15 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 1,991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

I spend a ton on Amazon. I get pretty much everything I need from here, because the products are not sold here (like Pocky, smoke alarms, books, figurines and other pretty things, diatomaceous earth, and loads of other stuff). I use EBay to get hard-to-find stuff, and I've only had good experiences so far. I've bought off MK and Macy's, but it sucks because I need giftcards to shop there so I don't do that often. I bought off Aliexpress one time, but it took two months to get here, so I'm not doing that again. The item was good though, so it was worth it.

#16 jaredyne

jaredyne

• 700 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:39 AM

I love Aliexpress. I buy so much goofy clothing from there. And bootleg electronics and toys. I got FF7 on the NES there. I love it. So much junk... it's hit-and-miss as to when it's delivered, so it's a surprise by the time it arrives because you forget you bought it, haha.

I try to stay off eBay, because I end up buying ridiculous retro consoles and spending way too much money building my collection of them.

#17 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,215 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

I pretty much exclusively use amazon, unless I have a list of books I want at once or want something I want quality guaranteed, like olive oil. I get on etsy once in a while for things like crystals and gifts. 

#18 Dazz

Dazz
  • Mhmm

• 3,214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

Online is the only place I can find clothes I like, all the clothes in your standard stores here are so fucking bland. Lets have a basic t-shirt with a small logo on it, and have it in 10 different colours for you to choose. No ta. Shitty joke/pun t-shirts? Fuck off. Give me something different, something unique.

The one part I deteste about online shopping is finding things you love, only to then realise it's out of stock or no longer being supplied. I found the sexiest boots on earth a month ago but everywhere I looked was out of stock :(

Spoiler
:drool:

Then there's the risk of not knowing the quality or how it actually looks. Like Myspace angles but for products, or the burger pictures on the McDonalds menus. I found trousers I would wear the hell out of, one shop had them for £120-200, I forget. Whereas one shop on Ebay had the exact same picture but for like £30. I can tell you with great confidence that despite having the same picture, one of these things is not like the other.

Spoiler
:drool:

#19 fahriss

fahriss
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Honestly, online shopping is life. I don't drive, and if I need something and it's bulky, Amazon! I still have to hit the Safeway if I want a decent pantry to survive for a couple of weeks, and I get help with transporting the food home. I usually don't have a problem with the items, but I have had moments were things took a detour and took an extra week to arrive. It's pretty convenient, though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users