Why do you still play?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 SuperDuperPuppu

SuperDuperPuppu
  • 148 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:29 PM

This topic appears every so often. Since I haven't seen one yet, I decided to post this.

As for me, I had a 2+/- year hiatus from neopets and just recently returned. I've had premium before and had lots of success with it, so I decided to go advanced again. Since the hiatus, neopets has changed owners so many times that I actually lost track. Each and every single time I come back, the player base dwindles and the site works less and less.

Despite I this, I'm back for the nostalgic factor. Seeing my old neopets and how I named them + wrote in their bio reminded me of my thought process as a kid. As I get older and older, it's definitely great going down memory lane. I can probably remember my family member's abandoned account's username and guild, which was based off Harry Potter. I bet looking it up is going to give me a nostalgia trip.

Seeing neopets go downhill, I'm not expecting new changes or improvement in the site at all. Most of the flash games don't work on my browser anymore. Also, I went to look up a username, and the link didn't work anymore.

Nowadays, I just want to buy and sell stuff, which is the most rewarding aspect of playing neopets for me. "Playing" again without any real goals for the time being. I'm not trying to get a billion NP or get the rarest item.

Anyways, that was a long self-reflection (in a way).

What are YOUR reasons for still playing?

If not playing, then why are you never coming back?

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:37 PM

I don't really 'play', other than start up Abrosia to AB for like 10 hours a day. There's just no creativity, or excitement left in the developers. Most of the content is NC related, and just not something I'm in to. 

#3 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

because im a loser

#4 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:46 AM

I just... man

why do i still play??

#5 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:49 AM

Many reasons but ALL 100 different from when I first started.

The site itself is not to bad but yes it could be better but we are comparing it against how it was and not how a NEW person who has never seen neopets of old would probably not know what everyone was moaning about and say it was a great site and they where having fun.

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:36 AM

I just shove my pets in the Neolodge every 30 days and do some of the events just for items/Ava’s. I’ve decreased my playing as I get more into MMORPGS/MOBAS.

#7 HolyQueen

HolyQueen
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:54 AM

Making my pixels look thicc really gets me going. Raking in all of that faux adoration from middle-aged moms on the NCC scratches a spot only Neopets.com manages to reach. 😩

#8 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:57 PM

cuz i hate myself

aksuihiaknsma

nah its nostalgic really thats it

#9 Daviid

Daviid
  • 73 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:23 AM

Money :D

#10 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:56 AM

I was playing for money but now that I have my career pretty much set now, I don't need or want to do it anymore.

Hallelujah I'm free from the neopets curse.  

#11 bootiesrus

bootiesrus
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 08:22 PM

I think the customization brought me back, I do love this kind of stuff and get hooked on it xO

Also, I think finding that there were several active communities playing Neo outside of the website itself really helped, as I love participating (but hate the neoboards!)

Speaking of Neopets' future.. I also worry about it a bit. I hope they can give more agency to the players somehow.

#12 Kraehe

Kraehe
  • 100 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:10 PM

cuz i hate myself

aksuihiaknsma

nah its nostalgic really thats it

Same. It's the nostalgia that makes me come back to this game. I've been on hiatus for 2 years. I logged in recently. Man, everything has slowed down. I miss this forum being active too. 

#13 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:57 AM

Same. It's the nostalgia that makes me come back to this game. I've been on hiatus for 2 years. I logged in recently. Man, everything has slowed down. I miss this forum being active too. 

yeah i used to go on for the forum and guilds and now it seems theyre all dead..

#14 Badger

Badger
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:21 PM

Having recently become a stay-at-home mum to a youngling, I don't really have much time to sit down and play more involved games these days.

So with that and the nostalgia factor... it's a hobby that I can easily pick up and put down.

#15 saesia

saesia
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:21 PM

nostalgia + the urge to hoard fictional money + the actual ability to reach goals now because i'm not a stupid kid anymore, lol

#16 yip041234

yip041234
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:39 AM

for me just because playing different type of game won't bring me bored, web game - neopets, mobile - dbz and pc - warcraftiii

#17 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:54 PM

For me it's all about helping noobs who don't have access to cheating programs. hypocrite.gif  I used to care about my own stats and how much "other" I could earn but why bother.

#18 bwoke

bwoke
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2019 - 02:04 PM

Recently learned how to play efficiently. With food club and restocking and stuff. I'm not a dumb kid anymore fallin for those trading post scams lol. I still think its fun and all learning how to play "correctly" is still fascinating to me. 

I'm a nostalgia whore too as well. I still play Runescape and Clash of Clans...

#19 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:29 PM

I play to collect stamps cause I'm addicted and to fulfill my childhood nostalgia

#20 amiableish

amiableish
  • 11 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2019 - 12:40 AM

I play because unfortunately I want to complete goals I've always wanted as a kid. I'm going after certain awards and avatars. I'll probably continue until Neo or my main account dies. Whichever comes first.

#21 P1nk

P1nk
  • 5 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2019 - 06:44 AM

All of these same reasons, especially that first one about the gushing middle-aged moms on the NCC. ;)

I would also like to make some money. I got mouths to feed... so why not Neopets, amirite?

#22 jaxter

jaxter
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:00 AM

Nostalgia, really.

A bunch of friends joked about getting back into it. And here we are.

#23 Akari

Akari
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:20 PM

Now I play casual haha 

Sometimes I lose my streak in Trudy's

#24 camellia

camellia
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:56 PM

I just started playing again, it is a good past time and my friend also started playing again. We were discussing neo things back in the day and got all nostalgic and checked if some of our accounts were still active.

#25 elemnt

elemnt
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

Still waiting for KQ return :/  and growing my bank account

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users