Photo

[UPDATE] Program Manager

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#26 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

When you say "chain," what does that mean? Getting frozen?

#27 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

When you say "chain," what does that mean? Getting frozen?

Many or all connected accounts were blanket frozen.

#28 Akari

Akari
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:19 PM

Greatest news but I'll keep holding myself on it haha, don't want to get freezed

#29 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:34 PM

Many or all connected accounts were blanket frozen.

Yikes! I knew it was always a risk, but I think it's even worse now. I think I will hold out a little longer myself. I have WAY too much invested into my account for it to get frozen.

#30 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:22 AM

Agreed I have not encountered any issues with the tests I have run no chains

#31 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:39 PM

Yikes! I knew it was always a risk, but I think it's even worse now. I think I will hold out a little longer myself. I have WAY too much invested into my account for it to get frozen.

Always a risk involved. Best to find some way to distance the new accounts from the food account. Have to start even the account creation from a different IP to be sure.

#32 666

• 183 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:22 PM

Hmm... so your buy times were around 1500ms or so?

.a few hours..where you running it during normal human times? Like not running at 3am constantly or when people would probably be asleep?

What shop were you running in, some shops are more dangerous than others?

It also sounds like you weren't using proxies/VPN's, which is probably what helped them chain if every account was on the same IP, even if it was done on a shell. 

I was just shopping in stamp.  Tbh I used it in conjunction with legit RSing during normal hours when I like, had to cook or we went out to eat for something, so never super long hours.  

I need to look into VPNs if you know of any good free ones or ones worth paying for that are affordable.

It was just weird because I hadnt used it for days and was playing normally and got chained.  

The only other thing I can think of is that I got this weird new blue notice at the top of the screen about cookies or something, I forget.  But it stayed on the site unless you unticked it.

The only reason why I am concerned and posted was because I have definitely been risky in the past years ago, but now I thought more than ever I was being careful...

Edited by 666, 18 February 2020 - 02:23 PM.

#33 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

I was just shopping in stamp.  Tbh I used it in conjunction with legit RSing during normal hours when I like, had to cook or we went out to eat for something, so never super long hours.  

I need to look into VPNs if you know of any good free ones or ones worth paying for that are affordable.

It was just weird because I hadnt used it for days and was playing normally and got chained.  

The only other thing I can think of is that I got this weird new blue notice at the top of the screen about cookies or something, I forget.  But it stayed on the site unless you unticked it.

The only reason why I am concerned and posted was because I have definitely been risky in the past years ago, but now I thought more than ever I was being careful...

Stamp is one of the high risk shops that TNT watches closely due to the high priced items it stocks. That very likely could be a factor. 

Wait so you were using the AB and doing legit? Were there long breaks in between legit and AB? It helps it look more human if you're not constantly RSing, legit or AB. 

Sadly, I don't know of any very good free VPN's. I know there are free proxies, but they can be unreliable and other cheaters could be using them. I think amazon used to have/or still does have something called amazon EC2 which is if I recall right a VPN type thing. 

Hmm..every site I believe uses cookies, so they may have just been informing you about the cookie usage. 

There is always a risk to any cheat program, and we can't make them 100% safe. Even if you're being careful it happens sometimes. 

#34 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

I got banned for ABing in stamp but it was kinda worth it because I did get quite a lot across various accounts.

Some were banned. Some weren't. Some got banned just for ABing in there long before I got anything good. 

That might have been what got you. 

#35 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

Today I got chain iced too and lost my epic best account even though no cheating was done from it and no exchanges between illegit accounts either. It was on a different email with a different Pword.

I ran very fast settings and have never had an issue with that for the 7 years I've Auto-bought. I even sold big items immediately after getting them and it never seemed to matter in my experience. Times I got frozen for other things they banned the account that committed the offense and not literally ALL of them.

I'm waiting on TNT to hear what they have to say and let me know if I can keep the extremely nice account. I'll update everyone here with what they say because maybe it isn't even Auto-buying they did it for. My accounts were very secure from getting hacked and Auto-buying was the only form of cheating I do though.

