abrosia help

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kia512

kia512
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:03 AM

This is making me quite paranoid and frankly getting very very irriated because

1) it looks sketchy like who would log themselves in and out continuously?

2) I've quit the program as best as I could and its just making me paranoid that someone is able to remotely log in (because I've seen the nps on hand change according to abrosia so I'm 100% certain it's the culprit

Please help with the issue. I've read an earlier thread that seems to face the same problem and I did what someone suggested i.e. instead of just stopping abrosia, I not only logged out but Alt F4 Abrosia, then went ahead to close the Neocodex manager as well.

Went to bathe, came back and wtf I was logged out again?! Oh boy this is making my first AB experience hell :(

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:41 AM

Uninstall the manager completely and then do a clean reinstall. Also, check the task manager/activity monitor to see if the manager is listed there, and kill it from the task manager/activity monitor. 

#3 kia512

kia512
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

Okay so I changed my password and got an error from Abrosia so it turns out I didn't actually leave the program?

Sry if the question is dumb still pretty unfamiliar with this..

Do i have to click on Remove in the main neocodex progam manager everytime to logout and close Abrosia fully?

OR all I need to do is exit the program manager? (the File -> Exit)

Okay so I changed my password and got an error from Abrosia so it turns out I didn't actually leave the program?

Sry if the question is dumb still pretty unfamiliar with this..

Do i have to click on Remove in the main neocodex progam manager everytime to logout and close Abrosia fully?

OR all I need to do is exit the program manager? (the File -> Exit)

Woops didn't see that, well actually it's pretty odd everytime I minimize the manager when I try to open it again I get a prompt from my system for the admin password...

currently I've removed everything but the manager...I still see 2 " Automatically launches tools fro..." in my task manager with the NC app icon and I've no idea whys that

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2018 - 07:51 AM

No, you don't need to hit remove, that's not what I meant by uninstall the manager.

This is what I meant:

Windows directions: https://www.bleeping...ram-in-windows/

Mac: 

1. Exit all programs.
  2. Open the Applications folder, which you'll find by clicking on the hard disk icon.
  3. Drag to the trash the icon of the program you want to uninstall.
  4. Empty the trash.

Then redownload and reinstall the manager.

As for exiting the manager:

When you completely shut down the manager, exiting/quitting it, check the Task Manager/Activity Monitor.

Task Manager (windows): https://turbofuture....Manager-on-a-PC

Activity Monitor (Mac): https://support.appl.../en-us/HT201464

If the program manager is still listed under the active processes, it hasn't quit completely. Select it in the list, and then kill/quit it from the task manager/activity monitor window.

I'm not sure why it's asking for an admin password or it's still showing auto launch tools:

@Pyro699

#5 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:34 AM

There are a few things that can cause you to log out. But before i write up my post i wanted to give you a little bit of reassurance that logging in over and over again is not always a flag for concern. I remember one time, before my codex days, having a script that broke and ended up logging me in every 15 seconds and left that running over night... Nothing happened as a result...

Anyways, here are some things to try and make sure you do to avoid being logged out:
1) Preform the clean install as @KaibaSama has stated
2) While the program manager is running, do not log into your neopets account through the browser - at all, even for a single page refresh.
3) Keep the settings to a reasonable time delay

As for the admin password thing, I have absolutely no clue why that could happen. The only "Administrative" permissions that the program requires, is the ability to write to the folder the executable lives in.
I am not sure what your anti-virus is, or what types of other software you have running on your machine but there may be some conflicts... It might help if you post your operating system and what other programs you may have running. Also, is this your personal computer? Work computer? School?

I am sorry that your experience isn't what you had hoped - but hopefully we can help figure it out :)

#6 kia512

kia512
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:56 PM

Thank you for the replies, havent had the time to reinstall the manager but will probably do that later

I think initally it was ok ( i logged into browser at the same time, but didn't use it while I was running abrosia), except that aft i tried to stop it and then proceeded to use my browser the login & outs happened. The settings were ok (like the logins happened at I'm guessing a 10-30min kinda thing)

I'm not using any anti virus, except this is a standard user account, ok when it prompts for admin password I'm actually asked:

Do you want to allow this app from unknown publisher to make changes to your computer?

pre_loader.exe

This is my personal computer, using Windows 10 Home Version 1803 64bit

not running anything else other than 50 chrome tabs lol

#7 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:50 PM

It doesn't matter what you do. If you go to the neopets website at all while using the PM you run the risk of logging out. Think of it like this - you can only log into one of these instances at a time... You either get to log into the Program Manager, or you can log into the main neopets webpage.... But never both at the same time... if you ever log into one, you invalidate the login of the other...
"pre_loader.exe" is the program manager - it is the name of the process that is very bare bones and makes sure the program files you use are properly up to date with the ones we are supplying

Hopefully that helps a little.

#8 kia512

kia512
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:22 AM

yeah I know about the one instance thing so I never login at the same time i.e. I make sure I stop abrosia before I go about my business in the browser, but then I realised it seems like I can never stop abrosia properly so thats the crux of the matter really :( So I will have to close the entire manager every time to stop abrosia completely am i understanding that correctly? Will try a complete re-installation now first *fingers crossed*

#9 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:16 PM

Yes, you have to close the entire manager to stop getting logged out.

This. Exactly this.

#10 kia512

kia512
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

Thanks all, seems like issue is resolved after I reinstalled, and stopped the auto login of the manager I think that's why closing the manager works properly nowhypocrite.gif  

#11 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:36 PM

Glad to hear it! Let us know how it all goes :)

#12 kia512

kia512
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:04 PM

It worked great and I've had some pretty impressive buys :) just got a 1.5m faerie doll tooair_kiss.gif

#13 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:05 PM

Glad to hear it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users