Quantcast

Help! I dont know if you can help but...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_..::Buzzle::.._*

Guest_..::Buzzle::.._*

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:16 AM

:drool:   ;) sayin I have a virus... somethin like download.trojan :D ahhh help... pleaseeee... it keeps fixing it but somehow it keeps coming up....  :D

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!!!!!!

Edited by ..::Buzzle::.., 31 May 2004 - 11:23 AM.

#2 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:20 PM

that means you are doing something with loads of trojans in that could be a file sharing program, they are full of trojans or it could be your main CPU is infefected and the virus scan will delete it, but it will com straight back so do a complete virus scan

#3 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:07 PM

do you have norton antivirus....the same thing happened to me...it kept telling me I have the same trojan, and I kept thinking "OK I KNOW I HAVE A CENSORED TROJAN!!!!"

get mcafee :lol: , it actually picks things up and it only tells you once :p

#4 shabba

shabba

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:08 PM

I got macafee its good

#5 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:10 PM

Hm. I dont use Filesharers so I dont get that, especiallly with Norton anivirus 2004 pro.

#6 shabba

shabba

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:11 PM

its not jsut from filesharing u can get it frm certain web pages or anything better to be secure than sorry

#7 Ender

Ender
  • 4321 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 04:34 PM

Yes, never download ANYTHING from the msn groups neopets progs. they are FILLED with keyloggers.

#8 memikeos

memikeos
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:06 PM

You will also want to remove it from any quarentine folder. If the quarentine directory gets scanned, it will find the virus again and again.  :blink:

#9 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:28 AM

*suggestion*
Use AVG works for me

#10 bargain

bargain
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

I had that same thing a while back ago. It's si'mple to remove with a good program.

#11 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2004 - 12:09 PM

Good luck to gettin rid of that trojan. Thank god I have an auto updater with mcafee

#12 Guest_janner_jaap_*

Guest_janner_jaap_*

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:05 AM

I really hope u will get that virus away as pyke said!

#13 113

• 1190 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 07:04 AM

that means you are doing something with loads of trojans in that could be a file sharing program, they are full of trojans or it could be your main CPU is infefected and the virus scan will delete it, but it will com straight back so do a complete virus scan

wtf are you taking about CPU means CENTRAL PROCESING UNIT it cant get infected. and ohh use panda it takes the least system resources, and has a built in fw.

now for your problem start the pc in safe mode and scan the disc :p

#14 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 07:20 AM

ok then sorry mister computer expert , your computers most vital part is infected then causing the virus to keep coming back, I recommend doing a ver good virus scan

#15 113

• 1190 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:52 AM

ok then sorry mister computer expert , your computers most vital part is infected then causing the virus to keep coming back, I recommend doing a ver good virus scan

look the only computer part that stores permanent data is bios and hd. and you cant get a virus in bios

#16 HoHoMaN90

HoHoMaN90
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 01:49 PM

sounds like ur basic run-o-the-mill trojan to me... if you want to prevent it to send stuff back to the main server, use something like zonealarm, its a great free firewall.
once you get it too stop sending back to the instruction server, then you can use an antivirus.

this may work but personally I use a mac (the totally virus-free, most secure os) so if it doesn't I'm sorry.

Links:
ZoneAlarm-www.zonelabs.com

hope it helps,
HoHoMaN90

#17 113

• 1190 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:50 PM

but hohoman if the trojan has been written by a better proggrammer it would stop the software fw. I recomend you goto safemode without network connection.

that is what I did when I got this nasty criter

#18 TheWu

TheWu
  • 2243 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:53 PM

I got it here too ;) . When I scanned my computer for viruses/trojans, it picked it up but couldn't delete it. If you really care that much (which I don't :D ), you can schedule the program to work at startup, and that MIGHT work.

#19 bargain

bargain
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:58 PM

I used the panda online active scan and got it off my computer. I use the zonealarm firewall as well and it is the best I've used  ;)

#20 113

• 1190 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:04 AM

this may work but personally I use a mac (the totally virus-free, most secure os) so if it doesn't I'm sorry.

roflmfao the most secure os my ass it is a little more secure than windows only because a good programmer wanting to mass infect computers wont make his virus for the mac because not a whole lot of ppl use it *Still rofl* and to be honest with you linux/unix is the most secure os it is virtually I'mpossible to hack...

if you dont configure your linux right it can be as vunerable as windoze

#21 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:09 AM

Ok dude.....First you shud get Norton AV Pro 2004, and ZoneAlarm......then after that scan your HDD, if it comes up with viruses or trojans double click the virus name and it will take you to Symantec site detailing how to remove the virus.......If you need "links" to Norton or Zonealarm contact me on MSN.  And about virii only being able to get ur HDD, seriously badass ones can get ur RAM and you have to get it cleaned, which is very expensive.  Contact me if you have any problems.      [email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users