Quantcast

Photo

Phobias

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

I don't think I've seen all of them, but they were definitely aware they narrowly escaped death in the first two - plane crash and highway accident. It's gotta be multi-person affair, I think, otherwise Death just ain't that bothered by it.

I sweat profusely every time we drive behind a log truck. 

#27 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

Heh, I give them plenty of space too :p And poorly loaded pickups etc. It's really just good sense, imo.

#28 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

Oh man I can't believe I forgot this, considering logging is huge here and I see log trucks almost daily. I was beyond terrified to be behind one when that Final Destination came out. I would zoom past any truck if I could. Driving behind one still gives me a bit of anxiety but not nearly as bad as years ago. I mostly just back waaay off now and pass when I can. 

#29 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

I'm a zoom arounder or way back follower. I read a book when I was little where the kid's family died from all the hay from a hay truck falling on the car and I've never been able to forget it

#30 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:55 AM

I've got thalassophobia too. Had soooo many nightmares growing up of the deep sea and all the algae and weirdly big creatures in it. I hate being in water where I can't touch or see the bottom. Also being in big/deep swimming pools, where the blue is too big. Whales are bad too. Dolphins and sharks are alright, but no thank you to whales. Had several nightmares where I'd be swimming normally in the ocean, then suddenly my view would zoom miles and miles down onto a whale's eye. 

There was this trend on Vine when it was still active where people would film small waves in the sunset building up and crashing over the camera. So many comments were all "Aaah this is so soothing!" NNNNNNNNO. 

Writing all this made me go

COyz_9nWsAAfs25.jpg

Edited by Salade, 13 July 2018 - 06:55 AM.

#31 Sylphe

Sylphe
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

Balloons give me serious anxiety. I don't keep them around either

Aw I'm glad I'm not alone here

#32 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

Final Destination fucked me up lol I constantly fear "freak accidents

Same. Because let’s be real, I’m not dying of old age in my bed peacefully. I’m gonna be squished to death by a fuckin elephant or accidentally chopped in half with a samurai sword.

#33 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:49 PM

I have a mild thalassophobia.

I've got thalassophobia too

Have either of you ever visited /r/thalassophobia? It may be a trigger, so a warning there, but a lot of their content keeps reaching the Reddit front page.

#34 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:14 PM

Is my ex-boyfriend a phobia?

#35 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

Is my ex-boyfriend a phobia?

I think they call that fear of fucking up the progress you've made.

#36 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:41 PM

Have either of you ever visited /r/thalassophobia? It may be a trigger, so a warning there, but a lot of their content keeps reaching the Reddit front page.

Yes, and I regretted it. Funny that it's such a big community, I always thought my phobia was weird :/

#37 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

Yes, and I regretted it. Funny that it's such a big community, I always thought my phobia was weird :/

I guess some people (like me, actually lol) think all these crazy ocean views are really interesting, instead of it just being a fear. I mean, I definitely would feel uneasy or even terrified around most of the stuff posted, but it's still so cool to me.

#38 DogeWow

DogeWow
  • Banned from trading. Do not trade with this member!

• 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:24 AM

I have phobia of spiders. The bigger ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)