15 replies to this topic

#1 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

giphy.gif

Hello, Welcome to a Spring has Sprung quiz!

It finally feels like Spring here (first day it hasn't dipped into freezing temperatures!)

So I figure I'd have us a little quiz like I used to do =) (Thanks to @Adam for reminding me!)

Feel free to share your answers below, discuss or just let me know what you love about Spring!

I look forward to seeing your feelings about this bloomin time of year =) 

1. How does Spring rank amongst the seasons for you?

2. What sounds remind you most of Spring?

3. What is Spring like where you live? Is it hot, cold, wet, dry?

4. Any fun plans over the next couple of months before Summer?

5. Will you be planting a garden? Any favourite crops? Anything you've wanted to garden but haven't?

6. What is a trip you would love to take in the Spring? 

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

I LOVE YOUR QUIZZES

Also it's Fall here right now but I'll answer as if it was Spring for the sake of sticking to the questions :p

1. How does Spring rank amongst the seasons for you? Last place. Spring gets super hot here, but we still have classes, so it's a lot of suffering LOL

2. What sounds remind you most of Spring? No particular sound, to be honest. I can barely think of anything the reminds me of Spring. And my birthday is actually during Spring so that's interesting lmao

3. What is Spring like where you live? Is it hot, cold, wet, dry? Very hot and wet. Rains all the time, which is one good thing about it.

4. Any fun plans over the next couple of months before Summer? I don't even have plans for Fall let alone for Spring :p

5. Will you be planting a garden? Any favourite crops? Anything you've wanted to garden but haven't? I really suck at planting so that'll be a no for me.

6. What is a trip you would love to take in the Spring? Japan, maybe? A friend of mine is there right now and they keep sending amazing snaps, everything looks so beautiful! But that might be just Japan so idk x)

#3 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:47 PM

- I hate it and love it. I hate that I get allergies that are so awful and make me life a living hell. But I love all they colors and smells.

- Rain and birds chirping

- cold and wet to wet and comfortable lol

- no big plans, just some daily hiking adventures. Free time is limited due to all the homework I've got from my class.

5. Will you be planting a garden? Any favourite crops? Anything you've wanted to garden but haven't?
- we planned to have a garden box, if my man and my brother get it done I want some veggies. I don't have a green thumb and i kill all plants lol, plus I'm allergic to the outdoors.

- yikes, I'll come back to this... I don't know.

#4 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

O boy I love quizzes!

It would be 2/4. It would be 1 if it weren't for all the dang pollen. :(

Chirping birds, and maybe some rain.

Usually pretty cool, and riddled with pollen.

Look for jobs...?

I don't have the time nor space to plant a garden, sadly. Plus we're getting an increase of deer in our area, so a garden wouldn't be such a great idea.

Never really thought of taking trips in the Spring. I always just sort of liked staying home and chilling out.

#5 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:31 PM

Eh. It's not the worst season, but my favorite is honestly fall and winter.

The birds and the rustling of tree branches.

Usually it's coolish/warmish as fuck and wet, but this year it's been weirdly hot then cold. Like this week alone we've gone from 80F (26C) to 40F (4C). It's been on and off, hot and cold, since like January.

I'm seeing my sister next month for her college graduation! But otherwise, probably nothing, because I'm boring and don't have many friends IRL lmao.

I want to, but it'll be a miracle if I can just keep my grass mowed, so the city doesn't fine me. So, don't hold your breath. IF I was able, I'd love to plant roses, herbs like rosemary, parsley, mint, and some vegetables like bell peppers, squash, etc. My parsley plant drowned last year and then I moved it to an area out of my eyeline whenever I'd come home, so I forgot to water him a few times and he died. It was a tragic time in my life.

I would love to go somewhere where it's cooler before it gets hot. Oh man, I'd love to go back to Alaska. Q.Q

#6 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:44 AM

Third. I love winter and autumn more.

The sound of birds chirping at 5 in the morning, and rain. Lots and lots of rain.

Usually wet, but we've had a mini heatwave the last few days and it's been super sunny and blue skies. It's forecast to rain tonight and over the next week though, so back to normal.

Just exams D: I may potentially be visiting Seattle, but if that doesn't happen then I'll likely go to Amsterdam or Greece for a short holiday.

My current house does not have a garden, but if I could I'd try to grow blackcurrants and strawberries. I'm super into them at the moment.

Japan. But then I'd go to Japan any time of the year, I'm not choosy!

#7 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:19 AM

1. How does Spring rank amongst the seasons for you? Fall is my favourite, then Spring, then Summer, then Winter.

2. What sounds remind you most of Spring? I have no idea. I haven't noticed sounds very much.

3. What is Spring like where you live? Is it hot, cold, wet, dry? Right now it's hot and very sunny, with rain from time to time. We tend to have two seasons - hot sunny with a tiny bit of rain; and lots of rain. But the second season (lots of rain) seems to be changing to hot and sunny with a bit more rain than the first season. It's nice to have the same weather all the time, if it wasn't so HOT.

4. Any fun plans over the next couple of months before Summer? LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! I have no idea actually. I'm just getting by day to day. Definitely no fun things to look forward to, like vacation or anything.

5. Will you be planting a garden? Any favourite crops? Anything you've wanted to garden but haven't? I don't have a garden :( I once kept a ton of plants in pots outside, but there was something in there that gave me horrific allergies. Got rid and have been mostly fine ever since.

