[Guide]Little Rs Guide I Found[not owned by member]

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:15 PM

DO NOT GIVE ME CREDIT!!!!!I found this on Neo, I just brought it to NCX.Have fun with it!

Ok, first of I know some people say you cannot restock if you have a slow connection, but that's not true. You just need certain techniques! I'll explain as we go along.

To start off with, you need a shop and some neopoints to restock with. Dont worry about the size of your shop yet, keep it to the size you need it to be. Some neopians have a very large shop, but only stock a very few items. This is just a waiste of np. If you are new to neopets, play a few games until you have a enough to start off with.

Now you need to pick a shop. If you have a slow connection, dont choose a popular one, but go for shops outside Neopia Central. You can of course pick a main shop if you wish, but you will have to buy items that only give a bit of profit. The items that gives the good cash will here be taken by those with a fast connection.

Of the shops in Neopia Central, people have recommended the chocolate factory, toy shop, pharmacy, bakery, book shop and the magic shop. Battle items are very specialized, and you need to know alot about it in order to make a profit. However, you can make a very good sum of nps indeed, but there's alot of competition here. The Bakery is brilliant as most of the items released on the species days comes here. This can make you a handy profit. Chocolates are always asked for in quests and thus in high demand. Books are always popular, and the magic shop releases morphing potions that can earn you alot of neopoints, but you'll have lots of competition here. The toy shops sells magical plushies and rare plushies.

For shops outside Neopia, try furniture ones and food. Experi'ment and find one that works best for you. Recommended ones have been spooky foods and mystery island foods.

Now, it is research ti'me. As I've mentioned, I'm hoping to have some lists over items here. However, new ones are constantly being released and some might have been overlooked. A good way to research and familiarize yourself with items is to enter shops when they have first restocked, and then look the items up in the shop wiz to check what profit they give. You can also use neoitems.net to look up the items for the different shops, and check them against the shop wiz. Neoitems is a brilliant website for checking out items. Once this is done, write them down and/or try and remember which ones to go for. I know its tedious, but once done you are ready start. If you dont want to do all that research, go for the book shop. There are a few books there that does not sell for profit, but not many. However, it gives less profit than some other shops.

Half price day (third of every month) is good for people who doesn't know the prices all that well. Problem is, its only once a month, and it seems all of Neopia is hanging around on that day. In other words, the best items go even faster than usual and it can be difficult for people with slow and fast connections alike. Anohter bad thing about this day, the shops can take a long ti'me to restock again. It is a test of patience.

When you are buying items, I would not recommend haggeling if you are buying rare items, or items that sell for a lot of profit in general. These items are in high demand, and you'll find that they will all become sold out. Remember, speed is everything. For some of the items it might be the matter of less than a second! Type the same number over again, nearest to the asking price; for an item costing say 900 np, rather than typing 850, try 888 instead. It might sound silly, but you'll find it makes all the difference.

Also make sure you sit comfortably. Place your fingers as near the F5 (refresh key), enter key and the numbers so you can easily type your price, and hit enter. I recommend using the numbers placed far right on your keyboard rather than those above the letters, but you need to see what works for you.

Now that you have just restocked and you are waiting for the next one, you can quickly put the items you just bought into your shop and price them. It is best to open other windows for this, so you can still check that the shops aren't restocking without you. Another way to kill ti'me and you can still keep checking for restock, are the chatboards, petpages and the Neopian Ti'mes. I would not recommend the flash games as you most likely will keep missing out on those precious restocks.

Sooner or later, you will most likely find yourself restock banned. This is meant to happen when you refresh in a shop too much, however it seems to be abit random. People who have barely refreshed have been restock banned. Best thing to do, is to go in and out of shops rather than refreshing. Even though some have been banned doing this as well, there's a less risk to it.

When you are restock banned, none of the shops will stock items for you. A good way to find out is to visit the tiki tack shop on Mystery Island, because this is always full. If its empty, you're banned. You can also check the battledome shop, that is usually full of items no-one wants to buy. Someti'mes it might take what seems like ages between the restocks, so check before deciding you have been banned. The shops restock completely random. About 5-10 min between them seems average, it can often be as long as 20-30 min between them.

Ok, say you have been restock banned - how to get unbanned? There is much debate over this. Some say the neopets team (tnt) unbans people on tuesday and saturdays, some say mondays and fridays. Personally, I have been unbanned on a wednsday before. Another theory is that you have to wait for 24 hours before even entering a shop in order to get unbanned. If you go in one before the ti'me is up, it starts all over again. However, some people have been banned for days and days. If anyone can clarify this neomail me please!

Edit:Now a little from me!
All I have to say is Restock at 14(Chocolates).My tip is if your going legit and really want to Rs, study "The Ab's"Lists and Rs rares.

Edited by Nintendo930, 07 February 2005 - 05:17 PM.

#2 Dark_Sniper

Dark_Sniper
  • 1726 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:20 PM

*yawn* props to ppl who rs by hand  :p

#3 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:23 PM

More than I can say for me! :p

#4 Raui

Raui
  • 5687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

lol thats what I always do and all the profit goes into more profit cause I put it in the bank :)

#5 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:46 PM

You don't use an AB! :)

#6 Faisal

Faisal
  • 1989 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:38 PM

ah..what to say? :( nice guide xD

#7 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

Thanks, but its not mine, I just posted it!

#8 Hazard

Hazard
  • 3424 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

i dont get what your talking about

#9 Enzo

Enzo
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

uhh... this guides over 2 years old mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users