Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for the guide! Keep it up. :D

#52 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Great guide! I am trying to fill my portfolio for the moment and I'm aware it will take a few months to have enough lots to actually make profit.
But what I don't quite understand is:
Let's say I want to make 200k a day. However, I'm only allowed to buy 1k stocks each day. If I sell more than 1k, my portfolio gets smaller (therefore less potential future profit). If I just sell 1k at 45, I "only" made 30k profit.
What I'm trying to say is, if I sell a whole bunch on one day for 45, I'm "using up" my portfolio that I've build up before over months. So chances are even if I can make the 200k once, it won't happen each day. Because even if the prices are right, my portfolio would be depleted very fast and I'm still bound to buying 1k only.

#53 JillianMarie

JillianMarie
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't trust him with real money in a stock market. I don't even trust him to do his own laundry. I wouldn't mind letting him do that fake one though. I'll give him the link (:

#54 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

But what I don't quite understand is:
Let's say I want to make 200k a day.

Right there, that's your problem. NeoStocks are not a guaranteed income, in much the same way that the actual stock market is not guaranteed to make you money. The main difference being, there is a minimum price in NeoStocks and given enough time, every stock will rise above minimum, guaranteeing you at least some profit. So you will make money, you just won't be able to make a given amount each day.

It's a waiting game. So just buy at 15 and wait for a stock to reach a profitable level and sell it off.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust him with real money in a stock market. I don't even trust him to do his own laundry. I wouldn't mind letting him do that fake one though. I'll give him the link (:

Yeah, I definitely suggest paper trading before trying to enter the real market. Even if you're good at paper trading, the transition to real trading can be difficult.

For instance, in paper trading the computers usually assume that whatever price and quantity you're trying to buy at will necessarily be available (given that the price is at that level), which simply isn't true in the real world. For small lot traders like me, often an order won't be filled because no one is trading in that denomination. The big players all trade 1000 shares, 10,000 shares, even 100,000 shares at a time. For an individual to buy 50 shares is a tough thing most of the time.

#55 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

That seems like a lot of money, but when you can make 200k a day easy (I can, using the stock market)

Actually, I was just quoting you for the 200k a day :p Since you said just that I was curious where it came from. Of course you're not guaranteed to make that much a day but this sentence in your guide leads me to believe it's the average income per day, not a "oh it happens once in a month thing"

Edited by Cyaneum, 23 January 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#56 Osaka

Osaka
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for sharing :rolleyes:

#57 MrBenn

MrBenn
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:36 AM

Nice guide, should help a lot of players :)

#58 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Actually, I was just quoting you for the 200k a day :p Since you said just that I was curious where it came from. Of course you're not guaranteed to make that much a day but this sentence in your guide leads me to believe it's the average income per day, not a "oh it happens once in a month thing"

Keep in mind that I wrote this... almost eight years ago? I wasn't the brilliant man of letters you see before you today :p

I am continually surprised by how often this gets bumped.

#59 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Keep in mind that I wrote this... almost eight years ago? I wasn't the brilliant man of letters you see before you today :p

Whoops sorry I didn't pay attention when you posted this :p Do you still use the stockmarket after 8 years? I can imagine getting fed up buying those 1000 shares each day sometime..

#60 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

Whoops sorry I didn't pay attention when you posted this :p Do you still use the stockmarket after 8 years? I can imagine getting fed up buying those 1000 shares each day sometime..

I don't play Neo that much anymore, but when I do login, I always check my stocks and buy a new lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users