Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

Spoiler

#28 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:57 AM

Ya'll are making me want a doggo but I have too many cats and humans. My favourite doggo is my Nanny's pomeranian Jethro. 
I can't embed the video from instagram I don't think e.e 

So here: https://www.instagra...en-by=bonebriar

#29 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:46 AM

Spoiler

#30 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:13 PM

Is that a wolf dog? (I don't mean the obvious husky.) 

He's a high content wolfdog aka a husky on steroids, he just forgets he's a giant pupper sometimes.

#31 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

He's a high content wolfdog aka a husky on steroids, he just forgets he's a giant pupper sometimes.

Yeah he looks high content for sure :D

Do you know what %?

I love wolf dogs so much when I see one that isn't someone trying to claim their malamute mix is one. 

#32 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:28 PM

Yeah he looks high content for sure :D

Do you know what %?

I love wolf dogs so much when I see one that isn't someone trying to claim their malamute mix is one. 

He's an F3 and somewhere in the lower 90's, he was tested via UC Davis and I might do Embark next but his family is pretty consistent. 

But yeah, it's way more common to see people claim wolfdog than to actually have a wolfdog. I get it alot :(

#33 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

He's an F3 and somewhere in the lower 90's, he was tested via UC Davis and I might do Embark next but his family is pretty consistent. 

But yeah, it's way more common to see people claim wolfdog than to actually have a wolfdog. I get it alot :(

Oh my god. I've never actually seen an F3 as a pet before! How is his temperament? Does he act more like a dog or a wolf? Was he hard to train?

And yeah, I've seen some pure huskies people try to pass off as wolf dogs and it's like 'wtf are you doing yo?' 

#34 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:02 PM

Oh my god. I've never actually seen an F3 as a pet before! How is his temperament? Does he act more like a dog or a wolf? Was he hard to train?

And yeah, I've seen some pure huskies people try to pass off as wolf dogs and it's like 'wtf are you doing yo?' 

I use the term 'pet' very loosely, it definitely takes a certain type of person to keep them happy and balanced. I have jurassic park style fencing, hot wire and all and he has a particular diet.

He's shy but can still walk through large crowds, he just doesn't like people focusing on him alone or reaching out to touch him without an introduction. He was raised with my husky and has gone to work with me at a dog daycare since he was a few months old, I took alot of time off work to properly socialize him and if I hadn't, he would be a nervous mess. He definitely loves me and my boyfriend unconditionally - almost annoyingly- but he does have a few other people in his close circle that he loves to see too.

He also learns very quickly, its just a matter of having something he wants. He knows more commands than my husky, plays with dogs better and walks better than him too. He's a major thief though and loves to dig and tear things up if he feels like it. You can't tell him no, but you can swap things or divert his attention. We go on hikes alot and he plays with a flirt pole nearly every day, he gets new toys weekly and lots of food enrichment otherwise he'd be so bored which is really unhealthy. Like, break your teeth on the fence unhealthy. 

I definitely do not recommend them for most people, but I know some people with lower contents that have lived relatively normal lives. It just depends on the lineage, upbringing, and how much time you devote - just like any other dog.

Here's a video of his first week home. 

https://bit.ly/2w7rYDs

#35 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

I use the term 'pet' very loosely, it definitely takes a certain type of person to keep them happy and balanced. I have jurassic park style fencing, hot wire and all and he has a particular diet.

He's shy but can still walk through large crowds, he just doesn't like people focusing on him alone or reaching out to touch him without an introduction. He was raised with my husky and has gone to work with me at a dog daycare since he was a few months old, I took alot of time off work to properly socialize him and if I hadn't, he would be a nervous mess. He definitely loves me and my boyfriend unconditionally - almost annoyingly- but he does have a few other people in his close circle that he loves to see too.

He also learns very quickly, its just a matter of having something he wants. He knows more commands than my husky, plays with dogs better and walks better than him too. He's a major thief though and loves to dig and tear things up if he feels like it. You can't tell him no, but you can swap things or divert his attention. We go on hikes alot and he plays with a flirt pole nearly every day, he gets new toys weekly and lots of food enrichment otherwise he'd be so bored which is really unhealthy. Like, break your teeth on the fence unhealthy. 

I definitely do not recommend them for most people, but I know some people with lower contents that have lived relatively normal lives. It just depends on the lineage, upbringing, and how much time you devote - just like any other dog.

Here's a video of his first week home. 

https://bit.ly/2w7rYDs

I personally wouldn't ever get one because I know I couldn't maintain the high needs that it'd need.

But holy crap, I'm glad he's happy in his home. Do they really have a pack mentality still? Or is that just a myth?

I'll check the video out too :) 

#36 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

I personally wouldn't ever get one because I know I couldn't maintain the high needs that it'd need.

But holy crap, I'm glad he's happy in his home. Do they really have a pack mentality still? Or is that just a myth?

I'll check the video out too :)

All dogs have a pack mentality, just in varying degrees. He's no different. 

#37 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:33 PM

All dogs have a pack mentality, just in varying degrees. He's no different. 

