Quantcast

Canada is about to be LIT

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:55 PM

The big day is 6 days away and I've been feeling really excited and anxious about it. Legalization promises to bring jobs, money, relief, and lots of munchies to our beautiful nation. The shops near me open for online ordering at 12:01AM on Oct 17 and for in-store purchasing around 7AM iirc. I'm pretty excited but I have heard rumours that the security in said shops is going to make the experience of enjoying buying Cannabis products near impossible. Like only allowing 5 customers in at a time, through various security stops, and having an employee with you for the entire time you're in the shop. These regulations will vary by province, so keep in mind this is just what I heard about NB. 

As someone with social anxiety I just can't see myself enjoying the in-store experience if it really turns out to be as wild as the rumours say. I'll probably have to settle for online ordering which will take up to 48 hours. :/ 

Any other Canadians excited? Any of you not excited? Anyone from other countries jealous? Talk to me.

#2 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:21 PM

I know security here in the states that allow pot (at least Oregon) is just that not all accept cards, and you have to show ID. There's a little reception area usually before you get in where you show your ID before they let you in the actual shop area. 

With that anxiety though, can you order online or would you prefer not to? Because if that's the security rumor, it might be better.

Even if it's 48 hours, at least your anxiety will be ok. 

Although having someone with you the whole  time may just translate into just always having a good number of employees in the shops to watch the customers, rather than having someone stick to your side constantly. Regulations may lax as everything gets settled. 

I wish we'd legalize it here in the US. It does so much good for the medical field and isn't really that harmful. All I know is because hemp can be used to make paper, the paper/timber companies got pissed they'd lose money and started smearing it and buying off our politicians to ban it. At least I think that's what happened. 

#4 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:56 PM

I live in BC and weed is just .. everywhere. No idea what’s going to happen with how it’s being sold here but my understanding is that it’ll be walking into a liquor store and buying it the same as alcohol. We currently have dispensaries on every other block anyways now that you just walk into and buy shit. So I assume it’ll be the same now but without having to tell them you need it for a ‘headache’. There are no crazy security guards or anything of that nature here. It’s as simple as walking in and buying what you want. Not sure why your province is so strict.

#5 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

I live in BC and weed is just .. everywhere. No idea what’s going to happen with how it’s being sold here but my understanding is that it’ll be walking into a liquor store and buying it the same as alcohol. We currently have dispensaries on every other block anyways now that you just walk into and buy shit. So I assume it’ll be the same now but without having to tell them you need it for a ‘headache’. There are no crazy security guards or anything of that nature here. It’s as simple as walking in and buying what you want. Not sure why your province is so strict.

I think because NB is like the bible belt of Canada and behind the times on everything. (Like closing down it's only abortion clinic). 
We will have lots of shops called Cannabis NB and a huge selection, we will be able to grow and smoke in our yards and stuff. Once the shops open I'll let you know how strict the security really ends up being lol

I know security here in the states that allow pot (at least Oregon) is just that not all accept cards, and you have to show ID. There's a little reception area usually before you get in where you show your ID before they let you in the actual shop area. 

With that anxiety though, can you order online or would you prefer not to? Because if that's the security rumor, it might be better.

Even if it's 48 hours, at least your anxiety will be ok. 

Although having someone with you the whole  time may just translate into just always having a good number of employees in the shops to watch the customers, rather than having someone stick to your side constantly. Regulations may lax as everything gets settled. 

I wish we'd legalize it here in the US. It does so much good for the medical field and isn't really that harmful. All I know is because hemp can be used to make paper, the paper/timber companies got pissed they'd lose money and started smearing it and buying off our politicians to ban it. At least I think that's what happened. 

I probably will order online often enough. :p 

#6 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:35 AM

I wish they would do the same here in the UK not that I am into that stuff anymore but I feel the health benifits alone should be enough to make it legal.

#7 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

I wish they would do the same here in the UK not that I am into that stuff anymore but I feel the health benifits alone should be enough to make it legal.

There have been a lot of strides in a number of European countries, the UK included. A lot of the medical legalization that's already occurred over there were the first steps that happened here as well. I think we'll see this a lot like dominos :)

I'm excited for my friends since we're allowed private dispensaries in my province so it'll be great to see what they have been planning and support their businesses but I'll most likely still order medically the majority of my stuff. I do love a good shopping experience every once in a while though.

Also, I'm going to a legalization party that an LP is putting on and it is literally going to be LIT.

#8 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

I think because NB is like the bible belt of Canada and behind the times on everything. (Like closing down it's only abortion clinic).
We will have lots of shops called Cannabis NB and a huge selection, we will be able to grow and smoke in our yards and stuff. Once the shops open I'll let you know how strict the security really ends up being lol

I probably will order online often enough. :p

Ah yeah sounds pretty similar. I agree that I wouldn’t find the experience very welcoming if there was a bunch of security.

#9 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

Ah yeah sounds pretty similar. I agree that I wouldn’t find the experience very welcoming if there was a bunch of security.

