25 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2021 - 01:50 PM

POPULAR POST!

Neocodex has affected my life over the last 15+ years in many ways, and I never knew how far the changes would take me.

In late 2015, in one of our TinyChat sessions, a new member from Brazil who I had never seen joined in -- that member was @Lollita. From that night on and for the next few months we talked nearly every day about absolutely everything under the sun and our friendship grew. In March of 2016 she became my girlfriend and I flew her out to Arizona for 3 weeks some time after that. Fast forward to 2019 and getting passed all of the multiple visits/plane tickets, and Visa paperwork we got married in Arkansas at a beautiful place called The Old Mill.

(My mom and sister are throwing rice at us  :shifty: )

kvsOAvj.png

We have lived together since then in Arkansas and have two dogs together. 

Who knew what else was in store for us...

Fast forward, again, to 2021 and we moved from Arkansas to southern Georgia/northern Florida area.

Less than two weeks before we sold our house and moved, we found out something that will change our lives forever.

WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BABY!!!

Another Scorpio to add to the mix ^_^.

EqXpD1b.jpg

I still can't believe how quickly these last 6 years have gone and the hoops we have had to jump through.

This all feels very much like a dream and I can't imagine being in any different situation.

In part I have Codex to thank for these two blessings and for helping me find my amazing wife. Isn't that wild?

#2 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2021 - 02:41 PM

Congrats to you guys!! This is indeed pretty amazing.

I think you didn't actually tag your wife though, her display name seems to have an additional letter 'l' here :p

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2021 - 02:42 PM

I think you didn't actually tag your wife though, her display name seems to have an additional letter 'l' here :p

Thank you! I fixed it :D.

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2021 - 04:25 PM

Congrats on baby Adam! We shall soon have a little baby mod, awwww. If I could knit hats, I'd send you a little hat with the Codex "N" on it for him. 

Such a wonderful story, to meet through Codex. 

tenor.gif

I see mentions of dogs, you gotta pay the Dog Tax. 

#5 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2021 - 05:17 PM

Again guys, massive congratulations to you both on this wonderful news. I'm certain you will be amazing parents and the new bubs will bring you both a lot of joy and happiness for years to come. Welcome to parenthood :D It's a wild rollercoaster of new and daunting things to prepare for (or not be prepared for lol) but it's so rewarding. We have our three boys now and while at times they can be little pains in our asses, the goodness in them far outweighs the demonic side xD

Hoping for a rather smooth pregnancy for you both and all the best! @Lollita, you got this!

#6 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2021 - 06:22 PM

Congratulations @Adam and @Lollita!!!

#7 mrscrowbar

mrscrowbar
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:19 AM

Yay! Congratulations!!! What an amazing story!

#8 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:00 PM

Congrats on baby Adam! We shall soon have a little baby mod, awwww. If I could knit hats, I'd send you a little hat with the Codex "N" on it for him. 

Such a wonderful story, to meet through Codex. 

tenor.gif

I see mentions of dogs, you gotta pay the Dog Tax. 

This seems like a perfect occasion to learn!!

Again guys, massive congratulations to you both on this wonderful news. I'm certain you will be amazing parents and the new bubs will bring you both a lot of joy and happiness for years to come. Welcome to parenthood :D It's a wild rollercoaster of new and daunting things to prepare for (or not be prepared for lol) but it's so rewarding. We have our three boys now and while at times they can be little pains in our asses, the goodness in them far outweighs the demonic side xD

Hoping for a rather smooth pregnancy for you both and all the best! @Lollita, you got this!

I am SO. FUCKING. NERVOUS!!! I never really had a solid strong male figure in my life, so learning to be one is going to be difficult.

Congratulations @Adam and @Lollita!!!

Thanks bud! Btw I love your photography :]

Yay! Congratulations!!! What an amazing story!

Thanks! My description of our story is so short and so bad lol.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2021 - 07:23 PM

Yay!

#10 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:34 PM

@Adam you will be a natural, whether you think you can do it or not. The whole thing about parenthood is precisely that, it's a learning curve for every parent, no matter how prepared you think you may or may not be, just let it happen and do the best you can. It's a rollercoaster ride, but one that inevitably, will be an awesome one. You got this guys, good luck! If you ever need any sort of advice or help with things, hit me up mate, I'm more than willing to help out wherever I can.

#11 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:34 AM

Marrying someone you met online is weird, who would do that? Congrats.

#12 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:37 AM

Congrats you two! What a long, strange journey it's been..

#13 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:42 AM

@Adam you will be a natural, whether you think you can do it or not. The whole thing about parenthood is precisely that, it's a learning curve for every parent, no matter how prepared you think you may or may not be, just let it happen and do the best you can. It's a rollercoaster ride, but one that inevitably, will be an awesome one. You got this guys, good luck! If you ever need any sort of advice or help with things, hit me up mate, I'm more than willing to help out wherever I can.

Thank you :D. And oh believe me, I'll have questions lol...

Marrying someone you met online is weird, who would do that? Congrats.

Takes a weirdo to know a weirdo, ya dig?

Congrats you two! What a long, strange journey it's been..

Yes ma'am! Pretty crazy what Codex has done for a few of us, eh?

#14 Spetsnazneo

Spetsnazneo
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 06:02 PM

Congratulations and the photos are amazing! Happy news like this in these days make me happy too.

#15 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2021 - 12:06 PM

Thanks bud! Btw I love your photography :]

Thank you very much! :D

(I don't think I have you on IG? I can't find you :( )

#16 NeopetsReturner

NeopetsReturner
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:04 AM

Congratulations. Lol that actually sounds pretty cool. I meant how you met your wife. Hope you enjoy your family life.

#17 alexxd25

alexxd25
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 04:57 PM

Congratulations! I absolutely love seeing these types of stories and it always brings joy to me!

#18 Lollita

Lollita
  • 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2021 - 10:14 AM

Can't believe misspelled my codex name tsk tsk tsk.  :doh:

Thank you everyone! It has been an amazing journey  :wub:

Thank you!!! So far so good (the first trimester was wild though phew).

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2021 - 09:00 PM

What a bad husband. 😏

#20 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2021 - 04:19 AM

What a bad husband.

It's what I do :].

#21 BowsersBorgar

BowsersBorgar
  • 5 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 June 2021 - 02:07 PM

Congrats Lolita and Adam,that's such a wild coincidence! It's amazing to know that we may never know where or how we are going to meet the love of our lives, so it's so cute and heartwarming to see that out of all thing Neopets united you guys hahaha, I feel so happy for you guys, I wish you guys have a wonderful life, child and most importantly a loving marriage!

#22 GetJinxed

GetJinxed
  • Reckless Cheater

• 1423 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2021 - 05:36 AM

Congratulations to both of you!! :heart:

#23 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:27 AM

OMG that's super wholesome! Congratulations to both of you.

#24 Opana

Opana
  • 17 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:31 PM

Awww I've always wanted to date someone who also cheated on Neopets bc they'd be too busy cheating on Neo instead of cheating on me haha 😂

#25 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2021 - 10:43 PM

Congratulations! Very happy for you two :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users