Quantcast

Photo

Manager Troubles/Neo Updates (STOP USAGE)

program manager stop using update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#26 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:25 PM

I'm not much of a programmer but if you guys need anything I have a VPN and a few burner shells if needed. :)

#27 Philly

Philly
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:23 AM

Ah this is a tough situation. Best of luck fixing things up. I can also offer some burners if required. Thanks for all the work you guys put into this!

#28 Inverse

Inverse
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 12:13 PM

Any sort of timeline for this being fixed?

I know there's only 1 programmer but Neo disabled the javascript checker since it was messing up the site. Should allow use of program manager at our own risk until they re-implement it at least.

#29 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

Any sort of timeline for this being fixed?

I know there's only 1 programmer but Neo disabled the javascript checker since it was messing up the site. Should allow use of program manager at our own risk until they re-implement it at least.

Right now I don't have any new info. I know that's frustrating and I do apologise. I'd assist, but I don't have the programing knowledge to be able to be of any use. 

Even with neopets disabling the checker, we would still need to update it. This way we don't have to go through and stop all logins and tell everyone to stop using it again. 

#30 pwnographic

pwnographic
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:30 PM

Im planning on buying a membership here once everything is running again. Thanks for keeping us informed. Kaiba

#31 jeas09

jeas09
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

Hey guys I have found a solution to this problem :)

#32 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2019 - 03:44 PM

Hey guys I have found a solution to this problem :)

Really now? Care to share? Unless it’s a “they disabled the gateway pages and so we can reenable the manger”, as I’ve already explained above why we have chosen to update the manger and keep it disabled for now. 

#33 jeas09

jeas09
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 08:22 PM

Send me a new slack invite I lost my old account I'll show you what I have achieved as I have made my own private program

#34 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2019 - 08:27 AM

Send me a new slack invite I lost my old account I'll show you what I have achieved as I have made my own private program

I don't think you need an invite to slack.

https://neocodex.slack.com/

#35 tinsaber

tinsaber
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:14 PM

I am also anxious for the client to be running again!

Keep up the good work, devs

#36 jeas09

jeas09
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:29 AM

I cant get into slack cause I dont have a neocodex.us email address and dont know my original login details
I have joined slack and hope we can solve this issue you are having.

#37 KaylaSerket

KaylaSerket
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:56 AM

Is the mac version going to be updated to be compatible with macOS Catalina after this issue is fixed?

#38 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:40 AM

Is the mac version going to be updated to be compatible with macOS Catalina after this issue is fixed?

I did ask about this, and it's sadly unlikely. Due to gatekeeper, it's difficult run programs not provided by the app store, and since we don't have a apple developer license (which costs way too much for us), it makes it even more difficult. 

You can either not update to Catalina, or you can run the manager through a virtual machine (I don't know if attempting to run the manager through wine will work). If you don't/can't buy a vm, there are ways to get free ones. 

#39 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:52 PM

Any news?

#40 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:32 PM

Any news?

It's a complicated problem and we only have one programmer who has their own life, so no. I'm sorry I can't offer more news or anything. 

#41 wsloko

wsloko
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:36 AM

Do you think it's a doog idea to hire another programmer on Fiverr or similar ?
We could do a crowdfunding to help with costs :D

#42 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:58 AM

Do you think it's a doog idea to hire another programmer on Fiverr or similar ?
We could do a crowdfunding to help with costs :D

Everyone on staff is actually a volunteer, we don't get paid for this, so we don't really "hire" people. Plus, we need someone who we can trust for a long time incase something breaks or neopets updates more stuff, so we'd have to keep hiring the programmer, and with things like fiver, they could just refuse any further jobs and we'd have to keep finding new programers, or actually pay them a salary, far more expensive than what I believe crowdfunding with the members of this site could do, sadly. There's also the thing that this is a neopets program, which really is somewhat of a dying site, so it may be hard to find someone to even want to take the job in the first place. 

#43 Akari

Akari
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:09 PM

I hope all is going well, still waiting! haha

Thanks for the effort guys  ♥

Edited by Akari, 16 October 2019 - 01:10 PM.

#44 Ghartun

Ghartun
  • 233 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:41 AM

I'm holding into my $5 like my life depends on it, just can't wait for the Manager to be back ~

thanks for all the hard work

#45 Inverse

Inverse
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

It's been a month without any updates, don't hold your breath. I don't think it's coming back  :p

Edited by Inverse, 19 October 2019 - 10:09 AM.

#46 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:47 AM

It's been a month without any updates, don't hold your breath. I don't think it's coming back  :p

Again, we have one programmer, all of us staff are adults with our own lives who do get busy. I'd prefer to not keep hounding our programmer with questions, and rather let them work as they are, rather than making their life even busier. If it wasn't coming back, they would have said so by now. It's a difficult issue, with just one person working. 

#47 Akari

Akari
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

So helpful advice

#48 marzipan11

marzipan11
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:34 AM

Really appreciate your efforts on maintaining Abrosia and try to make it safe for current environment. Would definitely pay for Advanced function when neo-Abrosia go lives. Hope all goes well.

#49 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:31 PM

Only update I can give is this: We may have some extra help. I can't say directly if we do or not, I'm not sure myself, until I hear from those above me, as they are currently out hunting for a while with bad internet service.  But that may offer some hope. I'll try to be less vague soon.

#50 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:25 PM

Awesome! Hopefully the help can help get it done. I definitely got spoiled by this program, I HATE shopping for my shop. It takes SO LONG. lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: program, manager, stop, using, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users