• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#26 Outsider

Outsider
  • THE YOOYUNATER

• 2103 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

I guess I should self-freeze brightvalegunwin. Bummer.

#27 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:49 AM

I'm still just salty about last year

#28 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:54 AM

Last year what TNT did, or last year from here? 

#29 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:24 AM

#Imretired

Someone else gon' have to do it.

Also,

hi @Outsider

#30 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:31 AM

Last year what TNT did, or last year from here? 

Both.

#31 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

Both.

Why?

#32 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:44 PM

Why?

Not going to go into detail about what happened here. I'm being petty and salty more than anything being serious. If you find some posts from last year, you'd probably figure it out on your own.

For neopets: It fucking sucked. TNT rigged the entire god damn thing, kept us from promoting in rank and generally it was just a suck fest. Oh and the mass freezing that happened. I've lost my main in the AC before. But that's the first time I felt it wasn't worth the loss because my contributions counted for NOTHING.  If TNT rigs it again then I have literally 0 reason to even care about the AC in general. 

I don't even feel the least bit excited because of what TNT's probably going to pull this year. 

The stuff that happened here? I can look past that like I said, I'm just being petty. I'm more angry about TNT fucking over everyone, including innocent players. because once again. If they're going to do that what's even the point in trying? 

#33 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

Yes,  neopets will almost certainly try to stop autos, bots, and score senders.   Major League baseball will keep testing for steriods.

#34 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

Yes,  neopets will almost certainly try to stop autos, bots, and score senders.   Major League baseball will keep testing for steriods.

Yeah but when you actually rig the event you know it's over for /everyone/ not just cheaters.

#35 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

Yeah but when you actually rig the event you know it's over for /everyone/ not just cheaters.

They should just do something about the max allowed games per day. Make it something that casuals can do reasonably in a day. I think that would solve a lot of the issues. 

#36 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:28 PM

Yeah last year was terrible.

On the plus side, maybe they can't make it worse than that...?

#37 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:26 AM

Yea but Major League baseball won't let players stand up to bat and then once they've played not give them any stats for the games because they felt like maybe they weren't legit. Sure you stopped the three players in the league that were on roids, but you also invalidated about 20 other legitimate players work and then to just kick everybody in the teeth the league picked who they wanted to win so it didn't matter that we all saw that grand slam that should have won the game, the umps called it an out.

#38 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:38 AM

Yea but Major League baseball won't let players stand up to bat and then once they've played not give them any stats for the games because they felt like maybe they weren't legit. Sure you stopped the three players in the league that were on roids, but you also invalidated about 20 other legitimate players work and then to just kick everybody in the teeth the league picked who they wanted to win so it didn't matter that we all saw that grand slam that should have won the game, the umps called it an out.

Best analogy ever!

#39 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

Actually,  that is exactly what has been done, abet not in baseball.  Remember Lance Armstrong.  Now,  if argue that the net is too wide and is sweeping up too many players, well,  a couple in baseball got caught up for over-the-counter cold meds. 

Seems to me, if there wasn't a "Team Codex" and people just scattered to random teams there would be less of a chance of getting caught.   If you want the swag.

Edited by Kaiachained, 29 May 2018 - 09:06 AM.

#40 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

Actually,  that is exactly what has been done, abet not in baseball.  Remember Lance Armstrong.  Now,  if argue that the net is too wide and is sweeping up too many players, well,  a couple in baseball got caught up for over-the-counter cold meds. 

Seems to me, if there wasn't a "Team Codex" and people just scattered to random teams there would be less of a chance of getting caught.   If you want the swag.

Lance Armstrong was actually cheating, but they didn't up the ante and say oh well hes on Team America so anybody else that did good thats American probably cheated too so they all get invalidated. Actually, anybody who ran a time faster than "this arbitrary cutoff we think people should be able to do this in" gets invalidated too because we think thats the cheater threshold.

To the over the counter cold meds, what your essentially getting at is sensitivity vs specificity. The problem is they used a method that was far too sensitive for how low specificity it had. You gotta balance them, you are never going to catch all the cheaters, so you wanna catch the bulk of them while not ruining the game for people who aren't.

All this again separate from the fact this was a farce. They rigged the game. People don't care if they lose, they just wanna lose in a fight that wasn't scripted.

#41 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:14 AM

Truth to be told, I was kind of expecting such thing from JS. I wasn't expecting the way things went on here, the sudden drop of all activities and communication. I was like, what's going on? The whole thing was exciting and suddenly it just died. I don't understand a thing about programs, codes etc. so I really would have appreciated some discussion, even speculation, on what was going on from more knowledgeable people. Nevermind, the sign-ups are now open:

http://www.neopets.c...eum/index.phtml

#42 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:37 AM

Right sign-ups are live,  thanks Brendida

#43 Popplio

Popplio
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Wait, so sign-ups are live? I'm assuming no team has been picked. Are we scattered this year? Can someone please fill me in on what's going on? Sorry.

#44 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 11:58 AM

Wait, so sign-ups are live? I'm assuming no team has been picked. Are we scattered this year? Can someone please fill me in on what's going on? Sorry.

Yes, games the same as last year,  play the same as last year.  Not sure what they changed. 

#45 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 29 May 2018 - 12:24 PM

If they're planning something, I'm in the dark. Which isn't really normal for private, so I'm doubting we're doing anything. And considering TNT's actions? I can't blame anyone for not wanting to do it this year. 

I'm joining my favorite team either way because I'm playing legit this year anyway. 

They should just do something about the max allowed games per day. Make it something that casuals can do reasonably in a day. I think that would solve a lot of the issues. 

I couldn't agree with this more. 

#46 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

Does the score sender even work for this purpose anymore? I forget if we figured out last year they were flagging accounts simply due to amount of games played or if it actually was tied to the score sender. I honestly don't even know if its worth firing up again, I don't have a favorite team, I just always went team Codex. 

#47 Popplio

Popplio
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

Hmmph. I'll probably choose some teams and join one on each of my shells and (hopefully) scoresend.

>>>not sure if it's worth risking my precious shells for though

#48 1346452353

• 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

Oh boy, my first AC in a few years... probably not going to play legit but still, no idea what team to choose.

I've backed as many as 10 different ones these past... 12 cups?

Might as well join a new one I guess c:

#49 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

Does the score sender even work for this purpose anymore? I forget if we figured out last year they were flagging accounts simply due to amount of games played or if it actually was tied to the score sender. I honestly don't even know if its worth firing up again, I don't have a favorite team, I just always went team Codex. 

Don't risk it right now. TNT wrecked those of us who SSed last year. 

Do AOB instead. That shit won't get you caught unless you do something stupid. 

#50 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

I will be AOBing this year. I know there's a ShoSho autoplayer that I may try to get going, but, I think I can still AllStar on my main with just AOB. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acxiii, altador cup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users