• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:46 PM

As many of you already know, Neocodex has gone fully private and is not accepting new registrations at the moment, with the exception of a few who have been allowed to register. You also know that an invitation modification is in the making so as to allow members to invite their friends and family into Neocodex. What you dont know are the exact specifics of the invite mod. Not many people have been let into the secrets of the modification that will change the way neocodex works forever. However, we feel that now is the ti'me. Here is our current documentation on the invite mod:

Neocodex invitation modification - 15%
Description: The invitation modification will allow members to invite their friends and family to Neocodex and allow them to register as members even though the registrations are clased. We feel that having open registrations is too much of a hassle as many people who dont really deserve the community register and then cause havok on the forums. This invitation modification, better known as the invite mod, will revolutionize the way we register new members on Neocodex.

Here we have released some details about the modification that will allow you to get a better look at what the invite mod will allow you to do on the forum. These are si'mply the plans that we have for the invite modification. As the modification draws nearer to completion, we will update this section of the projects area to show the new things that are going to be included.

How the modification will work
  • Full integration into the forum. - You do not need to go to any outside area of the board to send one of your friends an invitation.
    • To send an invite, you will si'mply go to your user control panel, or my controls and click Invite a friend to Neocodex. You can then fill out a form, and send them an invitation.
    • They have 1 week to clai'm the invitation or it expires and is readded to the number of invites you have.
  • The modification is based on gmail's method of inviting users, and since most of you already have a gmail account, everything will feel just like home to you.
  • Invitations will be given out based on the activity of your account.
    • Activity will be determined through the number of posts you make.
    • We will use a formula to determine when you get an invite.
    • Each post you make on the forum will give set you a little percent closer to recieving one invite to send out.
    • You will be able to monitor your invite percentage in both your profile, and underneath your avatar so you can keep track of how soon you will recieve an invitation.
    • Getting an invite will be quite hard however, because we want to li'mit how many invites are circulating.
    • Once you have 3 invites, you can not get any more invites, until you use some of your existing invites.
  • All areas of the modification will be administrator configurable, including how many invites you have. We will also be fully logging who you invite.
Keep in mind, that all of these figures are si'mply projected and arent official.

Expected completion date: November 30, 2004

#2 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:51 PM

well this should be good and it is clever of doing the post counts and that ;) well aslong as people don't bring in neopets staff lol it should be fine.

#3 Brad

Brad
  • How about a magic trick?

• 4565 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:24 AM

who'd exactly invite neopets staff?

#4 towkay

towkay
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:59 AM

I need to know more about the part of inviting your family members in. My family members shared the same computer as me and thats means the same IP address too. Would you allow that ?

#5 Cooliodoc

Cooliodoc
  • 1244 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:30 AM

well wjm and redchaos have the same IP so I don't see why not.
I would just be worried that with an open invite system that if someone gets angry at the site they may invite neopets or something bad like that.Hopefully no-one would do that and if they did that neopets coudln't do anything but still...

#6 towkay

towkay
  • 445 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:57 AM

There might already be neopets staff in here so they might just invite more neopets staff to join LOL. The invite mod is at least better than close registration.

#7 powerman5000

powerman5000
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:22 AM

or maybe instead of getting invites like monthly or something...you can ask an admin for one....and/or earn them by doing little things or somin ;)
that way if they are making trouble or are mad at the board then the admin can just ignore their request

Edited by powerman5000, 16 November 2004 - 05:22 AM.

#8 Blazin

Blazin
  • 2201 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:30 AM

I think it should be restricted to higherups , I mean above memeber status - for some of these members, I've yet to trust, and many have not been weeded out. So maybe only give it to people such as restricted an up? Or maybe lower than that...but member status, people will be spamming like crazy to gather invites.

#9 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:45 AM

yeah I agree with blazindragon122 maybe only staff members or even private and retired members only so people don't spam just to invite leechers or neopets staff.

#10 jpt

jpt
  • 1288 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:54 AM

Yeah. Plus, I don't want any of my family to come here, and my friends would probly not understand what this is and spam like hell.

#11 ryirish

ryirish
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:54 AM

Yeah, even I have to agree that only private members and higher should be able to envite.
And that coming from a normal member.  xP

#12 roflmao

roflmao
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:40 PM

yeah I agree with blazindragon122 maybe only staff members or even private and retired members only so people don't spam just to invite leechers or neopets staff.

View Post

Sorry, I just have to say this. EVERYTHING is becoming private... Soon enough, normal members will have no priviliges whatsoever, and then nobody would want to be invited...

#13 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:47 PM

Sorry, I just have to say this. EVERYTHING is becoming private... Soon enough, normal members will have no priviliges whatsoever, and then nobody would want to be invited...

View Post

Thats why you work to be private... I think a pruning is good now too so inactive members that might suddently come back arent allowed to invite their friends in (if invitations are public)

#14 Dark_Eco_Freak

Dark_Eco_Freak
  • 406 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:41 PM

Well, I have a question: Are you coding this yourself Hydro? I only ask this because mods you get off of like Invisionize or something install in a minute.

#15 Xiphos

Xiphos
  • 3365 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:28 PM

I have a couple of friends in mind.

#16 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:49 PM

Lol I probably won't use this ever. Unless I invite my friend ike :)

#17 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:54 PM

Thats why you work to be private... I think a pruning is good now too so inactive members that might suddently come back arent allowed to invite their friends in (if invitations are public)

View Post

yeah I am coding this myself. becausetom job for Neocodex. Invisionize is a good forum, but no one was willing to make the mod so I decided to write it myself.

Well, I have a question: Are you coding this yourself Hydro? I only ask this because mods you get off of like Invisionize or something install in a minute.

View Post

I think I will just add a feature in that we have to approve every invitation. Maybe. We will work something out. This is just a preview of the general structure of the mod.

#18 Insanedragonz

Insanedragonz
  • 3011 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:22 PM

woo..Another Roxorx MOD..I would invite 3 TNT with my 3 invitation..xD// just kidding..I hate them than any 1 else.. :)

#19 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:47 PM

yeah I am coding this myself. becausetom job for Neocodex. Invisionize is a good forum, but no one was willing to make the mod so I decided to write it myself.
I think I will just add a feature in that we have to approve every invitation. Maybe. We will work something out. This is just a preview of the general structure of the mod.

View Post

*Cough* whatches hydro finish it 10 years later... :wheelchair:

#20 Dark_Eco_Freak

Dark_Eco_Freak
  • 406 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:39 PM

HEY! Dont say that. Thats a mod better than you, at least :)   Are you gonna release the mod to the general public e.g. Invisionize?

Good job. It takes a lot of work to make a mod of that caliber! sorry if I misspelled it :D

Edited by Dark_Eco_Freak, 16 November 2004 - 05:40 PM.

#21 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:41 PM

HEY! Dont say that. Thats a mod better than you, at least :)   Are you gonna release the mod to the general public e.g. Invisionize?

View Post

I'm thinking about it. I might, and I might not. I'm leaning to the latter though and leaving this a becausetom job for Neocodex. Ill release some of my other mods to codex to invisionize when I'm feeling less lazy.

#22 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:46 PM

You'll be feeling less lazy when I throw honey on you, and sick bee's to attack! Gyah!

#23 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:56 PM

Oh god, not ike pyke... he is pure evil :p

#24 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:06 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Good thought actually. When it comes to internetilation ike is the ultii'mate in stupidity.

#25 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 06:19 PM

:pokey: Don't.Invite.Ike. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users