Quantcast

New Year's Resolutions

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:06 PM

Do you have them? What are they? Do you even believe in setting resolutions? Why or why not?

I haven't really set any solid ones besides trying to be more positive and work on my hobbies and skills. I'm going to try to quit smoking, I guess, but I try not to set myself up for failure. 

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

My NY resolution is -always- to go to the gym again. I always fail to step foot into the gym more than once. Feelsbad(wo)man.

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:32 PM

I've got a few:

1. Workout more. I got an apple watch for the holidays, so that'll help. Waterproof for when it's warmer, and auto tracks my heart rate since the machines in our fitness center tend to have that part broken. 

2. Study. Didn't at all last semester, and had to drop most of my classes just to keep a 3.1 QPA. Should be easier this semester though, I switched majors from biology to acting and computer science, which are things I actually like and tend to be good at. I had an easy time with general sciences, but got to higher levels and was sitting in class going WTF is this shit, so I didn't actually try. 

3. Sing more, write more lyrics (still woking on actual music) and do some more monologues on videos and such. 

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Yeah mine would have to be to finally set up the home gym that I've been meaning to do for ages now. We finally cleared out the garage enough that we can now park the car AND have the gym set up properly. Keen AF to get a decent beach body this year, have shed the weight I wanted to last year, so now it's onto the physique side of things :) 

Also, to hopefully get our new outdoor entertainment area started/completed as well as an established back yard to lift the look of the entire property. Only thing is, I am definitely NOT a green thumb lol

Good luck to all on your resolutions and plans for the new year!

#5 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

ew new years resolutions... keeping it basic over here-

- lose baby weight and tone up enough to keep up with my chidren.

- keep everyone alive for another year

- dont get pregnant

- set a goal and stick with it

good luck everyone! :)

#6 Neoxx

Neoxx
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

I do have them :) I love the idea of an imaginary blank slate. I’m hoping to get fit and strong and do really well at uni this year!

#7 Lkish

Lkish
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

I'm trying to switch careers but I've been slacking off on studying on my own due to full time work. New year resolution would be to get my ass back on it consistently. 

#8 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:51 PM

My new year's resolution is

REVENGE

#9 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

I usually don't make new years resolutions because I could never stick to them, or they just don't work out.  I guess my "resolution" would be to get a full-time job. I've got a part-time one now, but I need to do better.

#10 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

I always think about at least a couple, but this time they didn't even crossed my mind. I finished reading a book before sleeping today (was just going to read a few pages, ended up reading until 4 am), and decided I'd have at least one resolution.

"Shall we make a new rule of life from tonight: always to try to be a little kinder than is necessary?"

I've had a lot of grumpy days last year and ended up treating some people not like they deserve (mostly my parents because I usually got really tired by the end of the day, and they were there). It wasn't anything serious, but they have nothing to do with my grumpiness so why should they be effected by it? But anyway, I'm rambling. I just hope I can be kinder to everyone, even if I'm having a bad day.

Also study more. I always procrastinate and that fucks with my mood whenever I have an exam lmfao

#11 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

I don't really have any new year's resolutions. My only goal is to try and pay off the remainder of my debt and save so we can buy a house 2019.

#12 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Forage more and Facebook less. I figure if I can get those two things done, everything else will just fall into place.

#13 vbishop86

vbishop86
  • 19 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

I want to try to dedicate more time to my health, both physical and mental.

I need to be sure to not stretch myself too much socially and avoid burnout like I've done a bunch in 2017.

#14 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

Did really well on going to the gym last year, my goal is to keep it up this year and to read 3 books this year and don't keep my todo list clear

Psychology, you get dopamine release similar to actually accomplishing your goals simply by telling folks about it, so don't let that happen and don't tell people your resolution!

#15 adamj95

adamj95
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

I want to eat healthier and work out more often. I also want to spend more time with my family.

#16 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:42 PM

I haven't smoked since New Year's Eve. So far so good. I want to kill someone but so far so good.

#17 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

See my dad more, eat less carbs, read more

Forage more and Facebook less. I figure if I can get those two things done, everything else will just fall into place.

My facebook feed will be so much more empty

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

Did really well on going to the gym last year, my goal is to keep it up this year and to read 3 books this year and don't keep my todo list clear

Psychology, you get dopamine release similar to actually accomplishing your goals simply by telling folks about it, so don't let that happen and don't tell people your resolution!

See my dad more, eat less carbs, read more

My facebook feed will be so much more empty

Update: It's the coldest it's been in years (-1F) so I've accomplished exactly neither of my goals, because I don't have any clothes for this kind of weather.

#19 Arnie

Arnie
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

I do have actual goals this year, not like the 5 years ago me :D

-Get the hell out of Venezuela [almost there, i need a freaking passport]

-Get my papers back from the private university [Done!]

-Get back to school, studying a creer i really like [I spotted a tech school in Lima where i can! :3]

-Be healthy

-Get a haircut, my hair is a mess.

-Publish a short comic.

-Practice 2d animation even if i never do it as a job.

-Practice more traditional art.

-Exercise.

#20 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

Oh I'll copy what I wrote in my journal!

--> Become conversational in Italian (Have already taken three classes woowoo!)

--> Read a book a week! (Already finished 3!) 

--> Go back to Europe!

--> Buy another house! 

--> Train my dog to behave better on walks!

#21 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

Oh I'll copy what I wrote in my journal!

--> Become conversational in Italian (Have already taken three classes woowoo!)

--> Read a book a week! (Already finished 3!) 

--> Go back to Europe!

--> Buy another house! 

--> Train my dog to behave better on walks!

You're doing great so far it seems!

#22 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:50 AM

3 weeks and 3 days down. 

#23 Dorea

Dorea
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

I tend not to make any resolutions since I'm pretty bad at keeping them. But I guess my overall mindset for this year is to enjoy myself and not worry so much about money!

#24 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

3 weeks and 3 days down. 

You're killing it! So exciting :) 

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

You're killing it! So exciting :)

Yeah! 4 weeks and 3 days now and I honestly barely even think about it. One of the benefits to never leaving the house is that I'm around my smoker friends a lot less lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users