Quantcast

Photo

How to set up a web proxy using your own internet!

proxy valorsuite web valorsuite router web proxy cello

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 6,123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:43 PM

Setting Up a Web Proxy for Dummies

Finally, after a lot of hair pulling, fruitless Googling, and banging my router against the wall many times, I have finally figured out how to set up my own web proxy using my router! All thanks to @Valorous's edited python script. This process will involve port forwarding. This is especially useful because by using your own internet as a proxy, it will have the same IP address as when you normally browse the web, perfect for cheating on Neopets and ValorSuite Web! On to the guide!

Requirements:
Access to your router's admin login
Digging router settings

Python
Google

Brain?

Step 1: Find your router's and computer's IP address!
To log into your router, you need to first find out your router's IP address! These almost always start with 192.168.X.X, usually being 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. The computer's IP address will also be needed for port forwarding. To know for certain what each of these are, here's an easy guide:

Spoiler

Step 2: Set up Port Forwarding!
This is the hardest part of the guide. Since every router is different, the process may be slightly different. Your best bet is to look up a guide on Google for "(your router's manufacturer) Port Forwarding Guide". You will need to enter a port between 1000-65000. However, I will lay out the gist of it:
Spoiler

Step 3: Set up the Web Proxy (using a python script!)
Easy money.

1. Copy paste the following script (supplied by the awesome @Valorous) and save it as a .py file.
2. Edit the port number in the file (script's default port is 15555)
3. Double click and run the file. 

Spoiler

Step 4: Use your proxy!
Now your web proxy and port forwarding is set up, it's time to use it! First, find your public IP address. To use your proxy, simply type your external IP:Port Forwarded. So, if my public IP address was 69.69.69.69, and my port number forwarded is 42069, then the proxy would look like this:

69.69.69.69:42069

You can enter this into Abrosia or Valorsuite Web, and it will access Neopets through your normal IP address! 

Please let me know if there are any questions. I will add an FAQ soon!

#2 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 926 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:17 PM

Yes!! I will have to try this thanks for the guide

#3 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1,473 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:25 PM

Great guide - a single issue i have: The script that is provided will only work on python2. I would include a very short description of how to install python on the various areas and all that stuff... The script could probably be updated to handle both python2 and python3

#4 ortin

ortin

• 6,123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

Great guide - a single issue i have: The script that is provided will only work on python2. I would include a very short description of how to install python on the various areas and all that stuff... The script could probably be updated to handle both python2 and python3

I believe that Valorous was working on another better script that can also handle authentication. Once he releases it I will update the guide. I am not sure if it will handle both python2 and python3.

#5 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Shut up, Mokuba!

• 5,332 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:00 PM

Too bad I use my schools wifi, so no router access. 

And that geek squad set up my home router and changed the router login and now we can't get in to change things. 

But great for others! Added to the guide directory. 

#6 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:53 AM

Thanks for the tutorial Ortin. I was wondering how safe this script is? Does this mean anyone can use your ip as proxy? Is there any way to make this more secure? Like whitelist only the ValourSuite ip address?

Too bad I use my schools wifi, so no router access. 

And that geek squad set up my home router and changed the router login and now we can't get in to change things. 

But great for others! Added to the guide directory. 

If you have Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) setup on your router, you may not need to. There are programs you can use to open the port.

See: https://www.howtogee...op-application/

Edited by Mai, 18 October 2018 - 04:55 AM.

#7 Perdita

Perdita
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:39 AM

Thanks a lot for this guide (and the script)! This worked. The only "issue" I had is that I wasn't aware that I have to keep the python script running - I thought it was sufficient to run it only once. Your guide is easy to follow.

I was wondering how safe this script is? Does this mean anyone can use your ip as proxy? Is there any way to make this more secure? Like whitelist only the ValourSuite ip address?

My tech-savvy partner said that because the IP changes daily this shouldn't be an issue; he also says that it's difficult to find out which port is used. I would also like to hear other opinions on this though.

#8 ortin

ortin

• 6,123 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for the tutorial Ortin. I was wondering how safe this script is? Does this mean anyone can use your ip as proxy? Is there any way to make this more secure? Like whitelist only the ValourSuite ip address?

If you have Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) setup on your router, you may not need to. There are programs you can use to open the port.

See: https://www.howtogee...op-application/

It depends on your router. For example, my router can easily set which IP address can access the ports. Valorous is working on another script with authentication, which should be more secure.

#9 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4,550 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:14 AM

Directions unclear. Penis stuck in toaster.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: proxy, valorsuite web, valorsuite, router, web proxy, cello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users