Photo

returning to neopets, new to neocodex

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neopet942942

neopet942942
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:38 PM

I joined to try out the Auto Buyer. I'm a little nervous about it. Do people on here still use it regularly? I haven't browsed around much. I googled some of my questions and it linked to posts from 2011-2013. Is it somewhat safe to use? I changed my settings to take more time, only going to a few shops, and anytime I walk away from my computer for more than a couple of minutes I shut it off so it looks more realistic I guess? If I want to check something on neopets, I shut off the autobuyer

#2 Professor

Professor
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

I joined to try out the Auto Buyer. I'm a little nervous about it. Do people on here still use it regularly? I haven't browsed around much. I googled some of my questions and it linked to posts from 2011-2013. Is it somewhat safe to use? I changed my settings to take more time, only going to a few shops, and anytime I walk away from my computer for more than a couple of minutes I shut it off so it looks more realistic I guess? If I want to check something on neopets, I shut off the autobuyer

Yes it is still safe to use as long as the abing isn't a bit too obvious (low buy times, only abing expensive stuff, etc). Yep you are doing everything right. Just keep calm and ab :)

#3 moosejuice

moosejuice
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:16 AM

Welcome to the site. Like professor is saying, it has been safe to use if you have conservative settings. I wouldn't let it run for hours on end.  But an hour or two here and there has worked well in my estimation. Anyway, welcome to the codex!

#4 neopet942942

neopet942942
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:44 AM

Thank you so much for your replies. I set it to about 6 shops so I feel that's more realistic. I upped the delays a little bit. I changed the profit to 3000+, I'm not really looking to get rich quick, just something to supplement some. I removed the magic shop from the list until I have some RSing under my belt so it doesn't look like I'm jumping right in. I run it when I'm able to sit in front of my computer and play on my phone for a little bit. I don't think I've run it for more than 30 minutes at a time. I only ran it a couple of times since I just installed it yesterday. I am listening for the ding because I will stop it once I get one item, no matter how small the profit is, post it in my shop/gallery/TP then do a few things on neopets, then run it again. That's the plan, so far I haven't gotten anything lol

#5 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:03 AM

Hello! Seeing as you're new to auto buying I highly recommend using a shell account, and a VPN to test your settings before going through with the real thing. If you set your times too fast, it can catch you a ban. If your shell gets banned you know what not to do.

Just avoid magic and stamp after testing what settings you need, don't let it run unrealistically long and you'll likely be okay. 

#6 MysticNinja

MysticNinja
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:20 AM

And SS is safe to use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users