jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Oh finally we get the plot!

JN's instructions are a bit rubbish, so here's directions for

STEP 1: MYSTIC MURMURS

Righto first up here's your main plot hub: http://www.neopets.com/twr/

You'll get some discussion between the faeries when you first visit. After that, click on Kaia to go to the first step: which starts here

You'll see this screen:

9elXew8.png

Those letters are mostly random per refresh, however there are several letters that will stay the same every refresh.

Your goal is to find those letters

So refresh a bunch of times, copying the letters each time. If you copy each onto a new line in a text editor like Notepad++ without word wrap on, after a while you'll see which letters are the same every refresh

hr93Pj8.png

Select the letters in the puzzle that aren't changing

qysFA2u.png

(obviously this wasn't my answer, this is for illustrative purposes only)

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT ONES. There's duplicates of each letter so make sure it's the one in the spot that didn't change. Also every time you screw up you can't unselect a letter, you need to hit "reset", which also refreshes the letters displayed.

Get it right, and you get:

pYMpumJ.png

You'll also get an achievement (lol)

**MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE GLOWING WORD ANSWER TO COMPLETE THIS SECTION***

Then a light faerie will show up and you'll be able to go to the second step, which I will write up shortly!

5EYrAex.png

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Joining the resistance (aka just starting the plot) is an achievement that will get you this item:

clo_twr_badge.gif

The Wraith Resurgence Participant Badge

Observant Bystander (aka doing the puzzle) is an achievement that will get you this item:

usuki_twr_psychic.gif

Psychic Usuki Set

Edited by jaredyne, 17 November 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

The BD opponent is glitched! You can get infinite items from it, but you don't get the item that it was probably supposed to drop lol Also only the third BD achievement is working right now

#3 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:49 PM

STEP 2: THE FAERIE'S CHEST lmao

Here's where the light faerie sends you: It's a chest that breaks site layout

t3R6YrV.png

Click play to play this exceedingly simple game

EyLvASJ.png

You just click in the centre when the things line up. Infinite retries.

TEjBOtR.png

Then you get a thing. Clicking "Thanks" redirects you to the shop you was in before, where you unlock a battledome opponent:

portrait_668.png
You suddenly notice a group of Snapjaw Wraith heading in your direction! Go BATTLEDOMEFIGHT!!! Snapjaw Wraith gapes at you and SNAPS an oversized jaw at you. Does this restless monster sport a moehawk? no... that's part of its head.

Who, as @Swar points out, is hilariously glitched right now. It'll drop infinite items but nothing plot related. The infinite drops gltich has been fixed. The rest, not so much. There's also bugs with the achievements for this section.

A++ TNT

There's a bar under the sword icon on your Achievements page, it fills up at this rate:

• 5% per win on easy (difficult 35)
  • 10% per win on medium (difficulty 175)
  • 20% per win on hard (difficulty 224)

It looks like the achievements under this unlock at

1. Oh, snap! 25-35% (I wasn't paying attention),
  2. Snap, Snap, Snap 70%
  3. Twas a snap! 100%

HOWEVER only the last achievement awards a prize right now.

ACHIEVEMENTS

Amateur Lock Picker (aka do the chest thing) is an achievement that will give you this item:

gif_twr_lockpickit.gif

Lock Picking Kit

Oh, snap! (fill 25%-35% of your battle gauge, see above) is an achivement that currently gives you

NOTHING lol

Snap, snap, snap (fill 75% of your battle gauge, see above) is an achivement that currently gives you

NOTHING lol

Twas a snap! (fill 100% of your battle gauge, see above) is an achievement that will give you this item:

wea_poisonous_spear.gif

Poisonous spear wand

Edited by jaredyne, 18 November 2017 - 12:18 AM.

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

IS this worth doing?

#5 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:18 PM

IS this worth doing?

Plots usually give you very nice prizes at the very end (stamps, books, paint brushes, good weapons and wearables), avatar/s, a site theme (hopefully something nicer than this purple...), and a trophy.

Edited by jaredyne, 17 November 2017 - 10:18 PM.

#6 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Neopets you are fucking joking.  The Poisonous Spear Wand is showing 21 attack icons.

#7 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

Neopets you are fucking joking.  The Poisonous Spear Wand is showing 21 attack icons.

Haha that's great

Anyway, as for the glitch, I'd say it looks like those BD wraiths are meant to drop an item called Wraith Ectoplasm which would then be used to brew a potion for Taelia

Just a guess.

Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

#8 Kakashi

Kakashi
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

I dont even care about the glitches, i'm happier than a tornado in  a trailer park to even have a plot. its my first plot since the cyodrakes gaze *foams at mouth*

#9 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:30 AM

The spear is 17-21 attack icons,  5 Fire 5 light  6leaf and 1-5 physical.  Was selling for 2 million, but dropped as every idiot figures out that everyone get at least one of these weapons.  I hit refresh twice during lag and got two, but at least one.    Just ruin the value of all the weapons I hoarded for this plot.  I don't care   Not at all.  Just ok.

#10 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

The spear is 17-21 attack icons,  5 Fire 5 light  6leaf and 1-5 physical.  Was selling for 2 million, but dropped as every idiot figures out that everyone get at least one of these weapons.  I hit refresh twice during lag and got two, but at least one.    Just ruin the value of all the weapons I hoarded for this plot.  I don't care   Not at all.  Just ok.

But what do the neoboards think??

6gOxmgC.png

mlBL4ZK.png

This dude is mad lol. He doesn't show any signs of stopping soon so feel free to check up on him

I judge the quality of site events by the number of neoboard tears. Therefore, this is a good event.