I heard applying the pack mentality with a pure dog wasn't accurate. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that because while I study dogs a lot. I never did research that part of their psychology. 

#38 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

Ya'll are making me want a doggo but I have too many cats and humans. My favourite doggo is my Nanny's pomeranian Jethro. 
I can't embed the video from instagram I don't think e.e 

So here: https://www.instagra...en-by=bonebriar

OMG poms are so cute  :heart: my brothers ex have one named chewie and I love him so much. I'm so sad that I can't see him anymore  :crybaby: @Adam knows how much I miss him, I talk about him all the time.

Edited by Lollita, 03 May 2018 - 06:39 PM.

#39 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

I heard applying the pack mentality with a pure dog wasn't accurate. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that because while I study dogs a lot. I never did research that part of their psychology. 

I don't think pack mentality is black and white, some people believe it means a social hierarchy and even a dogs ability to apply dominance over people which in turn means you have to be the 'pack leader' which is a load of crap. Anyone who works with real wolves and wolfdogs successfully will probably agree, you get far better and more consistent results when you realize you're not a dog and rewarding and shaping behaviors is the way to go.

I work with packs of dogs daily, in upwards of 80-100 a day of all breeds and sizes, and there is definitely a pecking order within them in terms of attention, puppy privileges, and even the way they all react if a fight breaks out. Thats what I think of when I hear of pack mentality.

Edited by Salamanda, 04 May 2018 - 02:34 PM.

#40 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

I don't think pack mentality is black and white, some people believe it means a social hierarchy and even a dogs ability to apply dominance over people which in turn means you have to be the 'pack leader' which is a load of crap. Anyone who works with real wolves and wolfdogs successfully will probably agree, you get far better and more consistent results when you realize you're not a dog and rewarding and shaping behaviors is the way to go.

I work with packs of dogs daily, in upwards of 80-100 a day of all breeds and sizes, and there is definitely a pecking order within them in terms of attention, puppy privileges, and even the way they all react if a fight breaks out. Thats what I think of when I hear of pack mentality.

Yeah, the 'dominance behavior' was the main thing I meant there. 

Wow, so like even regular domesticated dog breeds have pecking orders and pack mentalities with each other? That's pretty awesome

#41 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2018 - 06:53 AM

Spoiler

I need to take some better photos I think...

#42 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:52 AM

That face in the first pic is why I love dogs so much

#43 Grumpy

Grumpy
  • 234 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:11 AM

omg I missed this and now must share my household doggos.

This is Angel, she's super sweet and cute but so dumb.  She's a rescue we pulled from a kill list a few years ago.

Attached File  Angel-small.PNG   343.67KB   0 downloads

This is Lexi, Great Dane, another rescue.  When we got her she was painfully thin/malnourished but she's doing well now. Big dopey girl.

Attached File  Lexi-small.PNG   477.37KB   0 downloads

And here are Jessi, brown doggo, and Ari, husky.  Jessi we adopted from some friends who found her roaming the streets like ten years ago now. She's my best pal, she loves to give kisses.  And Ari is my roommate's dog, 3 years old, super smart and "talkative."  lol  :D

Attached File  Jessi-Ari-BB-small.PNG   1.52MB   0 downloads

I love all of your very good boys and girls, and my heart goes out to all of you who've lost them.  We lost our only boy - all the rest girls! - over a year and a half ago now, and it still feels like yesterday.  I also lost my very best kitty friend a few months ago and it's just awful without him.  Hugs for you all!

(Okay now I have to show you Clyde, who was the very best of boys!)

Attached File  Clyde-small.PNG   624.95KB   0 downloads

#44 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

^ This has been your daily reminder that dogs are superior to cats. That is all.

#45 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:54 PM

I love all your doggos!

Here's mine/my parent's dog in an xmas sweater I made her:

IF0Sctg.jpg?1

Her name is Baby and she's about 11/12 years old I think? We used to have 2 yorkies, but the male ran away last year and we never found him :(

She's REALLY difficult to get a decent picture of, her hair gets in her eyes and she's a spaz. So cute tho

#46 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

funny-dog-gif-dog-pushes-cat-into-bath.g

#47 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

TkvaQJK.jpg

My girls  :wub:

Left: Bella (10), Background: Gracie (7), Right: Rosie (4)

#48 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:40 PM

wCJQIp1.jpg

13/10 Frozen Yogurt can go to hell I want one of these instead

#49 babz

babz
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:42 PM

Rogue - that puppy is the cutest thing I've seen this year. And my nephew and his wife had a baby.  :lol:

I have two old dogs who I love as much as most of my friends. The beagle was adopted when he was around 7 (we think he's 13-14 now) and he has a tattoo in his ear because he was a lab rat/dog. Poor thing lived in a cage for those first 7 years and had god-knows-what done to him. IMG_0383_zpsjrdhzp9d.jpg

Then this one is a pit/beagle mix and she's my neurotic/weird but fun baby. She's now 12 but this is one of my favorite pictures of her.

IMG_0477.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users