2 replies to this topic

#1 MosNanDa

MosNanDa
  • 884 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 04:05 AM

Posted By: LaZer Wave
Creator:  whackslaps_revenge
Date: December 27 /04

First Off: This guide is to get some cash and having fun at the same ti'me <_< Well here it goes.

NEOPETS, characters, logos, names and all related indicia
are trademarks of Neopets, Inc., © 1999-2004.
® denotes Reg. US Pat. & TM Office. All rights reserved.

GAMES ROOM - I know that most people think Plushie Tycoon is a very complicated and ti'me consuming game. The thing is, it's not that complicated. The first ti'me that you start off there are many confusing aspects that are hard to get by, including: When your factory and workers will work, why does it say I can only make Grundos? and how many workers should I hire?
Here's a guide to the game that should get you on the right track!

How to play...

There are no secrets to this game, just pure logic. You have 50,000 NP to start up a manufacturing business. The objective is to make a profit, and to do that, you must spend or invest your NP wisely.

The first step is to purchase some supplies. A good way to start is to buy enough stock to manufacture 400 plushies. Good choices are Aisha and Shoyru, because they require only one bolt of cloth. They also require accessories. The list below will show you what is essential to the making of each species. As you look at it you may think, but I can save NP by making plushies that do not need accessories! I advise you not to, because they sell at such a low price that you will lose NP. Prices on supplies vary, so check a few ti'mes before you start buying.

So you have some stock and you want to be in business. The next step is to go and rent your factory. Now hire some employees. I recommend about 20 each of Journeymen, Trainees, and Graduates. Don’t bother with Dropouts, as they are not too productive. As soon as you have sufficient personnel, start your first job. You can submit two work orders, and it is wise to do so, as this will keep your employees busy. Check back once an hour to see what progress has been made. As soon as a job is finished, submit a new one, buying inventory as required. Keep those employees busy; they are being paid by the hour! --- They work from 9am to 5pm NST.

When you notice that your first job is almost complete, say at about 80 plushies made, go and rent a warehouse. This is your storage area until you put your plushies into your shop. When you have at least three orders in your warehouse ready to be shipped, rent your store. Be careful spending NP on fixtures, and do not expand just yet. You have to make some NP before you do that. Advertising is very I'mportant. Do not be too extravagant in the first few areas, but go for a nice color ad in the Neopian Ti'mes.

The final step is just to sit back and whatch what happens. As each lot of 100 plushies gets sold from your store, the NP gets added to your cash at hand. Buy supplies as you need them, and keep the factory working.

When you start to make sales, you can upgrade your store and factory size, but do not do everything at once. Always make sure that your have enough NP on hand to pay your rent on your factory, warehouse and store, because if these are not paid, you will be declared bankrupt and lose the game.

Happy tycooning...

There are a few new tweaks that makes the game a little more confusing for the newbies and a little more fun for the pros!

-There is a thing called supply and demand. The plushies that are in the supply column are plushies to stay away from. These plushies will be made very quickly but once they get to your store, they will sell very slowly. The plushies on the demand side are also a little risky to make because they will start selling quickly at a fair price, but once other people start making them too, they will fall off the demand list and their price will drop, giving you less NPs when they sell.

-Also, all workers have gotten an increase in their salaries! Yes, now you have to pay more for their ti'me in your factory. The prices for workers are as follows:

Dropouts-7

Graduates-11

Trainees-16

Journeymen-23

Managers-74

-Now it also takes longer to load plushies in your warehouse, even with level 9. Also, after you ship your plushies, you have to wait 5 minutes for them to show up in your store! Also, here is the ti'me chart for each level, how long it takes and how much it costs:

