42 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

Tell me about the morbid shit you do. 

I have a folder of death letters. Basically, they are letters to people I love for after I die. And I have a journal I've been keeping for my husband after I die.

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

I feel sad for you now.

#3 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

I have a sheet of paper under my mattress that says ā€˜if I die, I was murdered by Robert Saundersā€™.

He is a boy who pushed me in the mud when I was nine in front of everyone. I will have my revenge one day.

#4 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:47 PM

I feel sad for you now.

Okay? My desire to leave something loving and positive behind for the people I love has literally zero impact on you. 

I have a sheet of paper under my mattress that says ā€˜if I die, I was murdered by Robert Saundersā€™.

He is a boy who pushed me in the mud when I was nine in front of everyone. I will have my revenge one day.

Haha, I feel like that's something I'd do. 

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

My grandma is a murder mystery novelist and retired life insurance investigator. Every time money being tight is brought up, she demands an elaborate plan from me to kill her and claim life insurance money, scott-free. She was impressed recently when I said the murder weapon was the building we were in at the time.

#6 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

Ummmm shit. I'm sorry. Also is this a bad time to tell you I am Robert Saunders?

#7 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:12 AM

I feel sad for you now.

Is the morbid shit you do feeling bad for people?
This is a topic to discuss morbid things not baptize Coops with more pity that she never asked for.

Advanced planning is a really smart thing to do. My Dad is fifty and has his entire funeral already planned out and paid for. A lot of people leave their love ones in great distress when theyā€™re gone because of no planning. Obviously not everyone has the opportunity or forethought for this.

To add to this thread:
I also have a few letters for people I care for since I used to travel a lot and it seemed sensible but definitely morbid
When I was a child I used to write letters to my cousin who died from meningitis then Iā€™d leave them under my pillow since I thought that was how the mail service to Heaven worked (is this morbid idk?)
When someone is murdered in shows I watch I frequently think that same thing is going to happen to me
Since I will younger Iā€™ve had a will for my Harry Potter paraphernalia, nothing else just my HP stuff

#8 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:51 AM

Advance care planning is really important. In fact, Medicare incentivizes doctors to the tune of an extra $100 per visit (once a year) to talk with their patients about their code status (do not resuscitate/intimate) and I think that is healthy. I don't think obsessing over death is healthy, but a good relationship with it is.

I sometimes watch r/watchpeopledie but there are some that are way too morbid for me to watch. It's hard to stop watching them once you start. And it somehow gives me a much better appreciation for life (especially the life we have in the Us compared to many 3rd world countries).
Also I have a morbid/dark humor. In lots of different ways. Not just The bojack horseman kind.
I can't think of any others off the top of my head

#9 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:07 AM

Actively participate in doe / missing people communities and try to link missing people with doe profiles. Or just unidentified living people in general.

There's a lot morbid about this. 

I can't personally claim any matches yet that I found myself. But one day maybe I'll help a family have closure. 

#10 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

Ummmm shit. I'm sorry. Also is this a bad time to tell you I am Robert Saunders?

(Can someone Insert head exploding gif that I canā€™t do because Iā€™m on my phone)

#11 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:11 AM

(Can someone Insert head exploding gif that I canā€™t do because Iā€™m on my phone)

giphy.gif

#12 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

giphy.gif

Perfect thank you kind sir

#13 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:03 PM

This is a topic to discuss morbid things not baptize Coops with more pity that she never asked for.

Advanced planning is a really smart thing to do. My Dad is fifty and has his entire funeral already planned out and paid for. A lot of people leave their love ones in great distress when theyā€™re gone because of no planning. Obviously not everyone has the opportunity or forethought for this.

To add to this thread:
I also have a few letters for people I care for since I used to travel a lot and it seemed sensible but definitely morbid
When I was a child I used to write letters to my cousin who died from meningitis then Iā€™d leave them under my pillow since I thought that was how the mail service to Heaven worked (is this morbid idk?)
When someone is murdered in shows I watch I frequently think that same thing is going to happen to me
Since I will younger Iā€™ve had a will for my Harry Potter paraphernalia, nothing else just my HP stuff

Ooh, I should plan my funeral lol. What would your funeral be like if you were to plan it?

That's pretty morbid but not really unusual for kids I don't think, especially kids coping with a loss. Did the letters ever disappear from under your pillow?

Advance care planning is really important. In fact, Medicare incentivizes doctors to the tune of an extra $100 per visit (once a year) to talk with their patients about their code status (do not resuscitate/intimate) and I think that is healthy. I don't think obsessing over death is healthy, but a good relationship with it is.

I sometimes watch r/watchpeopledie but there are some that are way too morbid for me to watch. It's hard to stop watching them once you start. And it somehow gives me a much better appreciation for life (especially the life we have in the Us compared to many 3rd world countries).
Also I have a morbid/dark humor. In lots of different ways. Not just The bojack horseman kind.
I can't think of any others off the top of my head

It really is important. I've had an advanced directive since my first brain surgery. And I've written out my expectations for care and death. Honestly, as soon as someone turns 18, they should have those legal documents prepared imo. You never know when you could get hit by a bus, y'know? And then your family can't squabble about medical decisions and stuff, if you've expressed your wishes. I know it's hard for healthy people to consider all that sometimes but it's really important. The stress that comes from trying to make medical decisions or honoring the wishes of the person is a lot and advanced preparation really takes a lot of that particular stress out of the equation. Plus it's easier for doctors to do their job.

Actively participate in doe / missing people communities and try to link missing people with doe profiles. Or just unidentified living people in general.

There's a lot morbid about this. 

