Charity Corner 2019: Living with Less

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:37 AM

Charity Corner is back! Thanks TNT I hate it!

perkhubpage.png

For some godforsaken reason, you have to donate this year from your inventory

Open an item

Select the big "I don't need it button"

It's laggy, so wait (if you click it multiple times it's kinda buggy)

Go back to CC hub

Press the lever

wait for a long animation

congrats you get points

Maximum of 10 items per donation, and if you bug it by pressing the button too many times it doesn't let you donate until you remove some items. It's not great

Point amounts:

r1-r79: 1 point
 r80-89: 2 points
 r90-97: 6 points
 r98-r100: 8 points
 r101: 1 point
 r102-r179: 4 points
 r200: 15 points

Leftover points from last year allegedly carry over to this year's Perk Shop. No specifics have been released on that yet though.

charitycorner2019.gif

#2 ScarDefault

ScarDefault
  • 75 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:51 AM

Any perk worth it?...

#3 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:55 AM

Any perk worth it?...

It depends what this is:

Can I Keep It? Grants a beautiful, exclusive item you'll definitely want to keep!
Duration : 1 Time

though that's 2k points and randomly selected out of 10 options, it looks like? not ideal. I miss the stamps.

#4 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:42 AM

Scratch Master

Description: Allows you to buy two scratchcards at once from any of the three Kiosks. Note: The Living with Less 'Scratch Master' perk does not stack with the Skirmish boon of the same name, which leaves you free to choose another boon should you be a member of the winning faction at the Battleground of the Obelisk.

Cost: 1,000 points

Duration: 1 week

Could be handy if going for MSkull

Limited Edition

Description: Allows you to convert any one of your pets into a limited edition species of your choosing. This perk can be applied once.

Cost: 5,000 point

Depends on if you can keep it

But I agree by far the best one is:

Perk Me Up but you only get a 1 in 10 chance of getting Can I Keep It which just suks

#5 Perdita

Perdita
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:26 AM

Could a program be written that makes this easier, or would that be too complicated to do in time? I’ll have to calculate how many points I want, it sounds really annoying to donate.

#6 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:19 AM

Could a program be written that makes this easier, or would that be too complicated to do in time?

There's a TM/GM script for auto-donating out already, also buys HS snowballs to donate.
Available elsewhere (don't think I'm allowed to mention or link)

I’ll have to calculate how many points I want, it sounds really annoying to donate.

I'm doing the same thing. I was so excited for this event, but after seeing the perk shop, I was so ... *meh*

I mean, yay for bank interest boost and unlock a site theme and avatar you need - but WTF was the rest of it?

I'd be really excited if the Food Club thing was for a year - but 5000 points for a week. Is this a mistake? ONE WEEK? GTFU TNT

I really dislike the randomness of "PerkMeUp" - some perks are appealing but really not sure I want to spend 2k points to risk getting something useless to me. and AFAIK it has not been clarified anywhere (yet?) if you can get the perkmeup perks multiple times?

Edited by Purrina, 07 May 2019 - 09:20 AM.

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

We are already living with less quality of life.

It’s to the point a script is a necessity than just pure laziness.

#8 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

The lag is unbearable getting the avatar and that's probably it

#9 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 01:58 PM

I'm doing the same thing. I was so excited for this event, but after seeing the perk shop, I was so ... *meh*

I mean, yay for bank interest boost and unlock a site theme and avatar you need - but WTF was the rest of it?

Site theme this year is 2k for a 1 in 10 chance. Absolutely nuts, considering they gave it for 1 point last year!

They haven't released a list of the avatars associated with the avatar perk this year either. Last year there was only 1 non-obtainable avatar associated, so if they don't change it, it's worthless

#10 Purrina

Purrina
  • 92 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:28 PM

We are already living with less quality of life.

It’s to the point a script is a necessity than just pure laziness.

Oh, you made me laugh with that! So true! 

and I agree, I don't know how I would manage without a script to handle the donations as I am busy "adulting".

Site theme this year is 2k for a 1 in 10 chance. Absolutely nuts, considering they gave it for 1 point last year!

They haven't released a list of the avatars associated with the avatar perk this year either. Last year there was only 1 non-obtainable avatar associated, so if they don't change it, it's worthless

Agreed - I don't like the "random rewards section" either.

I was really excited for the chance to get both genders of the royal korbat avvie, but I don't even know if they will offer that again this year. :(

#11 Valayriah

Valayriah
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

CC is a nightmare, and with the x10 hit method out of commission things aren't looking too good :(

To maintain some sanity, I cobbled together a really sloppy userscript that adds a 'Next Item' button in the item pop-up window.

