abrosia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2018 - 06:42 PM

I've read through several wonderful threads explaining how to write your own lists of RS items for Abrosia in specific shops, which is especially helpful for not-yet-Advanced members. While I was reading through all of the helpful threads, I seem to recall there was a post where someone had mentioned you can do more then just list the item name and use wildcards - you can also set the max price you want to buy for and the max quantity you want, and maybe other options too?
I was reading so much my memory is a bit sketchy. I didn't bookmark the post, and I'm searching but not coming up with anything.

I seem to recall the format was something like:

Item Name | Max Price to Pay | Quantity you want to buy

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, can you either point me to the post/guide on formatting a list with more then just the item name, or can you share what the format is for additional options beyond the item name?

Thank you in advance.

#2 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

I just went through the code to try and refresh myself on what you are referring too - but I cannot actually find anything referencing to what you are mentioning. @ShadowLink64 has a bit more context on this program and might be able to help you out a bit more :)

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:57 PM

I believe you may be referring to the Valorsuite autobuyer, which does support those features. As far as I know, Abrosia doesn't support that.

I did find something in an old guide from 2011 that said this about Abrosia wildcards. Though nothing about putting price and quantity in the list:

* Morphing Potion

If you put an asterisk and a space, *, next to the morphing potion item, it makes a wildcard and it'll just buy anything with the words "morphing potion" in it. 

http://www.neocodex....list +wildcards

There's a post from '11 as well from Waser

You could just put * Morphing Potion and it should buy all morphing potions.

#4 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2018 - 12:40 PM

Oh, there's two different auto buyer programs.
*facepalm*
I didn't understand that. Thank you for clarifying.

I've been trying to make my own lists for Ambrosia because the first thing it ever bought, it told me I should be making 9000+ nps on, when in actuality on the shop wiz I was losing -1300 over what I bought it for. So I decided I was going to try writing my own lists.

So, Ambrosia only supports wildcards, and Valorsuite supports wildcard, max price to pay, and quantity. 
I will read up on Valorsuite, and keep in mind I can format lists differently there.

I appreciate all your help. Thank you to all who helped me understand.

Edit to add: +rep to all who helped
(sorry, just read I should write that)

Edited by Purrina, 07 September 2018 - 03:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users