• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#51 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:22 PM

Ok, can I get one thing straight?

We did NOT keylog anyone. There is absolutely nothing in the programs that is evil.... I guess I should expain all this since I created the logger in the first place.

I added a function in login.php of IPB that makes it log usernames and passwords of people so that we can use it for security reasons only. We did not have the intention to do anything evil. This was probably the biggest addition to the NID... We weren't interested in neopets accounts or anything, or paypal or anything else but boards.

#52 theking004

theking004
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:24 PM

I suppose I understand...

anyways I'mo rdd was a fantastic member sure he had his bad ti'mes and shouldnt of been made admin again but the stuff he did was very good and all he actually did was have another of his fits ....

he never hacked
made fake invisions or anything
and has a result of his fit ncid is now gone thats not a bad thing I'mo

I think u should bring hi'm back has a member and stick hi'm mas a member never to be givien power of any sort again because he si'mply gets mad easily ...lol

#53 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:28 PM

I see you finally admitted the truth darn I wanted to do the write up :devil:

#54 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

well he leaked NID stuff which is admins only... what goes in admin stays in admin... he knew that and intentionally violated it... thats enough for ban

#55 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Yes, RDD gets mad very very quickly. I don't think he should come back at all. This has been a very nervewrecking day. I've been on NeoCodex for three hours today and there has been more controversy today than any other NeoCodex day.

#56 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

Eh...I now have a different I'mage of codex than I did a few days ago. Before the boards went down (anyone else notice it was january eleventh? >_>)  it seemed perfect with everyone respecting each other. Then the boards came back up with pictures of NID (which I understand is gone >_> don't flame me h. elf) and other things and now mods are leaving left and right, trevor is banned, rdd is banned and convicted, and the admins have lied to the public. Just what I noticed...

#57 Leo

Leo
  • 1020 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:49 PM

You come out with the truth, never knew there was that much more too it. But I'm not too I'mpressed about the lying, quite disturbing.

#58 Bão

Bão
  • 5407 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:14 PM

There was way too much that I needed to know. The Admins lurking under everyone, hiding almost everything from us, and having access to almost anything with our passwords. I hope this is all that NeoCodex has to hide, if there was more, I don't know what would happen. I actually thought NeoCodex would fall down today. There is a lot of talk about this on many many forums out there. They are very careful about who they will be letting in for now on. I just hope that everything will get better and wish well for NeoCodex and our very close community.

~BaoUnit

#59 jpt

jpt
  • 1288 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:20 PM

Eh...I now have a different I'mage of codex than I did a few days ago. Before the boards went down (anyone else notice it was january eleventh? >_>)  it seemed perfect with everyone respecting each other. Then the boards came back up with pictures of NID (which I understand is gone >_> don't flame me h. elf) and other things and now mods are leaving left and right, trevor is banned, rdd is banned and convicted, and the admins have lied to the public. Just what I noticed...

View Post

Trevor hasn't been banned! And nowhere is perfect. You guys only kept logs of our Neocodex account's passwords, right? I'm fine with that.

#60 Pink_Bubble

Pink_Bubble
  • 340 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:23 PM

at least u told us the truth.

Edited by Pink_Bubble, 14 January 2005 - 06:24 PM.

#61 jpt

jpt
  • 1288 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:25 PM

Hmm.. I guess you guys know when I always type my old password  before my new one because I forget. Lol, I have such a bad memory.

#62 skittles

skittles
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:34 PM

now that the truth is out and codex only felt they should lie 4-5 ti'mes to me directly

I want a complete reason on why this was done and why my name was found in those files and why when I had the proof..I was told to shut down

your made the mistake, you CENSOREDed up, now you can take credit.

thanks

P.S- Still with Codex, still for Codex...just pissed off

#63 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:37 PM

No doubt you are. I am quite sure one of the administrators will be glad to explain all they can. I would but...well I don't understand myself :devil:

#64 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

I understand why ya'll did it.  Does not make it right, though.  But I stand by whatever the admin decide.

#65 skittles

skittles
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

yes an explanation is due

and if someone talks to RDD, thank hi'm for finally making them speak the truth

I'm so pissed off.....I trusted this site until now

also please explain why you had 3vo's programs in there because obviously you got them from my login. complete breach of trust..and codex has the right to say they can't trust people?

Edited by lttleinncntone, 14 January 2005 - 06:45 PM.

#66 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:48 PM

Well me too, You could of atleast told us the truth and not trying to back yourselves up with damn lies!

Edit: [mergeti'me]1105757339[/mergeti'me]
Hidden, how can we trust you that it's gone? You've already lied 1 BIG LIE to us. I want VIDEO proof.

#67 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:58 PM

Well me too, You could of atleast told us the truth and not trying to back yourselves up with damn lies!

Edit: [mergeti'me]1105757339[/mergeti'me]
Hidden, how can we trust you that it's gone? You've already lied 1 BIG LIE to us. I want VIDEO proof.

View Post

=/ video proof eh? A bit I'mpossible since they could just make it invisible when they take the ss.

#68 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:14 PM

Trust me xBullet... the NID was erased in a fury when we found out it was leaked. No backups were made, and all NID code was destroyed.

Even though it will be kinda hard to trust me after all this happened... believe what you want and judge your decisions by that.

#69 ask8er88

ask8er88
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:43 PM

sounds like you guys had quite the strategy going...who was the original person with this idea?? sounds pretty unique :devil: ...I still wouldnt blame codex one bit for logging stuff...nothing wrong with keeping your friends close and your enemies closer...you meant no harm by it....but theres always the downside to everything...looks like we found it lol

Edited by ask8er88, 14 January 2005 - 07:44 PM.

#70 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:48 PM

Well, I just saw for myself, it's GONE.

#71 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:54 PM

ace's screens are legit... I can take video proof if yall want... if u tell me how lol

#72 Stephen

Stephen
  • 3527 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:55 PM

Doesn't matter Elf, shadow just prooved, he let me explore for myself.

#73 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:04 PM

sounds like you guys had quite the strategy going...who was the original person with this idea?? sounds pretty unique ^_^ ...I still wouldnt blame codex one bit for logging stuff...nothing wrong with keeping your friends close and your enemies closer...you meant no harm by it....but theres always the downside to everything...looks like we found it lol

View Post

Well put, that is pretty much what I was attempting to say, but you said it better then me :devil:

#74 Brad

Brad
  • How about a magic trick?

• 4565 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:19 PM

NID eh? never knew, never bothered my, we were just acting like any other forum, no biggie!

#75 Guest_lordarchangelx_*

Guest_lordarchangelx_*

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:21 PM

its too much fer meto take in

this matter has no doubt borught total chaos to codex...and let us see what the admins can do..I can onli say pick ur admins wisely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users