Quantcast

Photo

Thoughts on Allowing Item Database Submissions?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 welcomeneo

welcomeneo
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:25 AM

Hi all, was curious about the current state of the Item Database. I think it works really well, but with the lower player volume and less frequent updates, is missing a lot of information. This results in the program purchasing items that it thinks it will make a profit on that are actually not profitable (sometimes by a wide margin).

I was wondering if there were any plans to allow advanced members to update prices, or in lieu of this, to allow advanced members to delete old prices that are messing up the averaging. Some items for example have really old prices that greatly inflate their averaged value, but are no longer relevant. Let me know what you guys think. 

The auto pricing does not even seem to be working for me, so I feel as though I cannot help update the Item Database as of now. I would love to do my part in improving the shops that I frequent. Cheers.

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:27 AM

Right now we don't have any plans regarding the item database. Sadly, the coding and backend for it is somewhat old so we'd likely have to rebuild the entire database system from scratch and none of us really have the time to do so. So the only way to do anything right now is updating UB's and that's only for those with 500+ posts. We have a topic here for submitting UB updates if someone doesn't have the 500 posts to update themselves:

http://www.neocodex....vanced-members/

As for helping update it, Abrosia does run checks in the background so you're helping even if neon AP isn't working. May I ask what's going on with it that it's not working for you? (If you meant Abrosia's AP, that stopped working a while ago. Turn it off and use neon AP instead to price your shop. That'll also help with updates). 

You can also try and use the jellyneo database to make a restock list (which will limit you to one shop at a time). Select the shop you want in the jellyneo drop down, put in your min price and anything else you want to filter by. Then just select everything and paste into something like notepad++, then I'd just follow this guide to delete blank lines/prices/ect: http://www.neocodex....-using-notepad/

I'd love to be able to fix the prices, but due to the issues with the staff having busy lives and the amount of work for it, it's sadly unlikely for now. 

#3 welcomeneo

welcomeneo
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:18 AM

Thank you so much for the detailed answer! I am only looking to help out, and not complain, so I hope it doesn't come across that way. 

I've tried NeonAP (you're right Abrosia AP wasn't working), but I prefer using SSW because of how it gets exact pricing. I know it's kind of a small thing, maybe I will move over to Neon! I didn't realize that it updated the database as well.

Again, I really appreciate the response. I'll try to see what works out.

Edited by welcomeneo, 06 August 2020 - 10:19 AM.

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:32 PM

Thank you so much for the detailed answer! I am only looking to help out, and not complain, so I hope it doesn't come across that way. 

I've tried NeonAP (you're right Abrosia AP wasn't working), but I prefer using SSW because of how it gets exact pricing. I know it's kind of a small thing, maybe I will move over to Neon! I didn't realize that it updated the database as well.

Again, I really appreciate the response. I'll try to see what works out.

No worries, you didn't come off that way! You were showing concern for our site and others who use the programs which is great! I love hearing suggestions. One day I'll get better at coding and try and help out more, sadly my coding knowledge now is very basic. 

There was once a request to have neon AP/Aborisa's AP (when it worked) use the SSW if someone had premium. However, I think the issue with it was probably again the extra coding and the fact the SSW at the time it was suggested was on the premium bar (which had to be disabled to use Abrosia). I'm unsure if SSW is still on that bar however. I do know we fixed the bar issue, so now it's probably just a coding issue. If I recall correct SSW also has less searches before a wiz ban than the normal shop wiz, so it may be harder for Abrosia to run it's background price updates if it was using the SSW and then also have neon AP try and use the SSW to price a shop. 

#5 welcomeneo

welcomeneo
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:37 PM

It's no problem, I'll be using Neon for now, really appreciate the tips. It feels good helping to update the database. Random, but I think the premium bar fix works for regular Abrosia but not Igloo, not sure why.

One quick question about Neon if possible, it seems to not want to price items above 100k (probably since it was coded for back when that was the shop limit). Is there any workaround to manually/auto price things higher? Not a big deal though. And thanks again!!

Edited by welcomeneo, 06 August 2020 - 03:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users