• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2019 - 12:25 PM

Adobe is discontinuing Shockwave Player. What do you think will happen to the games that are shockwave?

My dumb self is hoping they recode the games (with avatars at least) into whatever the new coding system they are using but I know that won't happen. I'm just salty these avatars are finally gonna be retired and my technology is too advanced to use it?

If anyone has any good guides on how to get Shockwave to work by April 9th hmu or post below

#2 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 03:05 AM

I've had good success with using Internet Explorer and an old shockwave version on my Windows PC. Apparently, Shockwave also works quite well on Mac. I think there are a lot of guides out there, but I had to play around with different options in order to get it to work. Some also use an old library computer and such to play the games.

I think there are also people here who offer to get you the avatars on your account. I cannot imagine TNT converting the games to a newer format ... They have been broken for some time now, and I've never heard of anyone being able to play Hannah and the Pirate Caves without a black box. For me, it was nearly impossible to play it without a Youtube walkthrough playing next to the game window because I just couldn't see half of the screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users