Quantcast

Photo

Turning Neopets' fate round, how would you do it?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 ovolteh

ovolteh
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:01 PM

assuming they have limited funds for new code/art/etc., I think relaxing the rules would go a long way. let users connect with their neofriends offsite. let users mention lgbtq topics (it's 2020 for god's sake nobody's gonna have an aneurysm if I say I'm queer). a stronger community usually lasts longer.

they're also definitely missing out on merch sales. it still sells pretty well on ebay; plus I know I've personally spent like...... 70-ish dollars on miscellaneous fan-made merch of neopets IP. their deal with Overpowered fell through, which makes me think they didn't really know what they were doing, but if they'd partnered with someone who actually did, it could definitely be profitable.

#27 n30

n30
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 04:28 PM

acknowledge that there are no people under the age of 13 on their site anymore

#28 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2020 - 01:22 PM

acknowledge that there are no people under the age of 13 on their site anymore

i def know of some parents who play and their kids now play because they did before them

#29 Megiddo

Megiddo
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:02 AM

I would start by employing a good customer support team to fix all those issues first. I'd look towards the Neopets community for old players that actually have an idea about the game to help with what actually needs to be done in order to fix the site.

#30 thefinisher

thefinisher
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:10 AM

mobile app with pet interactions, update site, new events/designs, marketing campaign

#31 n30

n30
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 04:01 PM

i def know of some parents who play and their kids now play because they did before them

to rephrase: no one under the age of 13 whose parents didn't play neopets and introduce it to them are playing neopets

if they fixed the abomination that is their filtering system, that would be a good start. beyond their unreasonably strict rules on talking about other sites ( i just got a warning yesterday for mentioning subeta even in code, meanwhile my subeta profile has a link to my neopets account....so like......take notes) there are so many items that exist on neopets which can't even be typed on the boards, like anything with the word grape, because their filter is so useless

#32 Chic

Chic
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 10:32 PM

In no particular order:

Rehaul games so there's a non-flash version of them. Get rid of the least popular games. Get rid of the blatant gambling.
Rehaul ALL the art. One team of artists does this; push for a consistent style. Have a training program in place to get new blood drawing in that style if they don't already do this. For nostalgia's sake, have a theme you have to do a quest for that makes the site look like it did in the early years.
Cheat-proof the site. Find a way to ensure everyone has access to a secret number of rares per week in shops that's only available to them as well as some public rare drops. 

Fix the filtering system; have live mods online 24/7. Combine a few chat boards or get rid of some.
No NeoCash games or events. Keep NeoCash but you're just buying wearables.

End the Obelisk event and start newer, smaller ones around 1-3 times a year. Maybe make some popular ones recurring like the Altador Cup if the players ask for it. There's already a lot of lore to work off of.
Undo all bans. Restore accounts. Blank slate, give rich rewards for telling Neo about the glitches and exploits. 
More stuff outside of the website - merch, video games that are actually good, maybe a cartoon.
Make it a goal in the long run to give every item an actual use. 

#33 NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN

NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:13 PM

Actual customer service, and employee interaction with their user base like they once had would be nice for starters

Revamping old games

*CC*

Plots were my favorite bit about Neopets. I remember being absolutely THRILLED when I read there was a new plot in the works. Sadly, we'll probably never see them again.

More avatars being released. We have SO many unused AIM, yahoo, blahblahblah, avatars that are still up on the site that they could probably revamp and make into new on-site avies.

I could go on if I sat here long enough, but it's too sad.

Also, if TNT could treat premium users (and all users) with respect and not be shady where real life currency is involved, that would be really super.

#34 hahausername

hahausername
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:48 AM

fire literally everybody and hire real computer nerds instead of braindead millenials whose only credentials are "shitty bartender" and "crack whore"

#35 bhadisur

bhadisur
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 05:28 AM

Rehire the UC graphics producers and let them rerelease every UC and more types of them.  guest survey surveyzop.com

Edited by bhadisur, 26 October 2022 - 01:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users