Photo

About buying NP

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sabana

Sabana
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:09 PM

So I bought NP for the first time. 3mil to be exact. I was given the info for a 9yr shell account with the NP which I then transferred the funds to my main. Are there any flags that notify TNT for large trades? I did one chunk 2mil and then the last 1mil all through trading post with a cheap item. Ive seen mixed stories and tbh I’m wondering if they’ll end up freezing me or not. Any personal experiences with buying NP?

#2 ortin

ortin
  • it's christmas everyday

• 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:20 PM

Nowadays you should be fine, TNT isn't really looking too hard. A large amount that might raise flags is more like 10m+ at a time.

#3 Sabana

Sabana
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:17 AM

Nowadays you should be fine, TNT isn't really looking too hard. A large amount that might raise flags is more like 10m+ at a time.

oh nice! Also I figured with this long ass maintenance it’ll go under the radar

#4 Rogue

Rogue
  • 674 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2021 - 10:21 AM

As ortin said, TNT doesn't have the manpower to check into it anymore, unless it's really obvious.

The safer way to transfer money is via shop though, just put some not junk items for sale and buy it. Like, 10 neggs, 300,000 each.

#5 Doomie

Doomie
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:09 PM

yep

#6 HalcyonAndOnAndOn

HalcyonAndOnAndOn
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 01:05 PM

The safer way to transfer money is via shop though, just put some not junk items for sale and buy it. Like, 10 neggs, 300,000 each.

I've used this method for a while and can confirm that it works well :thumbsup:

#7 cleowuu

cleowuu
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:39 AM

I thought shops was risky because shop history over 1k is logged?

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 September 2021 - 01:42 PM

I thought shops was risky because shop history over 1k is logged?

It is logged, but they're not saying to buy a ton of 1k items. Shop prices now go up to 999,999. So you can buy multiple higher priced items which would be normal. Like neggs. It's normal to buy multiple if you find a good price, for battledome/food club lists/ect. 

#9 HalcyonAndOnAndOn

HalcyonAndOnAndOn
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:37 AM

It is logged, but they're not saying to buy a ton of 1k items. Shop prices now go up to 999,999. So you can buy multiple higher priced items which would be normal. Like neggs. It's normal to buy multiple if you find a good price, for battledome/food club lists/ect.

As ortin said, TNT doesn't have the manpower to check into it anymore, unless it's really obvious.

What would y'all say is the minimum value of an item that's safe to overprice? For instance, what if I sold eight copies of 101 Uses for Old Gears at 400k each (The current estimated price of that book is 1k)?

Thanks for your wisdom ^_^

(I'm not actually going to do this. It's just a hypothetical)

Edited by HalcyonAndOnAndOn, 22 September 2021 - 09:37 AM.

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2021 - 12:29 PM

What would y'all say is the minimum value of an item that's safe to overprice? For instance, what if I sold eight copies of 101 Uses for Old Gears at 400k each (The current estimated price of that book is 1k)?

Thanks for your wisdom ^_^

(I'm not actually going to do this. It's just a hypothetical)

For that hypothetical, nope, not safe or a good idea. That's wayy to much of a price difference to be a mis-key mistake (like hitting an extra 0 to make it priced at 10k), and even newbies won't buy 8 of the same item for 400k each, resellers certainly wont when a book is only worth 1k. 

It's not that there's a minimum to overprice. Its more of "could this misprice actually occur", and "would anyone actually buy multiples of this same item for such a price increase"? (Battledome one use items and such, now yes, people do buy multiples of those items at once. Just consider if the price increase is actually a price someone could potentially buy the item for, even in a desperate situation). 

For the negg example, sure neggs right now are around 9.5k. However, a newbie could price one very high if they got a ton of them. Or collectors would buy them just to earn more neggery points. Negg's aren't junk items.

Books can be odd unless you have 5 pets and want to read it to each of them. Otherwise I can't see anyone buying 8 of the same exact book.

#11 HalcyonAndOnAndOn

HalcyonAndOnAndOn
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:13 PM

For that hypothetical, nope, not safe or a good idea. That's wayy to much of a price difference to be a mis-key mistake (like hitting an extra 0 to make it priced at 10k), and even newbies won't buy 8 of the same item for 400k each, resellers certainly wont when a book is only worth 1k. 

It's not that there's a minimum to overprice. Its more of "could this misprice actually occur", and "would anyone actually buy multiples of this same item for such a price increase"? (Battledome one use items and such, now yes, people do buy multiples of those items at once. Just consider if the price increase is actually a price someone could potentially buy the item for, even in a desperate situation). 

For the negg example, sure neggs right now are around 9.5k. However, a newbie could price one very high if they got a ton of them. Or collectors would buy them just to earn more neggery points. Negg's aren't junk items.

Books can be odd unless you have 5 pets and want to read it to each of them. Otherwise I can't see anyone buying 8 of the same exact book.

Good to know, thanks :thumbsup:

About a year ago, I purchased several million NP using my store, and the seller told me to put up a bunch of junk items at very high prices. I was never frozen (knock on wood), but I guess that was lucky. I'll be sure and be more careful from now on. Hopefully, they don't comb store records from the distant past (I can't imagine that they'd have the resources to do it at this point).

I played World of Warcraft as a kid, and I remember buying some in-game currency. Years later (after I had stopped playing), I got an email saying that my account was frozen for buying money. I guess it's theoretically possible to be caught long afterwards, but my guess is that Blizzard is more on top of it than TnT :lol:

#12 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 September 2021 - 02:24 PM

Good to know, thanks :thumbsup:

About a year ago, I purchased several million NP using my store, and the seller told me to put up a bunch of junk items at very high prices. I was never frozen (knock on wood), but I guess that was lucky. I'll be sure and be more careful from now on. Hopefully, they don't comb store records from the distant past (I can't imagine that they'd have the resources to do it at this point).

I played World of Warcraft as a kid, and I remember buying some in-game currency. Years later (after I had stopped playing), I got an email saying that my account was frozen for buying money. I guess it's theoretically possible to be caught long afterwards, but my guess is that Blizzard is more on top of it than TnT :lol:

Blizzard and Jagex (Runescape) and Riot (Leauge of legends) are farrrrr more on top of it than TNT is.

#13 jhazz

jhazz
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:08 PM

This topic is quite helpful. I'm considering buying NP for the first time but I have no idea how to go about it

#14 i1100

i1100
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2022 - 02:10 PM

I'd be interested in buying as well, is there a specific thread that would educate me on the topic more? Like how to even find out how.

#15 Shiinzen

Shiinzen
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2022 - 10:38 AM

I'd be interested in buying as well, is there a specific thread that would educate me on the topic more? Like how to even find out how.

I'm also looking for the same thing. Like, new infos, from 2020/2022 about how is TNT tracking stuff nowadays, if they're even tracking it...

Less people playing nowadays... It means now it's easier for them to track weird movements/stuff happening, right? (transferring items, pets.. etc).

BUT that also means that they have less resources to invest in tracking cheaters.....? o_Õ

Idk. I literally have no idea and infos about it x3 still looking for some. 

#16 kiyomi

kiyomi
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 05:10 PM

There are always definitely flags.  I still have my accounts because I wasn't rouging.  But you will need to make sure to never post your neopets usernames on here or any other site that can offer you programs to gain things in the game to make sure you aren't throwing up signals of cheating in the games even on there.  It is nice to have alot of fancy pets and items but if you get caught you get your feelings hurt.  Just saying.. yours truly, Jesus Fuentes. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users