• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:30 AM

Like the title says, what is the best trip you have been on/taken? This is not of the drug variety, though I'm sure ya'll have been on some good ones.

Was it a relaxing holiday? A wild adventure? Were you out of your element? 

It can be near to your house, maybe a campsite you really love. It can be worlds away (maybe you're Elon Musk idfk). Maybe you checked something off of your bucket list and I want to hear about it!! 

For me, I think it would have to be Hawaii. I spent a couple of weeks there and it was extra special since it was my Dad's dream vacation so for his 50th birthday, I bought him a plane ticket. On top of that, I got to see the milky way in plain sight and it literally made me cry. I had seen photos online that are way over processed and realized I'd likely never see it and be able to appreciate it but there it was. Also I ate a lot of shaved ice and it was relaxing AF. 

#2 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:20 PM

I road tripped to a village in the Rocky Mountains called New Denver with a few friends. One friend was originally from there so his family had a house we stayed at. We went tubing, cliff diving, and did other random stuff in the lake nearby. On the last day we were hanging out on a gravel beach late at night looking up at the stars and listening the waves. The whole area was really quiet and peaceful. We had actually gone a few years prior as well, and the previous time we went we bought like an ounce of the strongest weed I've ever had in my life.  

#3 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:49 PM

I enjoyed going to Rhome very much for the culture and food.  Only part I would nto do again was the Vatican, I struggled seeing all that wealth in one location knowing that people where suffering elsewhere.

#4 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:47 AM

The hard rock hotel in orlando was pretty fucking sweet.

I got to go to the orlando nick studio while it was still open on the same trip. (this was somewhere between 99-01 idr the exact date.)

I'd call that a win.

#5 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:37 AM

One time I puked up a chicken breast when I was high and listening to lamb of god.

OH...not drugs.

The best trip I've ever taken happened multiple times when I was younger. My grandparents owned a cabin on the shore of Lake Emily in Wisconsin. The nearest town was 20 minutes away, and we had an extremely clean lake to run around without any shoes on -- great memories as a kid.

Side note: Today my parents and my sister sprinkled my grandparents ashes together near Lake Emily.

#6 Sizzle1998

Sizzle1998
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:40 PM

Acid definitely

#7 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:24 AM

Acid definitely

Did you read the post?

I'm sure acid was great for you but that's not what I'm looking for here lol

#8 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:17 AM

Heroin 4 me.

Seriously though. It probably was the trip to Bangladesh I went on with a bunch of friends from school.

It was just 3 weeks long but what an eye opener. In some ways I still miss it. I thought it was just me (or escapism - everytime I got despondent about work life I ended up thinking of Bangladesh) but some others have picked up my longing of it when the topic comes to that. So maybe there's something there and I should plan a trip back someday.

Second would be a trip to New Zealand with family. When I was younger and before uni we would go on vacation as a family like twice a year. This one was one of the most relaxing and picturesque honestly. Was really a good vacation that just allowed me to relax, unwind, and enjoy the amazing scenery. Then again, I was pretty young then - if I went there now I'd probably get some messages from work halfway through or so lol.

#9 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:41 AM

Heroin 4 me.

Seriously though. It probably was the trip to Bangladesh I went on with a bunch of friends from school.

It was just 3 weeks long but what an eye opener. In some ways I still miss it. I thought it was just me (or escapism - everytime I got despondent about work life I ended up thinking of Bangladesh) but some others have picked up my longing of it when the topic comes to that. So maybe there's something there and I should plan a trip back someday.

Second would be a trip to New Zealand with family. When I was younger and before uni we would go on vacation as a family like twice a year. This one was one of the most relaxing and picturesque honestly. Was really a good vacation that just allowed me to relax, unwind, and enjoy the amazing scenery. Then again, I was pretty young then - if I went there now I'd probably get some messages from work halfway through or so lol.

Day dreaming of past trips is a good indicator you should go back, even if it was just a few weeks ago ;) 

#10 Sizzle1998

Sizzle1998
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 02:40 AM

Did you read the post?
I'm sure acid was great for you but that's not what I'm looking for here lol

No I was high

#11 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:11 AM

Definitely when I went to England and Ireland. It was the first time I'd ever travelled internationally for starters and I got to stay in a really beautiful area of London with @Emily

Ireland felt like home, lots of alcohol and happy people all day long. It was pretty spectacular and I can't wait to go back.

#12 Arnie

Arnie
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

I don't travel much, cause i can't.

But the past year I decided to take a master class in another state.

It was a long car travel and i enjoyed the landscapes more than expected, also the city where the class was taking place was beautiful.

The class was a fiasco though xD

#13 Coldplay

Coldplay
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:05 PM

I went to a near beach with my best friend (2 hours or so), it wasn't anything fancy but oh god how much I needed to relax with nice company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users