Quantcast

Photo

I've got some explaining to do... :)))))

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:43 AM

Hey folks, good to see you. It's been a while, huh? I really missed this place, believe it or not.

As you can see, as of today, I'm not Private Leader anymore (not that it changes a lot since I disappeared ages ago lol). After not wanting to deal with this for a long time, I thought it was finally time, so I messaged Cody on discord and he was nice enough to quickly demote me so I could post this!

As for what happened; it kinda started with me feeling unmotivated with the rank and my position, mixed with the decrease in activity, but I wasn't ready to just let go. So instead of stepping down like a normal person, I just started checking the site less and less frequently until I deleted the bookmark for the forum and just stopped coming. And I feel really shitty for that lmao it really isn't fair with anyone, especially since this place is extremely important to me and was a huge part of my life.

I actually talked to Kate ( :( ) about this back in october last year, I think, about wanting to step down, but I told her I wanted to write something first and she was just waiting for me to do her part. Of course, I never got around to it :)

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I've wanted to do this for a while because I miss a lot of people from here and I was thinking about checking slack but it would feel really weird to just show up there like that without this first. I really apologize for all of this, and I hope you understand (as much as possible).

Thank you for reading <3

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:12 AM

Hey bud! I'm sure we all understand why you've wanted to step down. This place is basically a shell of what it used to be anyway, and it's hard to feel excited about a leadership position especially when you've inherited a dead responsibility. Thank you for what you did during your time as private leader, and for attempting to make private something to be desired!

Also, it would not be weird at all for you to stop by slack. There's really only 3 of us active there anyway, and we'd love to hear from ya :].

#3 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:09 AM

Sometimes its good to have a break once in awhile and you know we are always here at a click of a mouse :D

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:10 PM

Happens to me all the time.

So don't sweat it.

#5 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:05 PM

Happy to see you around, @Swar :) It's weird how all the forums I was in suddenly went dead all around the same time. Codex feels like a ghost town now, people have moved on and that's just how life goes. Thanks for everything you've done and I hope you can enjoy being here again, now that the weight has been lifted. Have you finished with your studies as yet?

#6 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2019 - 01:58 AM

Thanks a lot, folks <3

Happy to see you around, @Swar :) It's weird how all the forums I was in suddenly went dead all around the same time. Codex feels like a ghost town now, people have moved on and that's just how life goes. Thanks for everything you've done and I hope you can enjoy being here again, now that the weight has been lifted. Have you finished with your studies as yet?

No I haven't! Still got 2,5 years to go :D but it's going by so fucking fast it's scary lmao

#7 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:31 AM

It can't be helped, I think most of us feel that way about codex in general right now. 

#8 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

RIP. ;_;7

#9 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:50 AM

It can't be helped, I think most of us feel that way about codex in general right now. 

This... I remember when this place was booming and I just couldn't wait to get on, see what was going on and get on the... tinychat? Whatever that site was that we used. It felt like a proper little community.

I got close with a few people here and it hurt (still hurts) to watch it slowly die down but that's life and nothing lasts forever :/ I will always remember the good times <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users