Photo

Retired items

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:05 AM

What does a retired item mean? I'm thinking in my head that this means that the item no longer stocks in the main shops and you can't get them in random events, yet there seem to be "retired items" that are like 200 neopoints, can someone explain this?

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:26 AM

The only real rule for retired items is that they can’t be sold in main shops (supposedly).

However r180 items are always being injected into the economy through events like the Advent Calendar gift bags or some paintbrush labeled as r180 being consistently won.

200 np r180 means it’s junk. No matter the rarity, unwanted junk is still unwanted junk.

#3 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:29 PM

I'm gonna buy out all these cheap retired items and inflate them :devil:

#4 sillydodo

sillydodo
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:16 AM

I'm gonna buy out all these cheap retired items and inflate them :devil:

i thought about doing it for the LOLz but even then i'm a tight ass and won't spend the NP. better luck inflating those r101 books from past advent calender's. 

#5 ismail22

ismail22
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

retired items can still be in huge quantities in the game and not very expensive at all

#6 Munsterpet

Munsterpet
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

The issue to consider everyone is - sure retired items are cool, but you only 'profit' when you sell the item. Who would buy whatever item it is you want to buy in huge quantities? If you can't answer that (and do some simple math) best to move along.

#7 AmandaByne

AmandaByne
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

I was wondering this also! I have a ton of retired items in my SDB cause I was super active for like 2 years then nothing for 5-6. 

It definitely reflects that lol.

This was like 2 months ago I guess so I have newer stuff goin on in there. I mostly sell any items I get from dailies right away though.

Most are well yeah junk.

Trying to be smarter about my money tree grabs though. That is super helpful to know because I've been kicking myself for missing those retired items.

I grabbed "Tarla's Coat" the other day and was like JACKPOT only to find that oh it's not worth anything.

Thought maybe it was just that one seeing as it's not wearable for customizing lol. I guess not. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users