Photo

Not my first intro.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 valseedian

valseedian
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 05:48 PM

Hi NeoCodex.  Name's valseedian (also known as fletch).   I've been a neopets bot programmer for nearly 15 years and I'm back on a neopets programming jag.  I lost my portfolio and stopped making bots for nearly a decade.

2 months (or so) ago I got a copy of my headers and a few of my sources.. started refreshing my minesweeper autoplaying bot, and after more or less finishing that, I decided the next step was to refresh my old ValScript project-  A neopets specific scripting language and script runner Ala runescript or the like where users can share their scripts to the community. 

I've spent about a month on it, and I'm not really close, but I'm looking for a good place to post about my results- coding tutorials, sources, headers and a sorta programming diary maybe.  

I'm working on a version of my old USAB system that didn't use the shop wiz much by gathering names from other locations.  When that's done I'll release it here as long as that's OK with the staff.   If there's a mod/staff member I can chat with please dm me.

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:07 PM

It's not your first, but it is your last. MUWAHAAHAHAHAHA

I mean Hello!!

#3 valseedian

valseedian
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:38 PM

Seems I'm only waiting on some mod approval to start posting some code/tutorials.  Programs aren't ready for prime time yet, so that will come later, also after a staff approval process.  I'm glad to be here.  Spent all weekend re-factoring my old headers and what little codebase I've made since coming back to make reviewing my code more practical. managed to get the new 'integral headers' from 6k lines to just a bit more than 4.5k.   there was a lot 2010 me wrote that I don't need anymore.

as mentioned before, I lost almost all of my portfolio to a triple redundant backup failure, every line of neopets specific code I've ever written...  so I'm basically starting over from scratch and I really only get to code late at night after a full time job and between attendings to my infant.   I code in C++, so my development isn't 'agile'..  and I revel in writing everything from the ground up.. I'm likely at least 2-3 months away from a beta version of valscript. untill then, I plan on producing some more standard bots for general consumption, with all of the code required to compile your own version.  in the end, my old ban protection amounted to having a ton of other activities the program could do, and could choose to do instead of the main function of the program.  wouldn't earn as much NP, but would absolutely make the account look more legit. 

going to go write up a few tutorials on how to use my 'finished' headers. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users