Quantcast

Photo

So.. apparently you Can and Can't collect freebies/ make earnings on side accounts?

neopets freebies dailies daily side account side accounts multiple accounts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 newname

newname
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

According to Neopets, creating multiple accounts for events like Coltzan's Shrine i.e. "will result in freezing"; this includes other freebies as well. But I was reading a thread and noticed many users collected freebies daily on side accounts, and completely bypassed the freeze radar. They didn't even use VPNs or change IPs when doing it, and also made earnings (played games) on those accounts, along with transferring items to their main. One person said she did all this for 10+ years, and as of yet did not get caught. But then there are some who did get their accounts frozen. Some other person said it took her only a week after collecting dailies on her sides until she got the chain freeze. 

So, I'm just curious on how some people accomplished this using 5 side accounts and after 10 years remained safe from the TNT staff (and I know how strict they are). You'd think they detect a pattern on 5 different accounts that ALL use the same IP address, play the same games, do the same events, and login 1 hour consecutively after the other. But apparently, some of these people don't get frozen, even though Neopets rules states "..doing this will result in freezing." Ironically I heard several people commenting on TNT being a bit 'lenient' with their rules lately. I actually haven't heard any recent complaints of people getting their accounts frozen. Maybe it's happened to them already so they don't care, but they would at least make an announcement or something? Tbh, I hope it stays that way. Neopets is really just a lost cause if all they're known for is non-stop freezing loyals who supported their site for nearly a decade. I'm sure over 75% of their userbase are older teens and young adults. Honestly, I barely know anyone younger than 16 who plays Neopets unless they were introduced by a longtime player.

Long story short, doesn't make sense to me how some users get frozen for earning/collecting on sides while others don't.  :huh:

#2 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

TNT aren't very good at their jobs

#3 Kway

Kway
  • Proud to be a Brony

• 1242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

It is hard to tell if there are multiple people playing on the same IP. If you are greedy though, you will probably send all the freebies to your main account and it'll be extremely obvious what is going on.

#4 newname

newname
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

TNT aren't very good at their jobs

They could have a bot that tracks a user's 'wrongdoings', and have it issue a warning. They can't even do that, but they can have a bot that auto-freezes users accounts? lame

It is hard to tell if there are multiple people playing on the same IP. If you are greedy though, you will probably send all the freebies to your main account and it'll be extremely obvious what is going on.

I did that many times with a couple accounts and didn't have a problem. I just got lucky I guess, wonder if TNT still freezes anybody for doing it. 

#5 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

I have been definitely frozen for using multiple accounts to profit. I had around 40 accounts, though.

#6 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

I suspect that Neopets works like the real world. In the real world most criminals are caught 'only' because someone comes forward and tells on them; not because the police officers and detectives are masterminds of the highest order. That is how most cases are solved.  Murders, robberies, rapes....a lot of that goes unsolved if there is no one who is willing to give clues, witness accounts, or leads. 

I think there was a famous case awhile back where a couple witnesses  didn't go to the police because they thought police officers were all-knowing entities who would just magically know to find them and interview them....super eye roll.

So, if you tell someone and they report you...vs. if you tell someone and they don't report you. I have a hard time believing they currently have the resources (maybe it wasn't always this way) to just sit around catching people who are doing dailies. People who are frozen tend to be obvious cheaters, or maybe they have a friend they share things with who is a huge dickhead. 

I will say I don't have any neofriends, and I have done dailies on my side accounts. Even during the time of time of neo greatness I wasn't frozen for reasons relating to doing dailies from sides. 

Edited by BirdistheWord, 13 January 2018 - 11:27 PM.

#7 adamj95

adamj95
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

I've never been frozen for collecting freebies on side accounts. Even play games on my sides and have never even got a warning.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neopets, freebies, dailies, daily, side account, side accounts, multiple accounts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users