Aww.

:(

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2020 - 07:28 AM

People move on in life and leave us. Neopets sadly has been losing users for years. If they would update and become more modern, they'd probably do a lot better. 

#3 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:09 PM

It's true. You spend some formative years here, stack some online credibility, then let the place go as soon as you run out of time for side projects.

I miss the days when I had time to lurk every board every day, but them days are long gone.

#4 Renie

Renie
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2020 - 01:23 PM

Yeah but that other neopets forum is still active... I prefer neocodex over them, but it's sad that things are dead here :(

#5 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:30 PM

Sites old, most of the user base is probably working full time and or have kids of their own these days!

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:41 PM

Sites old, most of the user base is probably working full time and or have kids of their own these days!

Maybe when the kids are old enough they'll introduce them to neopets for nostalgia and find their way back to us.  :heart: (or the kids will find their way to neopets). 

#7 uhh

uhh
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 05:28 AM

Yeah but that other neopets forum is still active... I prefer neocodex over them, but it's sad that things are dead here :(

I hate that other one SO much. I could go on a rant about it. They do have some nice programs though and that are up to date, but I was banned because I called them out on their bullsit and can't do anything about it lol I wish someone would make their programs available elsewhere...  :devil:

#8 Fatal

Fatal
  • 3625 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:26 AM

Neopets needs a mobile app. Without it, I don't see them surviving. 

#9 FreeSpirit

FreeSpirit
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 03:41 PM

Neopets needs a mobile app. Without it, I don't see them surviving. 

I wonder if a mobile app would do more to draw in new users but appeal less to longtime players. It would be hard to convert everything to mobile without compromising many features. The new beta layout despite being on web has already compromised some functionality. Would be super cool if they could make it work though!

#10 NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN

NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 03:38 AM

I prefer it here too :( I wish I was here during codex's peak.

#11 FreeSpirit

FreeSpirit
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 09:24 AM

I prefer it here too :( I wish I was here during codex's peak.

Same! Just how busy was it back in the day?

#12 NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN

NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:56 AM

Sadly I'll never know. I wasn't around then 

#13 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:50 AM

We had contests frequently, monthly game tournaments, you could hit at least 30-40 posts a day pretty easily...(which is why the adv+ post number guideline for nominations was around 500 posts).

#14 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2021 - 06:39 PM

Then they pissed off Napi, and everything went down hill.

#15 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:14 PM

Time for a smash bros tournament

#16 orangetietop

orangetietop
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:36 PM

I wish neo would update the site in a way that made neo as fan as it used to be back in the day.

But maybe I'm just looking back with rose-tinted glasses.

#17 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:15 PM

We grew up and moved on *shrugs*

#18 analien

analien
  • 4 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2021 - 10:47 AM

Time for a smash bros tournament

that would be really fun, haha.

I'm a new member here just because I've never really played Neopets as a social thing until quarantine, and have just recently been curious enough about programs to make a completely unrelated shell to my main and try them out. I wish it was a little more active (and feel a little spammy as I explore the site and do the newbie scavenger hunt) and there were more people to talk with.

#19 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2021 - 10:59 AM

Got busy with life. Obviously it's nowhere near as active as it once was, but I enjoy coming back and checking in every now and then. 

#20 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2021 - 01:10 PM

good-old-days.gif

Me coming here every few months, checking the profiles of cool people, 'Last active 2017/2018/2019', then closing the tab.

#21 Opana

Opana
  • 17 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2021 - 03:28 PM

good-old-days.gif

Oof this hit me right in the feels, i'm 23 but my entirety of life experiences and traumas makes me feel so much older that i've been clinging onto every little fragment of nostalgic things that I can, like playing Neopets, listening to vaporwave, eating Uncrustables sandwiches :p It's barely helping me not lose my sanity as my body gets older and my mind gets MUCH older (i'm convinced my mind ages 2-3x faster than my body) lol. Maybe i'm just crazy *shrug* whomst knows

#22 Spetsnazneo

Spetsnazneo
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 07:28 PM

I’m a new member here but I noticed this! For example, the Neocodex Competitions and giveaways forum seem pretty dead?
It would be nice to have these back, although I’m not sure how many members are still active here.

#23 alexxd25

alexxd25
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:00 PM

From what I see as a new member it probably has to do with the fact that neopets as a whole is not getting cared for. Site updates have been few and far between and now after flash... its hard

#24 NeopetsReturner

NeopetsReturner
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 06:53 PM

Ya i returned to neopets two weeks ago and struggle to keep myself on the website. Trades are going pretty slow and there's a general lack of content. But what's interesting is that the NC grey economy seems to be growing but due to a lack of TP/auction, it's hard to have a feel on the transaction volume of NC items.

#25 ladykatelyn

ladykatelyn
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 03:44 AM

Iys definitely a lot slower than usual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users