Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:37 PM

Table Of Contents
I. Introduction
II. Buying
III. Selling
IV. Building Your Portfolio
V. Closing Remarks and tidbits

I.  Ok, here we go. The purpose of this guide is to make you TONS of money with virtually no risk and an almost guaranteed success rate using the Neopets Stockmarket. Before we do anything, I will say this. The stockmarket requires money. To be a successful investor, you must be willing to commit sufficient funds to the task. Basically you need cash to get started. That really sounds like the beginning of some crummy Infomercial, but, luckily enough for you, I get no money by you following this method, and therefore I have no reason to lie. So to begin with, you need around 50,000 NP to start your portfolio. If you don't have the cash handy, go and get it. Now that you have it you also need to know that there is a possibility (and a high probability) that you will not get an instant return on your investment, so don't get discouraged! The stock market is a waiting game. You will need to make around 15,000 NP for the sole purpose of investing every day. Once you become more experienced, you can depend entirely on your portfolio to make that money for you.

II.  Here's how stock investing works. You buy shares of a company at any certain price (neopets has a lower limit of 15, meaning you can't buy below that) and sell whenever you feel like it. This means that you, thats right YOU, are in complete control of your money. Here are some basic rules for buying:
1. Always buy when stocks are in the 15-16 price range. Any more, and you run the risk of not getting a decent return on your investment.
2. Try to buy stocks that are rising from prices lower than 15, not coming down from higher prices. Stocks usually run in trends, and when they come down, they tend to stay down. For a while anyway... *muttering about EDITED *
3. Always buy 1000 shares a day, preferably in a single stock.
4. Diversify! There is an old saying 'don't put all your eggs in one basket.' It's very true, and this also applies to stocks. Buy shares in many stocks, so you have an increased chance of having a profitable stock every day.
As you can see, investing my way costs you 15,000 NP a day! That seems like a lot of money, but when you can make 200k a day easy (I can, using the stock market) you can see how your investment can increase in the blink of an eye.

III.  Selling your stocks is a bit more complicated then buying them. Here are some basic rules for selling:
1. Always, Always, ALWAYS sell for a profit. Sometimes you might pick the wrong stock to invest in, and you might have to wait months before you can sell it for a profit: that's ok!
You will notice that that is the only rule, that is because its uberly important that you do this, or else you make me look bad. And you don't want to do that...

Another issue arises as to when is the best time to sell. This can be a matter of some debate and I myself have endured countless rants on the neoboards over when is the best. Really, its a matter of personal preference. Most newbies like to sell anywhere from 19-25 to get their investment back quickly. More experienced players sell at 30-35, and the most stock market pros sell at 45+. You choose where you think you fall in. Personally, I fall into the second group, because this is my primary source of income.

IV.  Building your portfolio is a way to insure that you won't have to take funds from your other activities and sink them into the stockmarket. Here's what you do. When selling, invest 15,000 of the profits back into the stock market. That way you will never have less shares on a given day than you started with. It's a simple way to insure that you don't have to keep throwing money into the stockmarket. Always check your stocks to see if any are at your selling point before buying a new lot of 1000 shares. Another small tip is to not sell immediately when you have a stock in your selling range. Sometimes its better just to wait and see. And if it falls, so what? You can just wait for it to go up again. The secret of the stock market is patience.

V.  As you can see, the Stockmarket is an easy and fun way to make loads of NP! I hope this guide helps you to make your own discoveries, and remember this is only the beginning. As you play for longer, you will learn your own little secrets, patterns and other tricks. Have fun and good luck!

© Written Work by Patrick Scanlan, a.k.a. redlion
      Not for distribution without written or express permission of myself
      For Neocodex.us

Edit Jan2, 2012: Updated this a bit. Also corrected my 15 year-old spelling and re-corrected the board's auto-correct for im -> I'm. Certain references retained for comedic and nostalgic purposes.

#2 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:44 PM

kool tut mate. I might have to do that :p

#3 Kiral

Kiral
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:46 PM

Great guide Red, I am sure that this will help alot of those people who don't know how to get hold of an ab or those who just want to make more money but either way this guide is great and remember I will be there looking for you if I think you should write another Tut :p

#4 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:49 PM

Lol, there isn't much else that I could write a tut for. Thats about the only subject I have any knowledge at all about, so I'm just about spent. *hopes he doesn't realize the truth*

#5 Kiral

Kiral
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:55 PM

*hopes he doesn't realize the truth*

View Post

Now,now, You already know that you can't lie to me because of my all knowing power aswell as my  :p power so don't try it again  :( but the guide is very good I am going to try it right now and tell you if it works as good as it looks :o

#6 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:57 PM

Thanks, mate. Hope this helps somepeople.

#7 Dark_Sniper

Dark_Sniper
  • 1726 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

Here is a link I found to view all the stocks its very useful ur welcome

Stocks List

#8 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:15 PM

I cannot upload a screenie I get this error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the ti'me the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

#9 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:19 PM

Here is a link I found to view all the stocks its very useful ur welcome

Stocks List

View Post

Erm thats an avatar.

I cannot upload a screenie I get this error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the ti'me the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

View Post

Well, just host it somewhere and post a link, Thats what I do for my sig.

#10 Ashaide

Ashaide
  • 4621 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

ok ta

#11 Dark_Sniper

Dark_Sniper
  • 1726 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:22 PM

ah srry I'm keyboards a little messed

Stock List 2

#12 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:31 PM

Oh, I see what you mean. Thanks for that.

#13 Dark_Sniper

Dark_Sniper
  • 1726 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:32 PM

no problem enjoy!  :p

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 04:26 PM

whoaa nice tut man thx ^_^

#15 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 February 2005 - 04:56 PM

No problemo my admin dude.

#16 acidtears

acidtears
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 07:46 PM

I was thinking about writing a tut on that subject, its an awesome tut though, A+

#17 414de7fe6

414de7fe6
  • 2559 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 08:50 PM

Use this in conjuction with my uber l33t neopets stockmarket mod to see results ^^

Also: I'll incorporate your guide into the second mod okay?

#18 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 05:46 PM

Ah, so this also works for dial-up? :p

Can anyone explain the terms used above? I think I might do it, for I can't AB :crybaby:

#19 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:54 PM

Euph: thats fine.

WLT: this works fine with dialup. If you can load a page, you can do this. If your internet is archaeic and you have like a 28k modem, it could take some ti'me to do things, but you can still do them if you have some patience.

Edit: [mergeti'me]1114721697[/mergeti'me]
This guide was leaked to another neocheating site. When I find the person who did this...

#20 Arkidas

Arkidas
  • 1231 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:15 AM

It's too long. Simply buy stocks at 15-17Np and sell them when they go higher. End of tutorial.

#21 Siner

Siner
  • 1120 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:52 AM

wow this must of taken you a hell of a long time! +rep :D

#22 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:57 AM

It's too long. Simply buy stocks at 15-17Np and sell them when they go higher. End of tutorial.

View Post

By doing that you decrease your chances of getting huge returns on your investments. Your way is the beginers way.

And siner, thanks :)

#23 Ilya

Ilya
  • 2419 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:33 AM

nice tutorial thumbsup.gif
Ill ask you if I have any problems with the stockmarket tongue.gif

#24 beach3boy

beach3boy
  • 514 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

Thanks, I read this yesterday and started trying the market yesterday, I have 2000 shares so far...They've both gone up, too.

You might want to add to the bottom of the guide the site neodaq.com....it's pretty helpful. Thanks! smile.gif

#25 Shin

Shin
  • 1586 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

Thanks, redlion! I can now invest my stocks with confidence. smile.gif Great tutorial!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users