Photo

How Risqué is it to AB? 2018 thread

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:14 AM

Ignoring the lame title; how risky is it nowadays to AB in those so-called high risk shops like Merrifoods, Kauvara's, Stamps, battle & defense magic and what not?

Has anyone been frequenting those areas in recent months? Have the neopets admins been less on-the-ball about policing these red-flag shops? I'm curious as to whether the old cautionary tales are still true or if security is more lax now that there are less players.

Sharing is caring!

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:09 AM

Ignoring the lame title; how risky is it nowadays to AB in those so-called high risk shops like Merrifoods, Kauvara's, Stamps, battle & defense magic and what not?

Has anyone been frequenting those areas in recent months? Have the neopets admins been less on-the-ball about policing these red-flag shops? I'm curious as to whether the old cautionary tales are still true or if security is more lax now that there are less players.

Sharing is caring!

Security (if you could call it that), seems to be much more 'lax these days. I've been regularly getting high ticket items in the 'red-flag' shops for a while now and haven't been frozen personally for AB-ing ever. So I would say things are as safe as you make them. Be patient, as always and don't try and buy things with stupid times and you should be fine :)

#3 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:49 AM

Security (if you could call it that), seems to be much more 'lax these days. I've been regularly getting high ticket items in the 'red-flag' shops for a while now and haven't been frozen personally for AB-ing ever. So I would say things are as safe as you make them. Be patient, as always and don't try and buy things with stupid times and you should be fine :)

Lol, there's definitely no worry about that. I think my fastest time is around 2300+ms and highest on normal operations is 9000+ms.

Sucks to connect to Neopets on the Asian continent. Haha.

#4 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:57 AM

Really secure! When I use Amazon EC2 my buytimes are around 800ms sometimes and I have been safe for months, I'd say years! 

Last time I was frozen was ages ago for using multiple accounts.

#5 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:21 AM

I literally AB nearly every day and have for the past 6 months or so. 

If you don't put in stupid settings, you'll be just fine. 

#6 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

If you act stupid you will pay the consequences but I've been ABing for years and I've never been frozen for it just make good decisions :)

#7 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

I won't act stupidly, or in reality I can't act stupidly due to server latency. Haha. I'll experiment on shell accounts and see how it goes. Thanks all!

#8 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

I won't act stupidly, or in reality I can't act stupidly due to server latency. Haha. I'll experiment on shell accounts and see how it goes. Thanks all!

Happy riches

#9 H3nryx

H3nryx
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:06 AM

I've made about 15m or so this month.

Sometimes I leave on my AB by mistake for like 12 hours...  had zero issues.

#10 Hairyknucks

Hairyknucks
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

I've made about 15m or so this month.

Sometimes I leave on my AB by mistake for like 12 hours...  had zero issues.

Holy.... 12 hours with no breaks or what? That's insane.

#11 H3nryx

H3nryx
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:35 AM

Holy.... 12 hours with no breaks or what? That's insane.

Ya most of the time I'm just restock banned when I come back but it has happened many many times. 

Not advising that you do it but I really see ABing as low risk... or I've just got very lucky lol.

#12 tessaurs

tessaurs
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:48 AM

Hi All.

I have been here for a while but never posted as I was shy.

I am super new to this, and was wondering if there were any updated lists for Abrosia? I want to start AB'ing because I lazily want to hit my goals <3

TIA for any help :)

#13 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

Hi All.

I have been here for a while but never posted as I was shy.

I am super new to this, and was wondering if there were any updated lists for Abrosia? I want to start AB'ing because I lazily want to hit my goals <3

TIA for any help :)

You really don't need a list for Abrosia, imo, unless you just want one. 

In case you haven't already seen it, there's an FAQ(though it's a little out of date) here: http://www.neocodex....sked-questions/

#14 tessaurs

tessaurs
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:52 PM

You really don't need a list for Abrosia, imo, unless you just want one. 

In case you haven't already seen it, there's an FAQ(though it's a little out of date) here: http://www.neocodex....sked-questions/

Ahh thank you so much <3 I will check it out. 

Do you have any other tips for a newbie like myself? I don't want to be one of the stupids who gets frozen for doing something silly :p

#15 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

Ahh thank you so much <3 I will check it out. 

Do you have any other tips for a newbie like myself? I don't want to be one of the stupids who gets frozen for doing something silly :p

Don't run it for impossibly long times.

Don't put your times too low. 

Don't brag on the boards. 

That's just about all there is to it. 

#16 harli

harli
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:19 AM

Ya most of the time I'm just restock banned when I come back but it has happened many many times. 

Not advising that you do it but I really see ABing as low risk... or I've just got very lucky lol.

when you get restocked banned, do you move over to a shell or do you wait it out? I'm super torn on using sides again, I just came back from a 5-6 year break because I was frozen last time for multiple accounts. I'm sure I messed up a proxy somewhere etc but can't decide if I want to risk it now or play more 'straight'. 

#17 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:00 PM

I lol'd at risque... stupid sexy neopets

when you get restocked banned, do you move over to a shell or do you wait it out? I'm super torn on using sides again, I just came back from a 5-6 year break because I was frozen last time for multiple accounts. I'm sure I messed up a proxy somewhere etc but can't decide if I want to risk it now or play more 'straight'. 

always safer to wait it out of course. I personally only go on one account for that purpose. 

#18 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:13 PM

Lol, there's definitely no worry about that. I think my fastest time is around 2300+ms and highest on normal operations is 9000+ms.

Sucks to connect to Neopets on the Asian continent. Haha.

Use ValorSuite with a proxy from North America.

ABing is incredibly safe right now.

#19 Demesne

Demesne
  • 121 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:07 PM

Use ValorSuite with a proxy from North America.

ABing is incredibly safe right now.

What happens when you use an NA proxy? Do the buy times go down?

#20 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

What happens when you use an NA proxy? Do the buy times go down?

Through ValorSuite yes. My servers are located near Neopets. My servers use the proxy you provide to contact Neopets from my server's location which leads to much faster buying times if you are not from North America.

Normally requests come from your machine then go to the proxy then to Neopets. My web application gives you the ability to go from my server to the proxy to Neopets.

#21 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:10 AM

Not risky at all. If you don't buy an item in .0001 seconds they don't care.

#22 H2gCya

H2gCya
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:39 AM

they are better off designing new neocash item then freeze user, considering they have declining userbase?

#23 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:21 PM

The more I look at this title the more I get weirded out how risqué and risky can be said the exact same but also different when you pronounce risque correctly w/ the é and mean two completely different things but also kinda mean the same thing at the same time? English is a weird language man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users