So what've you all been up to?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:10 AM

I've been pretty busy. Same job, but bought a house and a new (to me) car. I think I bought the house before I was last here though, so I might have mentioned that already.

Still married, still playing WoW.

Same, mostly.

I hear Laser is gone, according to these Codies. What's up with that?

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:30 AM

No good.

You summoned me with your Codies vote, just so you know ;)

#3 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

Finished med school. Still married, still in the same tiny house. Have 2 kids now

#4 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

Ive been having weird dreams and stress eating.

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

Have 2 kids now

Well there's your first mistake.

Ive been having weird dreams and stress eating.

So, business as usual?

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

So, business as usual?

Yeah, pretty much. I was trying to think of something new but there's nothing.

#7 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

Do you mean second?

#8 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

Ahhh!

#9 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Learning Japanese and taking the easiest level test next month. Plan on doing until level 3 where I can comfortably watch Animu.

Still work at the same company but am now a "senior dev" (I feel so old :E).

Moved to my (sort of) own house.

More or less gave up on gaming but I still get excited when consoles get hacked.

Vacation next week! Wooh, Spain!

Visited the US for the first time last year (business trip) and visiting next month again but west coast this time (still business trip).

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:12 AM

Do you mean second?

First and second, I suppose :p

Ahhh!

Boo?

Learning Japanese and taking the easiest level test next month. Plan on doing until level 3 where I can comfortably watch Animu.

Still work at the same company but am now a "senior dev" (I feel so old :E).

Moved to my (sort of) own house.

More or less gave up on gaming but I still get excited when consoles get hacked.

Vacation next week! Wooh, Spain!

Visited the US for the first time last year (business trip) and visiting next month again but west coast this time (still business trip).

That's neat :) Home-ownership kinda sucks for all the work that gets poured into it, but so much more satisfying than renting. And I can do whatever I want to my walls :D

If you're ever sent on down to Nashville, we should get a drink!

#11 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

Boo?

That's neat :) Home-ownership kinda sucks for all the work that gets poured into it, but so much more satisfying than renting. And I can do whatever I want to my walls :D

The absolute best part of owning a home is painting the walls atrocious colors and nailing the furniture to them.

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

The absolute best part of owning a home is painting the walls atrocious colors and nailing the furniture to them.

We have a pea-green feature wall in the hallway :D

#13 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

Working, schooling, trying to pick a wedding date, saving for a house. All the fun adulty stuff.

#14 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:02 PM

Working, schooling, trying to pick a wedding date, saving for a house. All the fun adulty stuff.

I advise a 0% down loan from the USDA. Worked for us :D

#15 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

Boo?

Well itā€™s about time.

#16 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

I advise a 0% down loan from the USDA. Worked for us :D

I think we looked into that and we don't qualify based on our income. But good to know and I'll definitely look into it again if I'm wrong.

#17 Salamanda

Salamanda
  • 1000 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

I'm hoping to finally be able to afford a house with the USDA loan next year, glad to see someone else had success with it. I know you just need to live in a qualifying area and not make too much money. Was it hard finding an approved property? I'm so sick of renting and having a creepy landlord.

I've been randomly stopping by since the AC started but I don't see PRBM (still), Lisa, Maloo or Slinky. I have seen Drak and Strat, still unsure if thats good news or not :D

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

I think we looked into that and we don't qualify based on our income. But good to know and I'll definitely look into it again if I'm wrong.

Fair enough - we're poor as shit :p

I'm hoping to finally be able to afford a house with the USDA loan next year, glad to see someone else had success with it. I know you just need to live in a qualifying area and not make too much money. Was it hard finding an approved property? I'm so sick of renting and having a creepy landlord.

I've been randomly stopping by since the AC started but I don't see PRBM (still), Lisa, Maloo or Slinky. I have seen Drak and Strat, still unsure if thats good news or not :D

Finding an approved property wasn't so bad - the trouble was having to lay out for the inspection not knowing if it would be approved or not. When you're running on effectively a $0 budget that risk is nerve-racking!

I saw Drak won the best newcomer Codie this Spring, which was confusing :p

#19 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

We have a pea-green feature wall in the hallway :D

Our hallway is pink and all the frames are hung up, but they're still empty.

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

Killing plants and killing time, y'know. Is your car pretty?

#21 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Finished my enlistment, went to school out in Phoenix, got a really good job offer out in Little Rock, took that, bought a house...oh yeah, and Iā€™m engaged!

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Killing plants and killing time, y'know. Is your car pretty?

As pretty as a big fat SUV can be, I suppose. Kids, aye.

Finished my enlistment, went to school out in Phoenix, got a really good job offer out in Little Rock, took that, bought a house...oh yeah, and Iā€™m engaged!

Just waitin' on the day you get promoted to Big Rock. Then you'll know you've made it :D

Our hallway is pink and all the frames are hung up, but they're still empty.

That's funny. We have tons of artwork and haven't spent the cash to get it all framed yet :p

#23 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:57 PM

Being a nerd and a weeb. Learning Japanese with Duolingo so I can read my Yaoi. Working at Burlington, getting all my messed up biochemical levels back on track (theyā€™ve been causing problems with my mental health). On vacation and just went to my yearly anime convention.

#24 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

Being a nerd and a weeb. Learning Japanese with Duolingo so I can read my Yaoi. Working at Burlington, getting all my messed up biochemical levels back on track (theyā€™ve been causing problems with my mental health). On vacation and just went to my yearly anime convention.

Stop changing your name, weeb.

#25 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

Boo?

I enjoy the work aspect of homeownership. It feels good making improvements when it is your own house. I feel like in rentas it is just work. Or frustrating waiting for the people to come fix whatever needs fixing. Also, the upside is when the housing market gets more expensive you are still locked in your mortgage rate. With the 0% down usda do you still have to pay PMi? We save like $250/month by doing the 20% down (granted that was when our house was worth half what it is now. There is now way I couldā€™ve down 20% down if we bought now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users