Online Shopping

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

With the growth of sellers like Amazon/Aliexpress/etc., online shopping is bigger than ever. Do you guys hate it, love it? Any good steals recently?

Personally, I love using Amazon since delivery is quick and you don't need to spend $$ on gas. I don't use eBay as often anymore, but I do use Aliexpress often! It's just entertaining for me to browse cheap items, I guess haha. How do you guys feel about it? Do you use it often/not at all?

#2 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

I love online shopping!

I really only use Amazon since I have Prime.

Aliexpress is definitely good if you're cheap and can wait around for stuff coming from China.

Other than that, I build computers a lot so I also like to use Newegg and all those other sites to buy PC parts, since I don't live close to anywhere that sells parts.

#3 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:33 AM

I love online shopping!
I really only use Amazon since I have Prime.
Aliexpress is definitely good if you're cheap and can wait around for stuff coming from China.

Other than that, I build computers a lot so I also like to use Newegg and all those other sites to buy PC parts, since I don't live close to anywhere that sells parts.

That sounds cool! I want to work on building a PC but it'll have to wait until later since I'm moving soon rip. Do you have any tips for a n00b?

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

That sounds cool! I want to work on building a PC but it'll have to wait until later since I'm moving soon rip. Do you have any tips for a n00b?

Check out PCpartpicker.com

#5 Kitty

Kitty
  • Kitten please šŸ±

• 272 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

I'm a huge fan of ebay actually, I order alot of cute things from over seas!

#6 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

What Adam said :p
Also, if you go on Reddit, /r/buildapc is usually pretty helpful.

#7 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

I'm definitely addicted to Amazon shopping. I online shop so much when I'm supposed to be working it's pretty outrageous. 

#8 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

I order a lot of stuff off walmart I can literally buy groceries with paypal and that's beautiful to me. 

#9 Aboyer

Aboyer
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

I have pet rats so I always order a lot of bedding and hammocks off of etsy! I love etsy and since they're usually small businesses I never really mind the wait or the price because so much love has gone into the stuff that I get!

#10 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

I have pet rats so I always order a lot of bedding and hammocks off of etsy! I love etsy and since they're usually small businesses I never really mind the wait or the price because so much love has gone into the stuff that I get!

Etsy is pretty nice - There's also a bunch of cheap vintage stuff on there! :D I got a cute frog wallet!!

#11 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

love online shopping.

I have Amazon Prime and I basically use it for everything.

I used to be on Etsy a lot but the shipping prices eventually turned me away - I live outside of the US but most of the time the shipping costs were almost double the price of the item I was buying. Instead I'm more on placing like Storenvy and tictail now since most shops only charge like $3usd shipping for what I want to buy. (I collect enamel pins!)

I also used to use AliExpress and SheInside for clothes shopping a whole bunch. I don't clothes shop online that much anymore, though!

#12 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

I'm a huge fan of ebay actually, I order alot of cute things from over seas!

Same! It's so cheap

#13 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Check out PCpartpicker.com

What Adam said :p
Also, if you go on Reddit, /r/buildapc is usually pretty helpful.

Thanks for the help, you two! :D

#14 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Idk why but this makes me so happy

Spoiler

#15 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl šŸŒ›

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

I spend a ton on Amazon. I get pretty much everything I need from here, because the products are not sold here (like Pocky, smoke alarms, books, figurines and other pretty things, diatomaceous earth, and loads of other stuff). I use EBay to get hard-to-find stuff, and I've only had good experiences so far. I've bought off MK and Macy's, but it sucks because I need giftcards to shop there so I don't do that often. I bought off Aliexpress one time, but it took two months to get here, so I'm not doing that again. The item was good though, so it was worth it.

#16 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:39 AM

I love Aliexpress. I buy so much goofy clothing from there. And bootleg electronics and toys. I got FF7 on the NES there. I love it. So much junk... it's hit-and-miss as to when it's delivered, so it's a surprise by the time it arrives because you forget you bought it, haha.

I try to stay off eBay, because I end up buying ridiculous retro consoles and spending way too much money building my collection of them.

#17 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

I pretty much exclusively use amazon, unless I have a list of books I want at once or want something I want quality guaranteed, like olive oil. I get on etsy once in a while for things like crystals and gifts. 

#18 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:49 AM

Online is the only place I can find clothes I like, all the clothes in your standard stores here are so fucking bland. Lets have a basic t-shirt with a small logo on it, and have it in 10 different colours for you to choose. No ta. Shitty joke/pun t-shirts? Fuck off. Give me something different, something unique.

The one part I deteste about online shopping is finding things you love, only to then realise it's out of stock or no longer being supplied. I found the sexiest boots on earth a month ago but everywhere I looked was out of stock :(

Spoiler
:drool:

Then there's the risk of not knowing the quality or how it actually looks. Like Myspace angles but for products, or the burger pictures on the McDonalds menus. I found trousers I would wear the hell out of, one shop had them for Ā£120-200, I forget. Whereas one shop on Ebay had the exact same picture but for like Ā£30. I can tell you with great confidence that despite having the same picture, one of these things is not like the other.

Spoiler
:drool:

#19 fahriss

fahriss
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Honestly, online shopping is life. I don't drive, and if I need something and it's bulky, Amazon! I still have to hit the Safeway if I want a decent pantry to survive for a couple of weeks, and I get help with transporting the food home. I usually don't have a problem with the items, but I have had moments were things took a detour and took an extra week to arrive. It's pretty convenient, though!

#20 greenhorn

greenhorn
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

I love online shopping! I usually compare prices between ebay and amazon to see which is cheaper, assuming I don't care about wait times. A lot of the time the quality is virtually the same, especially if you choose the right sellers. I think amazon prime is well worth it too if you buy frequently.

#21 Dorea

Dorea
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

I like online shopping because it's convenient - I'm super tired after work and I don't want to go and buy stuff sometimes. The downside is that stuff you see online could look very different in person. As long as there's a good return policy, it's okay though!

#22 lookaround

lookaround
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:45 AM

Sometimes I put things in my cart that I never intend on buying (moneyyy gah)

#23 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

I'm not proud of it but as of late I almost always have something either on its way to my place, or on its way to a proxy's place/warehouse before coming to me... Buying limited print doujin goods is suffering ;_;

#24 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

We ordered stuff from aliexpress and it was all actually really awesome??

I got these liquid eyeliner pens to try and they're the best I've EVER used.. and so cheap..

Got some jewellery which fits great and hasn't left weird marks on my skin..

Tried some LED light strips behind our tv and Dan's desk which are working out great!

Also got some sunglasses to try and they are super cute and feel really high quality.

Now just waiting on a bathing suit to try; that might not work all too well, but worth a punt. Maybe I'll look and see what else they've got!

Anyone else get cool stuff from there?

Edited by Kat, 08 May 2018 - 07:55 PM.

#25 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:53 PM

Anyone else get cool stuff from there?

That's where I bought my drawing tablet! Took a while to arrive because it was stuck on customs, but it only took them 1 week to get to customs. 10/10 would buy again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users