I can't personally claim any matches yet that I found myself. But one day maybe I'll help a family have closure. 

I don't think that's really morbid though, at least, not in my opinion. I think it's kind of a neat way to spend your time.

I don't think I mentioned it but I'm in a bunch of murder groups that discuss murderers, serial killers, etc. I watch lots of murder documentaries. I wouldn't say that's necessarily morbid though. It's a pretty common hobby lol.

#14 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

Everyone should have a will. I should have wrote that in my last post and Iā€™m not sure if anyoneā€™s mentioned it yet. People find it morbid but itā€™s necessity if you have anything to your name. You can also put funeral wishes in your will, Iā€™ve seen people put specific songs they want played at their funeral in their will.

#15 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 02:52 PM

Everyone should have a will. I should have wrote that in my last post and Iā€™m not sure if anyoneā€™s mentioned it yet. People find it morbid but itā€™s necessity if you have anything to your name. You can also put funeral wishes in your will, Iā€™ve seen people put specific songs they want played at their funeral in their will.

Ayyy. This. My death letters are a part of my will.

#16 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

Okay? My desire to leave something loving and positive behind for the people I love has literally zero impact on you. 

I've just never had to confront death like that. It isn't an everyday reality for me. 
I don't live in chronic pain, I don't have to be meticulous with my medication and I don't have to visit doctors unless I'm super sick.

I didn't mean it to offend you. Your post made me feel sad for you. I don't pity you at all (I'm sure that'd piss you off more) but I don't know how else to express the sentiment you make me feel.

It's just sadness.

yuO2mkc.gif

I'm an anthropology major with a focus on forensics.

I love reading autopsy/postmortem reports. I love checking out the morgue in DTLA. It's a cool place.

#17 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

I've just never had to confront death like that. It isn't an everyday reality for me. 
I don't live in chronic pain, I don't have to be meticulous with my medication and I don't have to visit doctors unless I'm super sick.

I didn't mean it to offend you. Your post made me feel sad for you. I don't pity you at all (I'm sure that'd piss you off more) but I don't know how else to express the sentiment you make me feel.

It's just sadness.

yuO2mkc.gif

I'm an anthropology major with a focus on forensics.

I love reading autopsy/postmortem reports. I love checking out the morgue in DTLA. It's a cool place.

Thank you for clarifying. I don't really view it as sad, so you definitely shouldn't, if you can. It's just part of life. Some people are sick sooner than others. Some people deal with it longer. It's just how it is.

#18 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:33 PM

Does forensic entomology count as morbid? that's another hobby of mine. 

#19 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:59 AM

I write in books for my kids that I think they'd like and stick them back on the shelf with the date. They've found a couple of them, then others are in adult books they'll find later. I do the same on the backs of pictures in photos albums. And I spend an obscene amount of time planning what I want done with my body when I die.

Have you ever read the book Like the Red Panda? I relate a lot to the girl in there.

#20 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:34 PM

Think about death has literally 0 impact in my life since I've been on depression for almost 15 years and I think about dying 24/7. Maybe the morbidest thing is that right now my grandmother's ashes are in my bedroom, because we still need to decide what to do with them. My plan is planting with a tree.

#21 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:38 PM

I write in books for my kids that I think they'd like and stick them back on the shelf with the date. They've found a couple of them, then others are in adult books they'll find later. I do the same on the backs of pictures in photos albums. And I spend an obscene amount of time planning what I want done with my body when I die.

Have you ever read the book Like the Red Panda? I relate a lot to the girl in there.

Okay writing in the books is seriously such an incredible idea. I am gonna do that if I ever have a kid.  What kinds of messages do you leave in books?

I haven't read that book, no, but I'll check it out.

Think about death has literally 0 impact in my life since I've been on depression for almost 15 years and I think about dying 24/7. Maybe the morbidest thing is that right now my grandmother's ashes are in my bedroom, because we still need to decide what to do with them. My plan is planting with a tree.

The tree planting idea is pretty awesome. I had considered doing that as well but I will probably donate my body to science. 

#22 Jibrille

Jibrille
  • 462 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

The tree planting idea is pretty awesome. I had considered doing that as well but I will probably donate my body to science. 

After studying anatomy at my university I gave up that idea because people are seriously non sense with bodies, but you can choose what to do with your body, where to donate. I plan on donating my organs, sking, hair, bones, everything that can help somebody else

#23 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

After studying anatomy at my university I gave up that idea because people are seriously non sense with bodies, but you can choose what to do with your body, where to donate. I plan on donating my organs, sking, hair, bones, everything that can help somebody else

I didn't consider that. If I could choose, I'd actually have mine go to a body farm honestly. I can't donate my organs or anything which is why I have always wanted to get put in a body farm to be studied as I decompose.

#24 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

Iā€™ve watched my fair share of morbid and disgusting things on Liveleak.com. Commonly viewed videos include: beheadings, watching people get burned alive, eyeballs being gouged out, etc. I really enjoy watching people do stupid shit on motorcycles and perish as a result; play stupid games win stupid prizes.

#25 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:49 PM

Okay writing in the books is seriously such an incredible idea. I am gonna do that if I ever have a kid.  What kinds of messages do you leave in books?

I haven't read that book, no, but I'll check it out.

Sadly this does happen sometimes. You can choose to donate it to a medical school instead. Med students aren't perfect either, but probably more respectful than undergraduates. I do appreciate people who donate their bodies to science. Since the average med school requires 1 body for every 4 students for dissection lab, and with our school it is only those 4 students working on the body the entire year. I am definitely an organ donor but haven't given much other thought to what happens to my body after I day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users