*WAREHOUSE*

*SIZE / LOADING / PAY RENT*

---------------------------

SIZE ONE / 4.5 HRS. / 670 NP

SIZE TWO / 4 HRS. / 1340 NP

SIZE THREE / 3.5 HRS. / 2010 NP

SIZE FOUR / 3 HRS. / 2680 NP

SIZE FIVE / 2.5 HRS. / 3350 NP

SIZE SIX / 2 HRS. / 4020 NP

SIZE SEVEN / 1.5 HRS. / 4690 NP

SIZE EIGHT / 1 HR. / 5360 NP

SIZE NINE / 30 MIN. / 6030 NP

The factory is where you have to start your game off. You have to make the plushies before they can be shipped and sold. Most of the tycooners start with a couple jobs in the factory and then expand their factory so they can make more and more plushies. Here is the number of jobs you can keep in your factory at once per level:

*FACTORY*

*SIZE / EXISTING JOB TOTAL / PAY RENT*

---------------------------------------

SIZE ONE / 2 JOBS / 980 NP

SIZE TWO / 4 JOBS / 1960 NP

SIZE THREE / 6 JOBS / 2940 NP

SIZE FOUR / 8 JOBS / 3920 NP

SIZE FIVE / 10 JOBS / 4900 NP

SIZE SIX / 12 JOBS / 5880 NP

SIZE SEVEN / 14 JOBS / 6860 NP

SIZE EIGHT / 16 JOBS / 7840 NP

SIZE NINE / 18 JOBS / 8820 NP

The store is another pesky thing you have to deal with in Plushie Tycoon. Once you've made the plushies and shipped them, they go to your store where you sell them. Depending on what materials you use, the price of the plushies will go up. It also depends on what plushies you make. You should also buy upgrades and advertisements, they make your plushies sell faster. Ti'me when you are going to buy your upgrades and advertisements, because it you don't have enough cash, you will go broke and have to start all over again. Here are the prices for the upgrades and advertisements:

*SHOP UPGRADES*

UPGRADE TYPE / UPGRADES PER LEVEL / COST PER LEVEL / COST FOR MAX UPGRADE

CARPET LEVEL / 5 UPGRADES / 224 NP / 1120 NP

(rubber mats, linoleum tile, standard carpet, tiger carpet, deluxe plush carpeting)

LIGHTING / 5 UPGRADES / 365 NP / 1825 NP

(candlelight, Tiki torches, gas lanterns, desk lamps, fluorescent track lighting)

STORE SECURITY / 5 UPGRADES / 410 NP / 2050 NP

(cans on a string, rent-a-Gelert, antitheft tags, padlocks, motion sensor 4000x)

DISPLAY SHELVES / 5 UPGRADES / 780 NP / 3900 NP

(factory reject shelves, bamboo shelves, stone shelves, jelly shelves, transparashelves)

FRONT SIGN / 5 UPGRADES / 1440 NP/ 7200 NP

(cardboard signs, deluxe banners, window painting, neon sign, marquee)

*ADVERTISEMENTS*

UPGRADE TYPE / UPGRADES PER LEVEL / COST PER LEVEL / COST FOR MAX UPGRADE

FLYERS / 5 UPGRADES / 154 NP / 770 NP

(handbills, pamphlets, stickers, catalogues, calendars)

GIFTS / 5 UPGRADES / 244 NP / 1220 NP

(crayons, keychains, dry-erase boards, squeeze bottles, tote bags)

CANDY / 5 UPGRADES / 362 NP / 1810 NP

(gum, lollypops, jelly beans, cookies, chocolates)

IN-STORE PROMOTION / 5 UPGRADES / 1248 NP / 6240 NP

(pens, buttons, magnets, posters, cardboard stands)

NEOPIAN Ti'mES ADS / 5 UPGRADES / 3466 NP/ 17330 NP

(classified ad, b&w 1/4 page ad, color inserts, color 1/4 page ad, half page color ad)

For prices on materials and other fine details for the plushies, go to 2forwolverine petpage!

I hope I have helped you to clear up a few things about Plushie Tycoon today.

Happy Tycooning!!!!

#2 jane

jane
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:45 PM

wow long post 0_0
thanks

#3 upper

upper
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:55 AM

this really help me but how do you earn NP? Real NP not plushie tycoon NP