I urge you all to be CAREFUL! :excl:  Maybe the days of low settings being safe are over and I don't just say that to scare the competition into using slower settings. :crybaby:

I'm waiting on TNT to let me know if I can keep the extremely nice account that wasn't used for cheating.

Edited by masxed, 18 February 2020 - 06:54 PM.

#36 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:56 PM

I've only ever used the auto buyer on one account. I didn't use it over multiple accounts. I have side accounts but I only use those to transfer pets and stuff. DO you think that it would be safer since I only use the one account? I want to use the program again, but I am SO afraid. I've had an account frozen before from getting hacked and TNT refused to believe that I got hacked. I don't want to start over AGAIN.

#37 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:19 PM

Today I got chain iced too and lost my epic best account even though no cheating was done from it and no exchanges between illegit accounts either. It was on a different email with a different Pword.

I ran very fast settings and have never had an issue with that for the 7 years I've Auto-bought. I even sold big items immediately after getting them and it never seemed to matter in my experience. Times I got frozen for other things they banned the account that committed the offense and not literally ALL of them.

I'm waiting on TNT to hear what they have to say and let me know if I can keep the extremely nice account. I'll update everyone here with what they say because maybe it isn't even Auto-buying they did it for. My accounts were very secure from getting hacked and Auto-buying was the only form of cheating I do though.

I urge you all to be CAREFUL! :excl:  Maybe the days of low settings being safe are over and I don't just say that to scare the competition into using slower settings. :crybaby:

I'm waiting on TNT to let me know if I can keep the extremely nice account that wasn't used for cheating.

How fast were your buy times with very fast settings? Even if they didn't have issues before, those settings may have issues now. Even with the protections disabled, they could still be keeping a close eye on things, so old fast settings and such may not work anymore. 

With the chain, again, were you using any proxies or VPNs? Those are the best way to protect accounts from being associated (besides not transferring things between those accounts which you seem to not have done). 

I've only ever used the auto buyer on one account. I didn't use it over multiple accounts. I have side accounts but I only use those to transfer pets and stuff. DO you think that it would be safer since I only use the one account? I want to use the program again, but I am SO afraid. I've had an account frozen before from getting hacked and TNT refused to believe that I got hacked. I don't want to start over AGAIN.

Hm..it is a bit safer to not run multiple accounts, but I still would use a VPN/proxy to protect anything you don't want at risk. Accounts on the same IP as a cheating account can be at risk, even if they're clean. 

TNT may just be chain freezing now to try and prevent cheaters, unlike how in the past they only banned really the main offender. Use proxies/VPNS and try not to associate your accounts with one another. Right now these freezes may not be a problem with Abrosia itself, but rather TNT going really far with protection. The only thing I can see associating any of these, is people not using proxies/VPNs. 

#38 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:21 PM

Hm..it is a bit safer to not run multiple accounts, but I still would use a VPN/proxy to protect anything you don't want at risk. Accounts on the same IP as a cheating account can be at risk, even if they're clean. 

I don't know how to do that. But I use my sister's internet when I am at her house and my internet when I am at my house. Would that be the same thing?

#39 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:25 PM

I don't know how to do that. But I use my sister's internet when I am at her house and my internet when I am at my house. Would that be the same thing?

While your sisters IP and your IP would be different that's not exactly the same as a proxy. A proxy, a high level one, will hide your IP and make the account appear to be logging on from somewhere else. While your sisters IP is different from your home, if you're logging on to all accounts in those two locations, all accounts are associated with those IP addresses, so it's not the same as using a proxy. 

Free proxies can be difficult to find good ones, and some may have other people using and cheating on them, so you can try and find ones that are cheap to buy. 

We have some proxy/VPN guides in the guide directory that may be helpful.

#40 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:28 PM

While your sisters IP and your IP would be different that's not exactly the same as a proxy. A proxy, a high level one, will hide your IP and make the account appear to be logging on from somewhere else. While your sisters IP is different from your home, if you're logging on to all accounts in those two locations, all accounts are associated with those IP addresses, so it's not the same as using a proxy. 

Free proxies can be difficult to find good ones, and some may have other people using and cheating on them, so you can try and find ones that are cheap to buy. 

We have some proxy/VPN guides in the guide directory that may be helpful.

OK, I Will look into it. Thanks.