6. What is a trip you would love to take in the Spring? Nowhere really. The weather here is decent, so not something I'd want to get away from. I'm not sure I'd want to go to Canada that still seems to have snow or something right now (wtf Canada). Maybe the Caribbean or somewhere in South America. Somewhere with similar weather to where I am because I only have clothes for the tropics.

#8 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

I LOVE YOUR QUIZZES

Also it's Fall here right now but I'll answer as if it was Spring for the sake of sticking to the questions :p

Is it weird to have it be Fall when the majority of us are experiencing Spring? 

- we planned to have a garden box, if my man and my brother get it done I want some veggies. I don't have a green thumb and i kill all plants lol, plus I'm allergic to the outdoors.

I want a garden box too! I don't know how dedicated I will actually be to it though lol. I've successfully grown herbs in the past and thats the extent of it

O boy I love quizzes!

It would be 2/4. It would be 1 if it weren't for all the dang pollen. :(

Same. Allergy meds are my best friend in Spring and Autumn lol!

I'm seeing my sister next month for her college graduation! But otherwise, probably nothing, because I'm boring and don't have many friends IRL lmao.

Ohhh what does she graduate from!?

Japan. But then I'd go to Japan any time of the year, I'm not choosy!

Have you been to Japan previously? Which parts??

6. What is a trip you would love to take in the Spring? Nowhere really. The weather here is decent, so not something I'd want to get away from. I'm not sure I'd want to go to Canada that still seems to have snow or something right now (wtf Canada). Maybe the Caribbean or somewhere in South America. Somewhere with similar weather to where I am because I only have clothes for the tropics.

There is indeed still snow hills open here that you can go skiing on :p Other parts of Canada are quite warm already though!

#9 Arnie

Arnie
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

Well........ We have a dry season and a rainy season, and is not exactly even xD

I like April and May because they match with some holidays, and my birthday.

Raining and splashings.

Hot and humid, we are supposed to have a first season of constant rains. At the start they just get it even warmer, but lately it becomes refreshing.

Nothing besides being locked working and try to don't go nuts :p

I plant some varieties of beans in my garden, i just harvested (And ate!) a bunch of pink beans ^ ^

I also have bananas and plantains wroing in my backyard. I'd love to have a nice orange tree, or tangerine... An avocado tree would be great too <3

Bus trip to Peru, no return, thanks xD

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

I don't really remember what any other seasons besides hot as fuck feels like, but I think spring > everything else.

The birds chirping outside of my window at our lake house in the wee ours of the morning.

Hot...90F+

Maybe moving back to Arkansas :D.

I would really like to plant a garden at the new house; we'll have to see. I'd want to grow some cucumbers and lettuce. Are peppers easy to grow??

I'd really like to go fishing. I haven't been fishing in almost 6 years now, and it's one of my favorite relaxing things to do. Maybe I'll buy a boat ^^.

now, and it's one of my favorite relaxing things to do. Maybe I'll buy a boat ^^.

#11 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

Ohhh what does she graduate from!?

College! I'm so excited and proud of her. 

#12 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

Is it weird to have it be Fall when the majority of us are experiencing Spring? 

It used to be, especially when the subject was the current weather/season, but at this point I'm more than used to it :p

#13 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

I plant some varieties of beans in my garden, i just harvested (And ate!) a bunch of pink beans ^ ^

I also have bananas and plantains wroing in my backyard. I'd love to have a nice orange tree, or tangerine... An avocado tree would be great too <3

There are pink beans? what? I had no idea lol!

I would really like to plant a garden at the new house; we'll have to see. I'd want to grow some cucumbers and lettuce. Are peppers easy to grow??

Peppers aren't hard to grow, some are easier than others though! They like it warm so you'd be in luck with where you currently are haha!

#14 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:53 PM

1. How does Spring rank amongst the seasons for you? It's my second favorite.

2. What sounds remind you most of Spring? I don't think there's a particular sound that reminds me of spring.

3. What is Spring like where you live? Is it hot, cold, wet, dry? Hot, wet and colorful.

4. Any fun plans over the next couple of months before Summer? It's fall here, but the plan is going back to murica to @Adam and enjoy the summer there.

5. Will you be planting a garden? Any favourite crops? Anything you've wanted to garden but haven't? I have no idea how to plant and take care of a garden, have always lived in apartments.

6. What is a trip you would love to take in the Spring? To Italy and france, but I'd love to go during summer too.

#15 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2018 - 12:45 AM

Have you been to Japan previously? Which parts??

Haha no, I wish. That's why I'm open to going at any time, it just looks amazing.

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

Spring is #1 for me. I love seeing 20k shades of green when I'm driving. It's like the hills are Alive.
The smell of cut grass. Oh wait that's not a sound. Creeks sound different in the spring here cause the watercress interrupts it, so I guess that. Or tornado sirens.
It depends. Last year it was raining and we flooded, over and over. This year, spring started with a snow then was like oops that's not right and fast forwarded to 80F degree weather every day.
Not really. Just trying to get the oldest through school at this point, because all the snow delayed her last day. We're doing a lot of gardening and foraging (follow along at my Instagram)
I plant all kinds of stuff and encourage wild growth too. We planted strawberries and blackberries last year and they're doing great, also a crabapple tree and some iris transplants. This year, I've done broccolini, pansies, a walnut tree, petunias, a couple different peppers, herbs and more herbs, wedding flowers, and beans. We also have wild grapes, cucamelon, and dozens of "weeds" and other trees.
Oh, idk. There's a trail over in Branson I'd like to go to. It's my favorite spring hike.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: padme, quiz, spring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users