• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

(lmao okay I was going to gravedig my almost 6 year old OST thread but a good portion of the youtube links in there were dead so let's just keep that entire thread dead)

So!!!!! There is an absolute ton of really great music in video games. What are your favourite tracks? Show me ya moves favs. Here are some of mine!! Honestly, I would post the entirety of Splatoon 1 and 2's OST if I could hahah

Spoiler

Then even after all these years I still listen to this one all the time.

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

Spoiler

My one pure nostalgic feels pic

#3 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

Anything by Supergiant Games, but Transistor in particular:

Crypt of the Necrodancer:

A few others I really like are Nuclear Throne, Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery, Super Hexagon and Risk of Rain.

I'm sure I'm leaving out some stuff....

#4 liamusprime

liamusprime
  • 18 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:30 AM

Crazy Taxi

AY YAH YAH YAH YAH!!

#5 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:10 AM

Mega Man X also had a great soundtrack. Always loved level one:

https://youtu.be/tBWl9p0fH28?t=115

#6 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

I listen to this entire soundtrack frequently. It's also one of my all time favorite games

But I thought this would be a good pick from it

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

Quack.

This is a video game and not an anime. The opening is just animated. My go-to choreography music

UGH IT BUGS ME THAT THEY COVERED THE VOCALS WITH A GUITAR.

#8 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Hot damn I love music!!!

Spoiler

A few others I really like are Nuclear Throne, Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery, Super Hexagon and Risk of Rain.
I'm sure I'm leaving out some stuff....

RISK OF RAIN oh my god the music in that is FANTASTIC. Elin's been playing it here and there lately and I can't help but focus on the OST, and its just so.... atmospherical? What I'm trying to say is I love it. My fav from Super Hexagon has to be Focus but Chipzel's music damn good so I can't help but love all of it hahah

Speaking of chiptunes, hhnnggh I feel like this track doesn't get the love it deserves.

snip

snip

Ohhh dudes this is some good shit z4RwuYB.png (Also heh, Keil that Treasure Keepers video.................. :^3c )

#9 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Crazy Taxi

AY YAH YAH YAH YAH!!

My guy :D

I have a handful that are the top of the top for me.

First one is from Gain Ground, a game on the Sega that I loved but no one seemed to have heard of it. For the longest time I thought it was Gajn Ground because of the stupid font. The music on stage 1 is perfect, the melodies are incredible, you could easily slap vocals over them and turn it into a decent song today. Being an old game, just when you think the music is going to loop they add more instead, it's like 4 tracks in 1.

Spoiler

The first 2 stages of Loaded, I like them both as much equally.

Spoiler

I see u ortin. I feel like Fountain of Dreams was allocated a lot more resources on the musical side, the production is probably the best in the game. But I do love the Fire Emblem music, shit gets me pumped.

Spoiler

Most of the Sonic 3 music was amazing, shout out to Michael Jackson for having a hand in that. The credits song was awesome, influenced heavily by Stranger In Moscow. But my favourite was Ice Cap Zone. Turns out it was based on an actual unreleased track from The Jetzons. Goood shit

Spoiler

The background beat that starts right from the beginning, I'm not sure what the instrument is, maybe bass? Not the melody tho. That reminds me of the same thing used in old school dance tracks like Rhythm Is a Dancer, Mr Vain etc. I love it.

Anything from Moonwalker, but that shit doesn't count because that's just songs Segafied. 

#10 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

RISK OF RAIN oh my god the music in that is FANTASTIC. Elin's been playing it here and there lately and I can't help but focus on the OST, and its just so.... atmospherical? What I'm trying to say is I love it. My fav from Super Hexagon has to be Focus but Chipzel's music damn good so I can't help but love all of it hahah

It's so good, it makes immersion incredibly easy, which is not something that happens often in pixel art games. @Elindoril if you're ever up for a game let me know, I've been wanting to pick it up again for some time.

Otis is my personal favourite from super hexagon, I didn't quite like it at first(probably because I was stuck in level 2 for the longest time), but it grew on me. She also did a CotND remix: http://chipzel.co.uk...the-necrodancer
Also on the chiptune note, BIT.TRIP RUNNER and BEAT have great soundtracks: https://open.spotify...2EbieMeZUIsSE7v

#11 fahriss

fahriss
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

I think my favorite video game OST is Pokemon RSE's. Not really sure what about it, but it's really soothing? I also love a couple of the songs from Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil OST, especially the boss music for Cursed Leorina. It's got a really nice tune to it, and I could probably lose myself in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users