flagged frozen iced

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:44 PM

I understand what a frozen/iced account is, but I've heard the term "flagged" used several times in different topics now. Even after doing a search and reading a bit, I've not found a clear answer as to what flagged means.

First, I guess I'm not quite sure what "flagged" even means.
It sounds like it means these "flagged" accounts are put in a special category where they are watched more closely, but the account is not disabled and users can still play - is that right?

If you are flagged, do you get some kind of notice (like a warning) when you get flagged? Is it silent, so you don't know? Or it it the usual TNT sadorandom method of ~ maybe we'll tell you, maybe not ~ ?

If one account is banned (for whatever reason), are all accounts on the same IP "flagged" because of this?

Thank you in advance for explaining and clarifying.

#2 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:28 PM

Thank you for clarifying my questions @ortin

After reading your replies, I do have one more though - once accounts are flagged, is it forever? or are there set time periods based on why the flag was added in the first place? or are we back to TNT's sado-randomness?

Thank you in advance for explaining.

#3 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:23 PM

The only reason we know that accounts get "flagged" is because of a database dump of some neopets tables that happened many years ago. There has never been a statement from neopets stating they flag accounts

#4 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

Once an IP address is flagged theoretically TNT could keep it flagged forever. Better to assume so than not.

I'm not really sure if this IP is flagged, but it's probably better to err on the side of caution and guess yes, this IP might be flagged.

We've had 1 account (husband's) get disabled almost 2 years ago. His side account was not disabled. He filed tickets and updated them for several months, but he never got an answer why his account was disabled. (I'm guessing an inappropriate pet name?) He eventually gave up trying to get his account back.

Some routers have dynamic IPs which help prevent a single IP address from getting flagged.

Our Home IP is static (not by our choice), it generally only changes IP when the router breaks and the provider has to replace it.

The only reason we know that accounts get "flagged" is because of a database dump of some neopets tables that happened many years ago. There has never been a statement from neopets stating they flag accounts

Thank you for the info. I remember hearing about that, and according to HaveIBeenPwned, we have 2 account email/info was included in that data breach.

... Y'know, it's actually really sad to think I'd get farther trying to find out an account's "flagged" status from a stolen database then from their "customer support" *sighs*

Thank you both for the info, I appreciate your help.
+rep

#5 Renoy

Renoy
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:41 AM

Our Home IP is static (not by our choice), it generally only changes IP when the router breaks and the provider has to replace it.

Some router software lets you manually edit the MAC address of your router, you may be able to change that and unplug for a few minutes to hopefully reset your IP.

#6 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:24 AM

Some router software lets you manually edit the MAC address of your router, you may be able to change that and unplug for a few minutes to hopefully reset your IP.

Hi Renoy!

I know that removing the power from the router doesn't reset the IP. Even when the router is off power for hours (either by unplugging it or by lack of power from thunderstorm, trees falling on lines, etc) it connects back to the same IP. :(

You mentioned router software might let you reset the IP address - did you mean to look within the router software that it comes with the router to configure it - or like a 3rd party router app?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flagged, frozen, iced

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users