Doesn't account for missing IDs (such as if you used/moved an item between two IDs), but if you're hauling stuff straight out of your SDB, I believe everything should be in order.

Extremely basic (and can't be bothered to put it on github) so here's the whole code below. Feel free to do whatever with it. Works with Chrome + Tampermonkey, haven't tried others.

The mindless manual labor that CC demands isn't going to change, but hopefully this can help make things just a smidge less bothersome while we hold out desperately for a bulk donation feature

Godspeed to you brave souls

Edit: This works best when you're moving stuff out in-bulk from the SDB!

Item IDs seem to be assigned on the instant that they appear in the inventory, so moving in-bulk from the SDB tends to keep the IDs chronological.

Things that entered the inventory from random events and dailies, or items withdrawn from the SDB during different times may not work as intended. (because the code is super basic haha)

Got this off Reddit

[spoiler]

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Neopets - Lazy Next-Item Button
// @author       A lazy fool
// ==/UserScript==

$("<style type='text/css'>.nextButton, .nextButton:hover { padding: 10px; margin: 5px; background: #bbb; color: #fff; border-radius: 5px; width: 100px; }</style>").appendTo("head");

var url_ID = window.location.search.toString(); // Format: ?obj_id=*
nextItem(url_ID);

function nextItem(url_ID) {
    var str = url_ID;
    var item_ID_Base = str.slice(8);
    var item_ID_Next = item_ID_Base - 1;
    var formatting = "<br><a class='nextButton' href='/iteminfo.phtml?obj_id=" + item_ID_Next + "'>Next Item (" + item_ID_Next + ")</a>";

var container = document.getElementById("iteminfo_select_action");
container.innerHTML += formatting;

[/spoiler]

Edited by Valayriah, 07 May 2019 - 03:00 PM.

#12 NotCheatingAtAll

NotCheatingAtAll
  • 43 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

Valayriah is the homie

#13 Valayriah

Valayriah
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

Valayriah is the homie

Got ya fam!

#14 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Valayriah is my new favourite poster

#15 Valayriah

Valayriah
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:56 AM

Aw thanks guys enjoy!

#16 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

So what is your goal? I wonder if the item will be worth it?  

#17 Valayriah

Valayriah
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:00 PM

I just wanted a damn trophy. I don't really care about anything else.

#18 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

So what is your goal? I wonder if the item will be worth it?  

I'm a gambler with everything that doesn't matter. I just want 2000 points for that random perk... perk. I don't give a shit about most of the perks, I just want the sidebar perk for something good.

#19 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:17 PM

I'm a gambler with everything that doesn't matter. I just want 2000 points for that random perk... perk. I don't give a shit about most of the perks, I just want the sidebar perk for something good.

Yer 2000 points is probably my goal too, although it will depend on whether or not i can find enough items #notahoarder :p 

#20 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:50 PM

TNT have posted about CC:

We will be simplifying the discard system. The update is expected to go live on Monday.

Along with it, we will also increase the number of items that can be donated in one go, from 10 to 15, and we plan to keep increasing it incrementally as long as it doesn't cause too much load on the servers. Mass discard is not an option right now.

'Avatar Goldmine' will give you a 30% increased chance of getting High Roller, Edna – Cackle!, Lever of Doom, and Snowager – Rawr!

Perk Me Up can be bought multiple times.

The FAQs will be updated tomorrow with this info.

#21 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:44 PM

That will help a lot as the moment cant be bothered to do this as to time consuming

#22 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:09 AM

Perk shop faq is up too: http://www.neopets.c...perks/faq.phtml

Looks like the new avatar perk won't do anything for you if you got it last year (it only has 1 unobtainable avatar it gives away, the royal korbat)

Perk me up confirmed for totally random.

Points carryover is crap, something like:

1k  = 360
5k  = 1560
10k = 2560
20k = 3560
50k = 6560
100k= 7060

#23 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:23 AM

help, my brain is tired. I just donated 10x scroll of dark nova and got 10points. they're r99 aren't they? i was expecting more... have i missed something?

#24 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:08 AM

sometimes (often) the amount it says you get is wrong

allegedly it still gets added properly to the total

#25 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:19 AM

yer, i just noticed that the grand total was still "accurate" (/ i didn't count, but it went up by more than 10 lol). TRICKERS! :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users