Charity Corner 2018

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#151 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:10 AM

I'm having some difficulties getting the script to run. The context menu for Tampermonkey says "no script is running" despite creating the script and making sure both the script and TM are enabled. My chrome and TM are up to date. @Neoquest @ Daviid

By the way, thanks both of you again!

Go to the the neopoint item donation page, click the TM button and then click "create a new script". When you do this, you will notice that the top and bottom of the code is already there and there is a part that says "put code here" or whatever. Leave the top and bottom there, highlight the part that says "put code here", copy the central part of the code NQ and Daviid provided (not the top and bottom), paste that code in the "put code here" part and save the script. It should work now.

#152 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

Go to the the neopoint item donation page, click the TM button and then click "create a new script". When you do this, you will notice that the top and bottom of the code is already there and there is a part that says "put code here" or whatever. Leave the top and bottom there, highlight the part that says "put code here", copy the central part of the code NQ and Daviid provided (not the top and bottom), paste that code in the "put code here" part and save the script. It should work now.

Hmm, I copied the script exactly, even the top. I'm not sure why copying the top would prevent the script from working, if you don't mind explaining. I'll try again exactly as you said, though. Thank you so much. :)

#153 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:25 PM

Hmm, I copied the script exactly, even the top. I'm not sure why copying the top would prevent the script from working, if you don't mind explaining. I'll try again exactly as you said, though. Thank you so much. :)

I don't know why, I just know that's what I had to do to get it to work.

#154 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:34 PM

it didn't work for me either :(

#155 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:35 PM

Is CC over yet lol... so boring this year

#156 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

Weird that so many people are having issues. What renegade said above actually should not work, since the script then wouldn't know which page to activate on if you omit the header.

#157 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

I'm using the script as it is for last year just changed the page to be the actual one and it's working like a charm with Chrome. Didn't copied/pasted anything, just downloaded it and it got added in TM.

#158 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:30 PM

Weird that so many people are having issues. What renegade said above actually should not work, since the script then wouldn't know which page to activate on if you omit the header.

It knows to activate it on that page because you go to that page first and then select "create a new script" from the TM icon and it automatically inserts that page's URL in to the header.

#159 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:41 PM

Surprisingly, it did work. I only copied the part under this: // ==/UserScript== and it worked immediately.

I'm a bit out of my element but I noticed in the script you and Daviid made the 

@[member="match"]

portion says something different than what was auto-inserted when I did it Renegade's way.

// @match        http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/np.phtml - this is how it looks on the working script
// @[member="match"]        http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/np.phtml* - this is how it looks on the scripts you posted

It knows to activate it on that page because you go to that page first and then select "create a new script" from the TM icon and it automatically inserts that page's URL in to the header.

But when I created the other scripts (I tried both) I was already on the donate page and I proceeded to do one donation so it would start. So that doesn't make sense to me. How bizarre.

Nevermind, I understand now. It was filling it in on the new script whereas if you copied the header, the link was programmed wrong.

I think because there is a Codexian on here called match it auto-tagged it when the code was first posted instead of posting it in the correct format and that's why it didn't work if you copied the whole script

#160 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:50 PM

Surprisingly, it did work. I only copied the part under this: // ==/UserScript== and it worked immediately.

I'm a bit out of my element but I noticed in the script you and Daviid made the 

@[member="match"]

portion says something different than what was auto-inserted when I did it Renegade's way.

// @match        http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/np.phtml - this is how it looks on the working script
// @[member="match"]        http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/np.phtml* - this is how it looks on the scripts you posted

But when I created the other scripts (I tried both) I was already on the donate page and I proceeded to do one donation so it would start. So that doesn't make sense to me. How bizarre.

Right because there was an issue with their coding, but I was responding to NQ because he is thinking I meant to create a script from the dashboard in which case it would not automatically put the URL in the header.

#161 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

@Coops, that was definitely it. I'll edit my original post.

@renegade thanks for proving an alternate solution!

#162 Cnourinha

Cnourinha
  • 179 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:58 PM

This is the first time I participate in the CC ( I was on hiatus before), and I sooooo disappointed :(
I'm trying to spent all my AC points to donate de items, but I'll probably give up on this idea, because it'll take a looong time and my wrist is already aching x-x 
Is there a scrip that buy the items in AC shop?? 

#163 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:06 AM

People on the boards are saying they received the Winter Charity Corner av from donating today. They reckon if you've donated every day to this point you should get it. I cannot confirm as I already have this one :p

Wonder if it's intentional, or a bug...

Some people are also saying they're getting last year's trophies today too haha, lookin more like "bug" if true

#164 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:07 AM

fe463ca2e7f62b8cc54bf8ce54634d7f.png

#165 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:31 AM

@Prisca did you get a trophy or is that one of the ol' neoboard urban legends?

#166 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

Pff, I already have this one. Should've expected this to happen. No new avvie :crybaby:

#167 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:18 AM

Yeah I donated every day and just got the avvie with my first donation today too. Hope they don't take it away haha. Maybe this is just going to become a yearly avvie....or more likely it's a mistake :p

#168 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:24 AM

Last year they accidentally gave out the previous retired avatar too apparently (eh I don't remember, but neoboards seem positive) and then had to rescind it from all the users they accidentally awarded it to. Sounds like TNT.

#169 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 06:58 AM

I hope I get to keep the avatar lol. I didn't have that one. But no trophy @jaredyne

#170 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 09:13 AM

MUAHAHA the board 7 tears are delicious

yayy avatar, hope we keep it

#171 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

Thanks @Coops !

Hopefully everybody gets to keep the avatar. The hardcore avatar collectors get so salty when retired avatars are re-released. It's win-win

but I sort of doubt it

0QgmxvU.png

#172 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:52 PM

Lol. Diverge is taking this a bit personally

#173 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:13 PM

@Prisca did you get a trophy or is that one of the ol' neoboard urban legends?

no trophy

the wrong avatar?! dumb tnt, get your crap sorted!

#174 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

Thanks @Coops !

Hopefully everybody gets to keep the avatar. The hardcore avatar collectors get so salty when retired avatars are re-released. It's win-win

but I sort of doubt it

0QgmxvU.png

LOL that stick up their ass is rather large

I hope we keep it just to piss people like this off.

Edited by renegade, 16 March 2018 - 04:48 PM.

#175 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

LOL that stick up their ass is rather large

I hope we keep it just to piss people like this off.

And isn't that truly the spirit of charity?

yes. yes it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users