• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#101 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

(ummm... this makes it sound like I think you are a hard ass and/or a pushover, which I didn't intend, but whatever, ha)

photo.jpg

Hmm. Hard to tell.

Better ban this one too just to be safe.

#102 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

photo.jpg

Hmm. Hard to tell.

Better ban this one too just to be safe.

They literally added the thinking emoji. What are you even doing?  :thinking:

#103 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

It's not big enough. That looks like Picasso's moustache

#104 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

This drama is fun *sips* stay thirsty my friends ;)

y4gKbJ7.jpg?1

#105 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

Thank you.

I want to be clear, to everyone, the reason I'm not okay with Keil's comment is because no matter what I do, how I decide to be flexible in this, there will always be at least one person who doesn't like my decision. I cannot please everyone. That's just... the way it fucking is. I thought about allowing the buckets all day and decided it was a weird grey area and I made an exception not based on social pressure, or the desire to please, but to keep as many folks as possible interested in a competition that is going to last over 15 days. At some point, some of you guys will get tired, or busy, and I'd rather didn't happen sooner. The first three rounds were meant to be warm-ups for what's to come (round four is going to be a bitch, y'all). 

I just happened to be especially frustrated and angry with Keil because he's made an effort to be a jerk to me over the last 2 years. There's only so much someone can take before they are done. I'm not sorry I stuck up for myself. I hope everyone has some clarity about my decision making process in allowing the buckets and will understand why I made the decision I did. I will not always be so flexible with future rounds, so keep that in mind guys. I really appreciate everyone who is participating and putting forth genuine effort. I love all these photos and it's a really fun way to get to know some of you. 

I support this. I still hold out hope for @Keil because I still remember him being a pretty nice guy from years ago. But the more I'm seeing of him, the more I'm noticing that he's becoming or trying to adopt a Sweeney-like persona. And although Sweeney's an upstanding young man, his tone sometimes makes me want to run miles away from Codex. @Keil, I really don't know what you get from badgering people, but it doesn't create a fun, engaging atmosphere. It sours the thread with its antagonistic tone. The net's such a big part of life now, relaxation included. People just don't want to have to deal with that kind of thing when it's not even necessary. I understood the point he made in a similar manner to @Kaddict, but it was said in such a condescending manner that it made me feel bad for @Coops. She doesn't need anyone saying they're disappointed in her or her decision for something so inconsequential.

I'm not going to derail, just wanted to say it bothers me when consideration for others is deliberately ignored and someone shouldn't have to snap before something is done about it.

*inserts 'I have a lot of feelings gif from Mean Girls here'*

#106 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

tfw you have no life to the point where you try to criticize someone over a made up game that's literally just for fun. 

#107 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

2018-04-15%2021.58.20.jpg

There is ice in this, I promise. I have a picture of the same drink with a glass of ice cubes beside it.... I put these in my Manhattan, I hope you appreciate the effort ;)

#108 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:47 PM

tfw you have no life to the point where you try to criticize someone over a made up game that's literally just for fun.

But there's literally monetary prizes available to be won.

Some may be playing for fun, but others might want to win.

#109 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

But there's literally monetary prizes available to be won.

Some may be playing for fun, but others might want to win.

Ah, sorry. Didn't realize it's acceptable to be a dick if there's an amazon gift card involved. 

#110 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:55 PM

Ah, sorry. Didn't realize it's acceptable to be a dick if there's an amazon gift card involved.

Never said anything about that.

#111 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:58 PM

Never said anything about that.

The point is. It's fine to not be happy about a decision that was made. No one's saying that wasn't allowed. Which I'm pretty sure was your point. 

What's not okay is purposely antagonizing someone about it rather than discussing it like a normal human being. Like what happened. 

#112 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

Guys, it's done - a warning was issued. There's no need to keep going over it. Please focus on the scavenger hunt now. 

#113 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

mc6s0i.jpg

The frown is for my phone, for refusing to take a picture in anything more than bad quality. lol

#114 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:30 AM

Needed this after today -_-

mB7tss2.jpg

#115 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:06 AM

@Coops great work thanks for this one of my fav comps to watch on the side lines maybe one year I will take part

#116 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:50 AM

I ran out of rep on the last page :(

@Coops I am so proud of you! Thank you again for hosting this, not everyone knows how much work really goes into doing one of these. Fuck the haters.

#117 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:56 AM

Round one

1qiCQCP.jpg

Yes, i was going to gym

Edited by Amarillo, 16 April 2018 - 05:57 AM.

#118 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:13 AM

Can I get clarification please? Does the original beverage container have to be shown AS WELL AS the glass with ice and beverage from the original container?

#119 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:24 AM

What if I told you they were all fake? @Kat

#120 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:15 AM

Attached File  image.jpeg   172.57KB   0 downloads

#121 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

2dvvddf.jpg

#122 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

A cup with ice + liquid is all that's necessary @Jess! Your entry is excellent and you look so cute today.

#123 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:48 AM

33c52mv.jpg

#124 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:04 AM

K2efVbr.jpg

#125 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

K2efVbr.jpg

Your hair is so beautiful, what the heck. 

ANNOUNCEMENT

I will be posting round 4 early tonight. I have an appointment tomorrow so I'ma be going to bed early. Hopefully lol. I promise as long as y'all post your round 3 photos by 12:28am EST, you'll get credit. I will not be posting standings tonight because they will not accurately reflect round 3. Standings as of round 3 will be posted tomorrow as a separate announcement and added to the OP. Round 4 is a 48 hour challenge and the deadline will be 12:30am EST on Thursday, April 19th. I will post the remaining details later tonight (probably around 9 or 10 pm EST). Thank you for your understanding guys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scav, hunt, contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users