I suspect that TNT will nerf this weapon quickly tbh

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:01 AM

Haha some people are so salty over the bloody spear thing... geez. I LOVE IT. MORE SALT PLS :v

#12 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:12 AM

mpMM8Sx.png

#13 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

I am not crying.  We do no cry.  I just horded codestones and turned teeth to make big profit when the war started.  So, everyone gets a hidden tower weapon that nearly matches my pirate cutlass and my KBT.  Also, a secondardy one that attacks with 13 air icon.   I am not going to cry.    I might stop playing but I am not going to cry.   At  least I still have my strength potions to sell. 

Oh, did I mention that I hit refresh three times on a side and got three of the sodomizing things?    

Now, you tell me I agree with some tit sucking idiot on the neoboards.  I'm not going to cry.  I'm not going to  cry.  I'm not.

Edited by MissToad, 18 November 2017 - 07:32 AM.

#14 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:42 AM

I am not crying.  We do no cry.  I just horded codestones and turned teeth to make big profit when the war started.  So, everyone gets a hidden tower weapon that nearly matches my pirate cutlass and my KBT.  Also, a secondardy one that attacks with 13 air icon.   I am not going to cry.    I might stop playing but I am not going to cry.   At  least I still have my strength potions to sell. 

Oh, did I mention that I hit refresh three times on a side and got three of the sodomizing things?    

Now, you tell me I agree with some tit sucking idiot on the neoboards.  I'm not going to cry.  I'm not going to  cry.  I'm not.

Not saying you would or should cry because that's neither here or there, but I would if I cared about Neopets and the time and energy I invested that yielded less profit than my expectations.

But I do know for sure that the only people who complained are investors. 

#15 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:08 AM

Even based upon all the  other silly ideas you espouse,   that rises to a level of silly nearly unparalleled.   The economy of neopets depends upon people needing  to save and struggle to get good weapons.  Thousands of people scour shops, play games, save and scrimp to get their first KBT or Sword of Ari.    They play 15 battledomes a day to get  items to buy better weapons.   Now,  screw that buffalo,   just give away a hidden  tower  level weapon because EVERYONE gets one, and I get THREE of them.  

#16 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

The economy of neopets depends upon people needing  to save and struggle to get good weapons.

Now,  screw that buffalo,   just give away a hidden  tower  level weapon because EVERYONE gets one, and I get THREE of them.  

If your whole argument depends on that one statement, I must ask: why? What benefit is there to 'save and scrimp' for the thousands of people and not the investers in neopet's specific economy? Using the context of a textbook definition of an economy isn't applicable to neopet's husk of its former economy.

And no need to sound hyperbolic and entitled at the end. It's hard enough to take you seriously as is.

#17 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

I still can't get the letters, *sigh* I knwo the first ones, but when I think I've got it, it's nothing

#18 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:08 AM

If your whole argument depends on that one statement, I must ask: why? What benefit is there to 'save and scrimp' for the thousands of people and not the investers in neopet's specific economy? Using the context of a textbook definition of an economy isn't applicable to neopet's husk of its former economy.

And no need to sound hyperbolic and entitled at the end. It's hard enough to take you seriously as is.

So the rules of economics no longer apply because you don't like them.   Well, President Trump,  please explain. 

The scrimping and saving is also time and ads viewed on neopets.  You do know that this is  why those kind go to all the trouble to make  plots and buy servers and one part time programmer to not fix KeyQuest.  

I still can't get the letters, *sigh* I knwo the first ones, but when I think I've got it, it's nothing

Open, cut the letters onto notepad with the wordwrap turned off.

Refresh, repeat, three  times.

Now you will see the same repeating letters in columns.   Carefully match those to  the  puzzle.

I however, just wildass guessed three times and got it right everytime.  I can not explain.

Edited by MissToad, 18 November 2017 - 10:06 AM.

#19 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

Haha, people are so mad. It is definitely getting a nerf I'd say.

#20 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:32 AM

I would not say I'm mad,  just so incredibly disappointed in your actions   Damn do I have the mommy voice thing down or what???

I mean what if they started stocking birthday pets in  the shop so EVERYONE could have one. 

Edited by MissToad, 18 November 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#21 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

I never thought battling would be so tedious. Then again, I haven't been in the battledome for a long time.

Mmm... this event is okay so far. Better  than nothing. XD

#22 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

I already got into it with Herdy on the neoboards so this is definitely a good plot

herdy is the goddamned worst

The potion step is still glitched, looks like. Hopefully that'll be fixed by Monday.

#23 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

So isn't the knowledge of having a discussion with Herdy almost a give away of your neopets identity?

I never thought battling would be so tedious. Then again, I haven't been in the battledome for a long time.

Mmm... this event is okay so far. Better  than nothing. XD

How low is your battlepet?  I have a couple of spare 100Hp 85 str boost if you need to borrow.

#24 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

So isn't the knowledge of having a discussion with Herdy almost a give away of your neopets identity?

How low is your battlepet?  I have a couple of spare 100Hp 85 str boost if you need to borrow.

Thanks, but I'll be fine. Just battling in the battledome is tedious.

#25 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

Apparently someone got the ectoplasm from the wraith enemy.

gif_venom.gif

sREhSTE.png

I already got into it with Herdy on the neoboards so this is definitely a good plot

herdy is the goddamned worst

The potion step is still glitched, looks like. Hopefully that'll be fixed by Monday.

Herdy, that little bitch :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users