Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

We now have some "obtainable" stamp avis released:

5eIpnVE.png

^credit to Jellyneo

Personally I think this is great and well needed but as always there are some haters here are some NP snippets:

8KMYq4o.png

011WexS.png

hYS7uJ8.png

^interesting

dLCONOS.png

Its good to see TNT interacting to members

M80hqW4.png

^not sure about this the price would have to be very high to make it work most of the HT items now could do with a price increase IMO

pthECbf.png

Again great to see

#2 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

#3 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:35 AM

Thats awesome that they are looking to add more stamps back to the economy. I am glad they did this, but it is a pretty overwhelming amount of new avatars, haha!

Glad I bought some stamps right after Neopia Central was added.

#4 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

Jr3lKch.png

^Frankie made me chuckle

STOP THE PRESS

FMFQEm3.png

New team altador avis are also only temporary did not know this.

Now back onto Stamps:

DOZF9y1.png

^ My fav of the day

#5 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:41 AM

With all the stamp albums, I imagine most of the prices for the current ones will fall. Knowing TNT they will overdo it and all the hard to find stamps will be extremely common by comparison (see Charity Corner). 

#6 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:57 AM

I got a bunch of the avatars on my main and I got neoboard tears. What a great day

but hopefully they follow through and do something to improve the stamp pricing alongside this, it's pretty nuts lol

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:10 AM

oIUBNNw.png

Got me the Scarab one today, managed to buy a few stamps before they went crazy too that I intend to add to my album for more avatars in the future. Will hold onto them and see what the prices do for a while though. May end up re-selling them for a profit if they go up a fair bit xD

I think it would be awesome to see them fix (or re-enable) the Almost Abandoned Attic to 're-release' higher tier stamps. Maybe something like using the Cove or something even? I think if they add them to dailies, they will just plummet in value, even IF they make the rarer stamps 'hard to get'.

#8 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

yeah I dont like the idea of dailys they would mess it up and release to many of them.  So far the best ideas I have seen is:

Attic

Hidden Tower but at very high levels of price

Cove

to be honest its been awhile since the last cove item so would not surprise me if it ends up being cove related.

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:30 AM

yeah I dont like the idea of dailys they would mess it up and release to many of them.  So far the best ideas I have seen is:

Attic

Cove

to be honest its been awhile since the last cove item so would not surprise me if it ends up being cove related.

Yeah I agree with your sentiments above. I actually really like the Cove idea now that I think about it more. Would still be a limited quantity released, making them still quite rare, but with giving more of the "Average Joe's" a chance of obtaining them without fear of not being able to bid on a Dr. Sloth auction because of the "Rich Joe's" xD

#10 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:57 AM

Cove or Hidden Tower would be a good idea, indeed. Let's hope we see something in this direction sooner that later.

For now I'm quitting AoBing in stamps, with my slow connection it would be pointless, I assume everybody is already there, competing fiercely  :)

#11 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:30 AM

Oh man, had I not lost my account ages ago, I'd probably have 80% of these avs :(

#12 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

Oh man, had I not lost my account ages ago, I'd probably have 80% of these avs :(

I would have a decent number of them as well :/

#13 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:00 AM

I'm not sure about everyone else, but the team avatars are a GODSEND for being temporary. Ain't no way Neopets is keeping me for ~20 more years just to collect each team's avatars.

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:51 AM

I'm not sure about everyone else, but the team avatars are a GODSEND for being temporary. Ain't no way Neopets is keeping me for ~20 more years just to collect each team's avatars.

Fuck that. You need to join a different team each year for the next millennia to get them all.

#15 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

Attic

Cove

The Grimoire Books are the very high price Hidden Tower avvies. I like the other ideas

#16 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

They released another one this week. That Golden Mr Irgo seems mocking...

#17 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

Mr. Irgo looks better than most new stamp avatars =/

With all the new releases, the only stamp avatar I'd even bother with after completing Lost Desert and Mystery Island is Other III and all that takes is just waiting and slugging through future events. 

I'm never going to bother with any other stamp avatar, restockable or not.

#18 DogeWow

DogeWow
  • Banned from trading. Do not trade with this member!

• 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:08 AM

Mr Irgo Stamp is the best one out of the ones they recently released. The Coconut one looks amazing as well!

#19 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

Mr Irgo is going to become the most sort after and hardest to get.

#20 Doodles

Doodles
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

I adore the coconut collector avatar. I knew this was going to happen eventually, but it still hurts that I wasn't big on stamp collecting in the past.

Ah well, I'll just have to save up for that beauty, and play coconut shy until I owe that Quiggle my soul.

Edited by Doodles, 26 July 2018 - 03:54 PM.

#21 OneAutumnLeaf

OneAutumnLeaf
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

They released these which are going to empty all my pockets with the influx of prices that will go up, oh well, time to try my best. Love the cocunut avatar as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users