The website launched if you want to check it out and compare it to how things operate there:
https://www.cannabis-nb.com

#10 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:58 PM

The website launched if you want to check it out and compare it to how things operate there:

The NB website looks good, prices are crazy to me and I really hope there is the potential one day for lower pricing with more and more competition potentially one day. 15$ for a gram of certain strains is crazy.

I know British Columbia won't allow sales in stores that also sell liquor or tobacco. They'll also have private owned, government owned and online sales as well. 

Do you think NB would ever allow private weed sales? Has that ever been a push with regards to liquor? Where do you guys buy cigarettes? 

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:03 PM

The NB website looks good, prices are crazy to me and I really hope there is the potential one day for lower pricing with more and more competition potentially one day. 15$ for a gram of certain strains is crazy.

I know British Columbia won't allow sales in stores that also sell liquor or tobacco. They'll also have private owned, government owned and online sales as well. 

Do you think NB would ever allow private weed sales? Has that ever been a push with regards to liquor? Where do you guys buy cigarettes? 

We can buy tobacco at almost any convenience store and Liquor is sold at NB liquor. Some convenience stores sell alcohol but not many. Price wise this isn't much different than the prices at medical dispensaries here which are usually $10+ a gram. I'm honestly not fussed about the price lol 

#12 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:23 PM

We can buy tobacco at almost any convenience store and Liquor is sold at NB liquor. Some convenience stores sell alcohol but not many. Price wise this isn't much different than the prices at medical dispensaries here which are usually $10+ a gram. I'm honestly not fussed about the price lol 

Whoa I had no idea convenience stores could sell liquor that... that's so cool *_* 

I'm always so intrigued what changes province to province

I heard mumblings that Quebec might try to raise the legal age to 21 for weed not sure if it's true or not 

#13 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

Whoa I had no idea convenience stores could sell liquor that... that's so cool *_* 

I'm always so intrigued what changes province to province

I heard mumblings that Quebec might try to raise the legal age to 21 for weed not sure if it's true or not 

My brother's gf is from Quebec and she said they've been really resistant to the whole thing lol Not shocking, though.

And yeah the changes by province are always weird, I remember being so excited to go to AB to be able to drink when I was 18, since the legal age here is 19 :/ lol 

#14 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:07 PM

I have no idea how much weed goes for or anything about it but it looks pretty cool. It’s nice that you can read about what you’re buying rather than get it from some dude off the street who doesn’t know anything.

#15 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

I'm unbelievably jealous. I feel edibles would 100% increase my quality of life and help manage my chronic pain and dysautonomia-related anxiety. The US is such a garbage shit show though so I don't imagine we will catch up any time soon. My state barely even does medicinal cannabis which is hella disappointing.

#16 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:25 AM

I have no idea how much weed goes for or anything about it but it looks pretty cool. It’s nice that you can read about what you’re buying rather than get it from some dude off the street who doesn’t know anything.

That's how I feel about it too, I've been smoking for years and had no idea what terpenes were lol It was always just "hybrid, sativa, or indica". It's neat that there's even more ways to customize your experience to your needs. 

I'm unbelievably jealous. I feel edibles would 100% increase my quality of life and help manage my chronic pain and dysautonomia-related anxiety. The US is such a garbage shit show though so I don't imagine we will catch up any time soon. My state barely even does medicinal cannabis which is hella disappointing.

Edibles are still illegal here unfortunately but access to them is going to be much easier.

#17 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:16 AM

Lowest $/g in Alberta is 9.24, and that goes pretty fast. Even in 'bulk' the price hovers at around $10/g. Never in my life have I ever paid that much for weed, if I were ever to start using weed again I'm not sure that I'd buy it at those prices from a vendor.

#18 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

Lowest $/g in Alberta is 9.24, and that goes pretty fast. Even in 'bulk' the price hovers at around $10/g. Never in my life have I ever paid that much for weed, if I were ever to start using weed again I'm not sure that I'd buy it at those prices from a vendor.

Yeah the lowest strain here is 8.99. :/ 

#19 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:57 AM

Grow your own friend! 

:) 

#20 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

Grow your own friend! 

:)

The allure of weed has passed for me. I love cooking so now all I grow are basil, thyme, and parsley :p

#21 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:11 AM

Weed is trash and dumb to smoke. Smh my head

#22 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 21 October 2018 - 05:26 AM

The vote for rec use is coming up in my state.

Lets hope we follow Canada's example.

#23 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:45 AM

The vote for rec use is coming up in my state.

Lets hope we follow Canada's example.

I hope so! 

Weed is trash and dumb to smoke. Smh my head

ur are just jealous 

#24 Silver

Silver
  • poppycock.

• 1041 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:49 AM

As a + in one column, it definitely helps put up with the dumber members of society.

#25 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

As a + in one column, it definitely helps put up with the dumber members of society.

Touché lol and HELLO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users