Quantcast

Photo

Guide for a newbie setting up a shell account?

proxy vpn second accounts security abrosia

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kallixe

Kallixe
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:09 PM

Hi guys, I'm a new member and I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep my main account secure, as I am very attached to it, but still be able to use the Abrosia software to gain NP. 

To keep my connection secure, should I go ahead and get a VPN? What about a proxy? I've heard a good way to keep your account secure is set up a shell account on a different IP using a proxy and run the software on that account. But how would you transfer items/NPs to my main? Can I use my existing side accounts even though they are already linked to my home IP? I'm very new to this and any help or guides would be appreciated! :)

#2 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 6,081 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

Hello! 

It really depends on your use case. Are you using multiple accounts? If so, are you funneling the profits from those accounts to a single account? In general, the safest way to operate multiple accounts is to have a separate proxy/VPN for each account. If your existing side accounts are already linked to your home IP, then don't bother with proxies. Personally, I find it too much of a hassle to launder neopoints, and I just keep my assets separate. If you need help regarding proxies, I have a handy guide here that should help!

#3 Kallixe

Kallixe
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:25 PM

Thanks ortin! If I set up a specific proxy for each account, is it possible to use both accounts at the same time in a different browser?

#4 animean

animean
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

Hi guys, I'm a new member and I'm trying to figure out the best way to keep my main account secure, as I am very attached to it, but still be able to use the Abrosia software to gain NP. 

To keep my connection secure, should I go ahead and get a VPN? What about a proxy? I've heard a good way to keep your account secure is set up a shell account on a different IP using a proxy and run the software on that account. But how would you transfer items/NPs to my main? Can I use my existing side accounts even though they are already linked to my home IP? I'm very new to this and any help or guides would be appreciated! :)

It would be dependent on how many accounts you're using. If you're looking to AB on multiple accounts then AB'ing on your side account would not be a good idea - TNT can track that multiple accounts from the same IP are being used to restock one after another. 

A proxy would be a good idea to keep yourself safe. I would suggest looking into dedicated proxies over any downloadable VPN program since a lot of these programs won't allow you to use a static IP. Additionally I'd recommend staying away from all popular and commercial VPN's like HMA, Hotspot Shield, or even Tor. TNT is flagging a majority of these popular programs and are banning accounts immediately for having IP's from their pools connected to an account. 

#5 Kallixe

Kallixe
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:05 PM

It would be dependent on how many accounts you're using. If you're looking to AB on multiple accounts then AB'ing on your side account would not be a good idea - TNT can track that multiple accounts from the same IP are being used to restock one after another. 

A proxy would be a good idea to keep yourself safe. I would suggest looking into dedicated proxies over any downloadable VPN program since a lot of these programs won't allow you to use a static IP. Additionally I'd recommend staying away from all popular and commercial VPN's like HMA, Hotspot Shield, or even Tor. TNT is flagging a majority of these popular programs and are banning accounts immediately for having IP's from their pools connected to an account. 

Oh wow, so its against their rules to have a VPN? So they don't want you to be a smart internet user? That kinda sucks, thanks for the heads up!

#6 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 6,081 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Thanks ortin! If I set up a specific proxy for each account, is it possible to use both accounts at the same time in a different browser?

Yes, if you have one account per browser. 

Do you have a source for that? There are a lot of people who can only access neopets via popular VPNs or shared IP addresses like school internet.

Oh wow, so its against their rules to have a VPN? So they don't want you to be a smart internet user? That kinda sucks, thanks for the heads up!

It's not explicitly against the rules I believe, unless if someone will prove me wrong. 

#7 jeas09

jeas09
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:36 PM

Plenty of guides around the site hope you find what your looking for!

#8 Kallixe

Kallixe
  • 29 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:46 PM

Well that's pretty cool using proxies, I never knew you could do that! I just really want to improve my one account so I'm not sure how AB on a different account would really help in that aspect... I want the stamp avvies  :boxed:

This is a message I got from Firefox after setting up my proxy:

"Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network. This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot."

It has a reCAPTCHA but it says my computer might be sending automated responses and stops me from proceeding. I can't go to any websites. Help?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: proxy, vpn, second accounts, security, abrosia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users