#41 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:37 AM

How fast were your buy times with very fast settings? Even if they didn't have issues before, those settings may have issues now. Even with the protections disabled, they could still be keeping a close eye on things, so old fast settings and such may not work anymore. 

With the chain, again, were you using any proxies or VPNs? Those are the best way to protect accounts from being associated (besides not transferring things between those accounts which you seem to not have done). 

TNT may just be chain freezing now to try and prevent cheaters, unlike how in the past they only banned really the main offender. Use proxies/VPNS and try not to associate your accounts with one another. Right now these freezes may not be a problem with Abrosia itself, but rather TNT going really far with protection. The only thing I can see associating any of these, is people not using proxies/VPNs. 

My buy times never come out faster than 975MS and generally never slower than 1600MS but vary a lot within that range. Those times always worked in the past no matter how many accounts used the same IP address and I've gotten some of the biggest items that can stock in the game.

I really thought TNT didn't care anymore and it did seem that way for years. I noticed that over a decade ago lots of people got frozen for ABing and reported it here and elsewhere but at a certain point the reports stopped appearing except for here or there and it was mostly cases where it wasn't clear if ABing was actually the main offense or if it was the transfer of the funds, cheating on flash games etc. I thought maybe people only acted like TNT still cared to scare the competition for r99 stamps away since you can (or used to be able to) make money off of them. I've never sold them myself but wouldn't be surprised if people still do that. Hopefully I'll hear from TNT soon so I can report back on what they say.

Edited by masxed, 19 February 2020 - 02:40 AM.

#42 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:08 AM

My buy times never come out faster than 975MS and generally never slower than 1600MS but vary a lot within that range. Those times always worked in the past no matter how many accounts used the same IP address and I've gotten some of the biggest items that can stock in the game.

I really thought TNT didn't care anymore and it did seem that way for years. I noticed that over a decade ago lots of people got frozen for ABing and reported it here and elsewhere but at a certain point the reports stopped appearing except for here or there and it was mostly cases where it wasn't clear if ABing was actually the main offense or if it was the transfer of the funds, cheating on flash games etc. I thought maybe people only acted like TNT still cared to scare the competition for r99 stamps away since you can (or used to be able to) make money off of them. I've never sold them myself but wouldn't be surprised if people still do that. Hopefully I'll hear from TNT soon so I can report back on what they say.

Yeah, 975ms is very fast. It seems with the new changes they're making, such as the protections that got removed, they are trying to care more about. cheating. Which means what worked in the past may no longer work. 

#43 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:22 PM

900ms is WAY too fast. I’ve made a ton of NP on one account since Abrosia came out and my buy times are usually 2200ms.

#44 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:24 PM

I guess I haven't been frozen from it before because I only use it on one account and I use it to restock my shop, which is something I have always done anyway, so I guess they didn't flag me as cheating. I tried the program last night for about an hour and it went pretty well. I'm just going to ease back into it slowly.

#45 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:05 PM

I guess I haven't been frozen from it before because I only use it on one account and I use it to restock my shop, which is something I have always done anyway, so I guess they didn't flag me as cheating. I tried the program last night for about an hour and it went pretty well. I'm just going to ease back into it slowly.

That's a good idea. With how long it was disabled, if you weren't RSing manually or using another ABer, users may want to start slow, like not running it a ton like they normally would, since Abrosia was offline for at least a month (or a bit more). Or  possibly start with slower buy times than you usually have, like you're out of practice. 

#46 KaylaSerket

KaylaSerket
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 05:19 AM

Any update on whether it'll be updated to work on Mac OS Catalina?

#47 Iota

Iota
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:39 PM

I just saw the DDoS protection loading page while playing casually. Be wary, peeps :(

#48 mindy91187

mindy91187
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 12:30 AM

I haven't seen that in a long time, even before they fixed the program. Are you sure?

#49 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1542 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2020 - 05:35 PM

Any update on whether it'll be updated to work on Mac OS Catalina?

Very doubtful if there is an update required

#50 Iota

Iota
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:46 PM

Yea, I was sure I saw it. I was getting that loading page every ~2 mins.

But the next day it stopped, so I have no idea if it's actually being implemented again lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users