Photo

Charity Corner coming soon :D

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sillydodo

sillydodo
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:09 AM

thoughts since apparently not much will be changing and everything will likely be the same as last year almost. 

praying for better prizes at the top and possibly making gold a little bit harder to obtain would be nice as well.

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

I was hoping that they would revert to item prizes again like the R99's as I managed to make a lot of bank on that. Looks like this will not be the case sadly, however, I wouldn't mind being able to acquire some of the retired avatars/site themes that I missed out on years ago, if that were to become a 'perk' of donating.

Looking forward to it either way. Be it for the goodies or the ensuing drama on the boards of people's bitter disappointment, I relish either situation.

#3 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

Looking forward to it either way. Be it for the goodies or the ensuing drama on the boards of people's bitter disappointment, I relish either situation.

Are we not expecting to be rescrewed as we were last time?   How can there be tears for more of the same.  For the bitter tears to rain down upon the salty sea they will have to find a way to up their screwing to a whole new screwed up level.  Screwed cubed.

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:19 PM

Because it seems that every 'event' that TNT hold on the site, no matter how many times people have been disappointed previously, there are those people who still hold high hopes for the next thing to be good. Those are the people who head to the boards crying and whining and I love it.

#5 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:45 AM

I hope they bring back CC Perks, and that they consider adding new ones as well.

Having a retired site avatar or site theme is something I can't RS, so I value it much more then items.

I'm not very good on figuring out what to stock up on though ... any advice?

#6 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:11 AM

I miss the old CC but will still take part as its a good way to get rid of a lot of junk and use up some of my neo time.  On a plus note there will be more users online which will me shops might actually stock items for a change.

#7 Rynne

Rynne
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:31 AM

It will be nice to be able to participate. I hope there's interesting items this year. I have a bunch of stuff stocked up, since I missed last years. 

#8 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

I did get a nice paint brush from my 1 week of RE's from Jacko the paintbrush phantom.

#9 AmandaByne

AmandaByne
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

I have been hearing about this here and there. Still have no idea what exactly it is?

I was told to save omelettes and jellys however....not sure why lol.

#10 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:13 AM

It used to be a case on donating 5 items with say a R99 rarity would then be awarded with a random R99 item in return.  The CC was used by TNT to remove items from the server on mass and was a great idea for helping get R99s onto the market more for questers.  This in turn helped the economy but in great TNT fashion they changed how it was done and now the CC gives you points for Boons at the end of the event, this in turn would not be to bad if the boons where worth going for but last year not one made my neolife more easy.

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:23 PM

It used to be a case on donating 5 items with say a R99 rarity would then be awarded with a random R99 item in return.  The CC was used by TNT to remove items from the server on mass and was a great idea for helping get R99s onto the market more for questers.  This in turn helped the economy but in great TNT fashion they changed how it was done and now the CC gives you points for Boons at the end of the event, this in turn would not be to bad if the boons where worth going for but last year not one made my neolife more easy.

Those were the days *sigh* I miss the R99 prizes :( made a lot of money from them.

#12 spotify95

spotify95
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

Not been on Neopets for ages but I remembered the Charity Corner of last year; hope they do something similar and also when abouts they are doing it!

I think I missed the first couple of days or so last year, want to get right into it this year :)
Maybe stocking up on some cheap (i.e. 1NP) items now might well pay off :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users