Photo

The Truth...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#1 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:29 PM

All of you know that the NID is some fake forum, created by rdd to frame the admins to look bad...

In reality, the administrators of NeoCodex created the NeoCodex Intelligence Database to keep tabs on our enemies and other neopets cheating sites. After codex grew quite a bit, we knew that we needed something to defend ourselves from other sites. We, just like any site, need some protection. The NID was our answer. So, we started md5ing members' passwords who were high positions on other sites... we deployed spies to other sites to get high positions. Don't get the wrong idea, we NEVER did any harm to ANY site, nor did we EVER intend to. We NEVER infected any FTP... don't know how that story every emerged...

Eventually, we got tired of md5ing passwords, and some of them didn't work on members' other accounts... So, we began to log passwords some ti'me in early november. We had admin access at other sites, but we never did anything, just kept our eyes out for codex programs. We found a bunch of OUR restricted programs in the private section of another site using this method, and we got the administration of that site to remove them. All we have done is made sure that nothing from codex is leaked, and made sure its removed if that happens.

We have other sites' source. There is a reason for that too. The only reason we wanted source is to check it. We wanted to make sure that no one had access to, and was ripping our source. We didn't find any cases, and we never used it in our programs, as it is obsolete compared to ours... We have the better stuff. :p

The programs... no one is really sure why we have them... we don't use them, and never distributed them to any of our members. That was our last defense, if a site threatened us, we could defend ourselves with their programs. we never needed to.

Now for RDD, and what has happened the last few days. RDD was going to sell some of his own, original work to help pay for codex... I got the wrong idea, and thought he might be selling codex progs, or progs he had posted on codex. Then, I said (very stupidly!) it would be easy for hi'm to rip source. That made hi'm pretty mad... :S (rightly so)  All he did (out of anger) is take screen shots of the NID, and gave them out to various people. The admins thought knowledge of the NID would destroy codex, so we tried to cover it up... (that means all you have been told in the last few days is bullshit)

This is all the truth... however every trace of the NeoCodex Intelligence Database is gone, never to return. (other than the screen shots that you have probably seen) I hope you can forgive Codex's administration for doing such a thing (however if you read that entire post, it should sound how it is... not too bad) If you have any questions about the NID, feel free to ask me. Either post here, email me, ([email protected]) pm me, or (prefferably) contanct me on msn ([email protected]) However, please do not talk about this elsewhere on the board, as you will still get warned.

Thanks,
The NeoCodex Administration

EDIT: Apparently I didn't make it clear that NID no longer exists lol... every trace of it is gone from codex :(

#2 Anonehmoose

Anonehmoose
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:31 PM

Finally, you admitted it. Its not really nice to lie to the public -- then disable posting privs of those who want to get the truth out -- all for the sake of covering up the admins stupid actions.

But, ill give you a cookie for admitting it.

*hands a cookie to every admin*

#3 Dtrox1

Dtrox1
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:31 PM

so why is rdd banned then just for releasing sshots?

#4 Anonehmoose

Anonehmoose
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:32 PM

He also gave admin usernames/passwords out to 3vo so they could get in and mess up codex.

#5 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:32 PM

Thank God, The truth is out, I was about to burst, Now I dont have to, thanks for telling the truth dude :S

#6 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:33 PM

Darn...... So it was real..

#7 Ender

Ender
  • 4323 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:34 PM

:S It was real? I just found out like... 5 min ago :( That was a brave thing though :p Good job Helf.

#8 Xiphos

Xiphos
  • 3365 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:35 PM

thats deep, and rdd, wtf was your prob anyway.

#9 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:35 PM

Holy crap. So that's the truth?? How did all of this shit happen in two/three days? What I'm really pissed off about is that someone keylogged me. They hacked a lot of stuff that belongs to me. Even my neopets account. They took all of my NP. I'm hoping that no one hacked anything else that belongs to me.

#10 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:36 PM

Once again noone listens to me, I told you RDD was trouble and he'd screw up again...

#11 Dominate

Dominate
  • 2090 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:37 PM

WOW the truth for a change but I forgive you guys you did what was best for the site ^^ and is RDD going to be ubanned????

#12 Dtrox1

Dtrox1
  • 18 posts

?? rdd never did anything hugely wrong  he gave out pass when u tried to make hi'm look like a lyer the pass let them see first hand I also had the pass to see has did "jamie" and gri'm and anyone else who was in the confrence

#13 Anonehmoose

Anonehmoose
  • 719 posts

Thats what I dont like about codex:

1) Nobody ever listens to me
2) Voice your opinion and you get punished
3) Admins have the permission to overrule any decision made.

#14 KillerPrince

KillerPrince
  • 327 posts

Thank You now I know what happened.

#15 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Why didn't you just admit it in the first place? I would of still come here.

#16 Anonehmoose

Anonehmoose
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:38 PM

?? rdd never did anything hugely wrong  he gave out pass when u tried to make hi'm look like a lyer the pass let them see first hand I also had the pass to see has did "jamie" and gri'm and anyone else who was in the confrence

View Post

Let me explain something. H.elf and rdd got into a fight, rdd gave admin users/pass info out, codex lied, codex admitted, and here we are.

#17 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:38 PM

Gawd.. so who's pw got out then?

#18 Anonehmoose

Anonehmoose
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:39 PM

No idea. Hydros, noits, h.elfs, every admin I'm guessing.

#19 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:39 PM

I really wanted to say, but I know that if I tried to say I would have just been in shit.

And I guess they thought that you might over react...........

#20 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:40 PM

no ones is out... its all destroyed. thats why all of your passwords were reset :S

#21 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Hopefully not mine. Mines the same for everything apart from my cPanel and PayPal.

#22 KillerPrince

KillerPrince
  • 327 posts

I wonder if it's every admin that is registered here that rdd took

#23 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:42 PM

Well, glad it's all sorted now. I can't believe rdd was so deceitful though :S Despite all his 'emotional instability', I thought that he was at least above this..

#24 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:43 PM

no... everyone that got in only payed attention to admin passwords, and logged into codex with them... I doubt they would look at member pws... yes our enemies knew our pws but they were all reset. I encourage all of you to reset ur other pws if they are the same... just in case

#25 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:45 PM

Well, what happend to all of our members? It says 350. And we should be killing 3vo right now. They will pay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users