Quantcast

Photo

Hotmail/Outlook All accounts now bouncing?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 evolutionzzz

evolutionzzz
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:52 PM

So it used to be there 1 in every 3 hotmail accounts would bounce for neopets. About a month ago it changed for me. Now every single hotmail account bounces. Did something happen with Neopets or something that I can control? I always clear cookies, change IP's (and I used several VPN services). I am so confused :( is there something that needs to be cleared from my computers other than browsing history, cookies etc. Is there data of all the accounts Ive created/logged into hidden somewhere that Hotmail can see? I am not blacklisted, I have sent emails from Gmail to the hotmail accounts im having problems with and they come in. But not Neopets. There is no way that 60 out of 60 hotmails bounce. Just no way. I have also tried creating on my cell phone to see if that would work, NOPE, still bouncing. I do find it strange that everytime I create an account (different IP's everytime) it makes me do a puzzle verification to send an email out (I try sending an email so I can test it) but if its requiring that each time then it has to be tracking some way. Any ideas would be great! HELP PLEASE!

#2 curiosityandthecat

curiosityandthecat
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:37 PM

What do you mean by bounce? I actually recently had a similar issue (and maybe it’s what you mean), but I tried to recover an old account whose email was a live address (Hotmail’s newer version), and I couldn’t get the password reset link no matter how many times I tried :/

However, I was able to recover a different account using the same email a few weeks ago...

#3 evolutionzzz

evolutionzzz
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:57 AM

Thats exactly what I mean. Requesting an email from Neo and it never shows up. It used to be that 30-60% of them would bounce but now its 100% of them. Trying to figure out if this is temporary or if Outlook has Blacklisted Neo. EERRRRRRRRRR

Anyone know? or wanna test it out and let me know if you run into the same issue.

#4 NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN

NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:44 PM

I'd make a shell or have someone look up your username. You may have gotten found out somehow and got chain iced :(

Edited by NikkiCantComeToThePhoneRN, 01 October 2020 - 04:45 PM.

#5 evolutionzzz

evolutionzzz
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:49 AM

Its not accounts being frozen or anything. The accounts are all good on neopets.com. The bunny says the email should arrive within 15min but it never shows up. I have tried another 10 accounts (all different emails) and same thing happened with all of them.

#6 rainbeau

rainbeau
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:21 PM

made an account literally to complain about the same thing, haha.

but! i do have some info.

yahoo is apparently working fine, as is gmail.

the only accounts i'm having issues with are hotmail and live accounts. can't be sure about aol - aol won't let me re-create an email that expired due to inactivity, so i can't check it. angry.png

accounts are not frozen nor compromised (last seen long, long ago).

really don't want to send a support email for stuff that shouldn't be broken in the first place, rrgh.

#7 beefwagon

beefwagon
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 07:32 AM

For some reason I'm having this problem with gmail, I don't know if age of accounts/last login time has anything to do with it but it's def frustrating

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2020 - 03:31 PM

made an account literally to complain about the same thing, haha.

but! i do have some info.

yahoo is apparently working fine, as is gmail.

the only accounts i'm having issues with are hotmail and live accounts. can't be sure about aol - aol won't let me re-create an email that expired due to inactivity, so i can't check it. angry.png

accounts are not frozen nor compromised (last seen long, long ago).

really don't want to send a support email for stuff that shouldn't be broken in the first place, rrgh.

I have an old account on AOL, and I can never get the forgot password email for it (for the neopets account, I have access to the AOL email). It just never comes through. I heard something a while back about them possibly blocking neopets emails because too many people reported them as "spam"? (or they just sent too many emails in general).

Maybe that's what's occurring here. 

#9 evolutionzzz

evolutionzzz
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:26 AM

I have a feeling that Outlook has added Neopets.com to its blacklist, or specifically the password/username request emails to it. You can get an email back from neopets support without it bouncing but not any recovery emails.

#10 ultravolta425

ultravolta425
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 01:34 AM

I also logged in after several years of inactivity, just so I could post in this topic.

About a week ago, Tony P (Neopet's most visible support guy, I'd say) helped me out of a hacked account, and in return I let him know about this issue. I literally linked him this thread.

He told me he'd transfer this info to the DEV team.

Then, yesterday I figured I might as well try again, so I sent an email from neopets to one of my old Hotmail accounts and behold, the email arrived!

I kept testing with other emails, and it kept working from +- 6PM GMT+1 up until 10PM GMT+1, after which emails started bouncing / not arriving anymore. I tried with a VPN, with proxies, nothing. Same thing today (11AM GMT+1).

So either I was very lucky yesterday, or this just happens to be a timeframe where things open up for us, I don't know.

In any case, I thought I'd just let you guys know.

#11 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:37 AM

I also logged in after several years of inactivity, just so I could post in this topic.
About a week ago, Tony P (Neopet's most visible support guy, I'd say) helped me out of a hacked account, and in return I let him know about this issue. I literally linked him this thread.

Then, yesterday I figured I might as well try again, so I sent an email from neopets to one of my old Hotmail accounts and behold, the email arrived!
I kept testing with other emails, and it kept working from +- 6PM GMT+1 up until 10PM GMT+1, after which emails started bouncing / not arriving anymore. I tried with a VPN, with proxies, nothing. Same thing today (11AM GMT+1).
So either I was very lucky yesterday, or this just happens to be a timeframe where things open up for us, I don't know.

Thanks for the update! Maybe I could send a ticket to tell them about the fact AOL is having the same issue! I might be able to get my old account back and finally get the forgot password email

#12 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:19 AM

Thank you for this update <3

I was finally able to get the password recovery on my hotmail :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users