Photo

All new members look in here.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:49 PM

All new members, please read this document first: http://www.neocodex....showtopic=25378. Greatly appreciated. ;)

I figure with the invite mod being up, we are going to have an influx of new members, so I found it a good idea to post some Codetiqutte (Yes, a new word.)

1. Please do not bring bring up old topics,

99% of the ti'me, it would serve no purpose and clog the first page of new topics. A general rule of thumb: If it is not on the first page, don't post in it.

2. Respect your elders.

The members that have been here for quite some ti'me GENERALLY know what they are doing. If they offend you, don't take it into your own hands, just contact any staff member that is online and we will take care of it in an orderly manner. That doesn't just go for your elders, even ones newer than you.

3. Have fun :)

(If there is already a topic like this, I looked and did not see it, don't blame me :p )

strypp I took out 3 because we cant double post... it automatically makes it an edit... =P-netbus

Oh :p

Frizzle's pwnsome guidelines below :)

#2 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:01 PM

I've decided to set up some guidelines for new members of codex, what the members expect of you really to become a decent member of codex. Other people can add this to my post if they want.

1. Be freindly. (But not too freindly  :blink: )
This is a bit obvious to most people really, but if you have a negative attitude no-one will like you and you won't get far in the neocodex hierarchy, but don't be TOO preppy or over  enthuastic .

2. Be active (But not too active :spam: )
We all love new members on the boards, so be active, but don't go around posting useless messages or alot of people will get mad at you. So a few posts a day will do, jus t as long as they aren't utter crap ok?

3. Never insult members (espically private or above)
If someone finds you insulting another member, you can gurantee someone will moan about it without you finding out, never insulte anyone on the site, but espically the staff or the retired member (moany people you see), if they do it to you, bite your tounge and tattle on them (I know I do :lol: )

4. Don't post about programes
Sure you may see the programes and think "COOL" but when you come across and error all the ti'me and need to post about it, I wouldn't, unless you've got a few posts behind you, most people will think you're a leecher. Ohh no leechers on codex, grr.

5. Make freinds
If you want to go far in Neocodex, become popular, staff etc, make freinds with some of the members, if you make freinds with the right people, you can go very far.

6. Don't start up Gfx or Programming just because everyone else is.
Don't start up projects just for the sake of getting on the team, or because you think you'll become more popular on codex, only start these kind of things if you want to.

This is all for now. -Frizzle-

Edited by Frizzle, 13 April 2005 - 01:01 PM.

#3 Robert

Robert
  • 6934 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:04 PM

Good post :) well hopefully they will read it :p pinned

#4 dck

dck
  • 2361 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:05 PM

Nice post! :thumbsup:

Edit: Might want to merge Stryyp's pinned topic in GC with this

Edited by dck, 13 April 2005 - 01:06 PM.

#5 Faisal

Faisal
  • 1989 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:07 PM

Welcome to codex frizzle! stay active have fun and read the rules. :D

haha....

x_x

Nice post anyways. :)

#6 Stryyp

Stryyp
  • 2788 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:10 PM

Yes, I shall merge our topics and make it all purdy like.

Yours is more indepth on some subjects than mine, good job ;)

#7 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:11 PM

Yea sure, the more the merrier.

#8 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

rawr, nice post. I was thinking about doing this, but you've already done it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users