Photo

The Last 24 Hours

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:21 PM

One final thread to solve this chaos. (further threads on this topic will be promptly deleted.)

This whole thing was a big misunderstanding. Unfortunately we have already suffered permanent losses and are likely (hopefully not :D ) to suffer even more. The admins have talked about it, and we have come up with a resonable solution. Our decisions are final, so no one say they are going to leave if something doesn't happen their way.

First of all, I will explain this whole frizzle-getting-unbanned issue. (source of the problems) A little while after frizzle was banned, he asked me why he was banned. I told hi'm it was because he called typhoon's mom fat. Apparently, the picture he had wasn't of typhoons mom, it was of some ugly man? Anyways, I didn't think that was a fair reason to ban. The other reasons were because he had offended other people. (mostly because people pick on hi'm, and when he gets back at them, they post what HE did on the board)

So I sort of felt sorry for the dude, and said that I would talk to the other admins about possibly unbanning frizzle. (I did NOT unban frizzle nor did I say that I would) Well, since lemonybrainaid always shoved stuff up frizzle's ass, frizzle decided to shove the 'fact' that I was going to unban hi'm. Lemony posted that in a thread, and I (apparently unsuccessfully) tryed to explain my situation.

People I'mmediatly rejected the idea and started getting mad at me. I explained to lemony how he was treating frizzle, and he left. A couple people were pissed about this and I got the false idea that they were saying I was a bad admin to do that. Then, out of anger and confusion I left. Unfortunately, that continued a major leaving streak. Later rdd convinced me to clear my mind and think things through and I realised what I had given up. ;) I came to my senses and came back to codex. :)

Talking more with rdd, we decided to ban Lemony for his childish behavior, and for picking on frizzle (violation of rule #1) He talked of banning Dr. Sloth for a MAJOR violation of rule #1 (not respecting rdd at ALL) and not performing his duties as a staff member by refusing to enforce the new rule #14. (which is currently under review) I couldn't bring myself to ban sloth, and he is really I'mportant to the community, so I convinced rdd not to ban.

I hope this clears everything up. You see, it was all just a confusion! This is no reason for anyone to leave! Don't be stupid and leave over such a thing. Stay and enjoy better ti'mes at the codex!

Notice: The Rules will soon be revamped and strictly enforced. No cases like the frizzle one (getting away with sooo much) will ever happen again. The admins will no longer hesitate to ban should you commit an act that requires us to do so.

Thats about it.

#2 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:26 PM

That is the spirit!!! Ncodex stands mighty throughout the rough and the tough! Remember everyone always make sure you know what you are saying before ou hit submit post!!

#3 Shivi

Shivi
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

Nice Post Hidden! I hope this solves everyones panicking and stuff because its really stupid how so many people could leave from just one thing. Hopefully everything will be fine now...

And is it definate that Sloth is not gong to be banned, or are you guys disbecausesing it?

Edit: Don't leave Sloth! ;)

Edited by Shivi, 09 June 2004 - 06:36 PM.

#4 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 06:31 PM

its definate, I guess I didn't make myself clear. Sorry about that. However he said he might leave. ;) Everyone encourage hi'm not to!

#5 ReaperBanned

ReaperBanned
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:54 PM

Well it looks like you got good admin here unlike some others sites.

#6 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:32 PM

yay ncodex is back to normal :)

#7 Neo

Neo
  • 2032 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:39 PM

woooo, everything his happy, just as long as sloth stays :)

#8 Krnsaber

Krnsaber
  • 3583 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:30 AM

W00t everythings going back to normal cept for 2 members(because neo came back yay!). Sloth you can't leave because you're an invaluable part of the codex community. Every person has something unique to give to a community. I'm hoping I can pay my dues and Sloth not leave.

#9 Guest_Frises_*

Guest_Frises_*

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:44 AM

But, wait. Frizzle was banned for more rule-breaking than Lemony, so, why ban Lemony? And sloth hasnt been banned? Plus: It took ages to ban Frizzle. Why did it take one situation to ban Lemony?

If you treat your members like they have no freedom of speech - this community will fall apart. If the admins ban people for one rule and another 6 rules, thats a bit wrong, if you know what I mean. What did lemony do to piss you all off. Why treat sloth with preferencial treatment when he broke as many rules hi'mself. I woulda thought the community would be more built up than that. I may be new, but I have experience.

Edited by Frises, 10 June 2004 - 04:00 AM.

#10 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:03 AM

But, wait. Frizzle was banned for more rule-breaking than Lemony, so, why ban Lemony? And sloth hasnt been banned? Plus: It took ages to ban Frizzle. Why did it take one situation to ban Lemony?

If you treat your members like they have no freedom of speech - this community will fall apart. If the admins ban people for one rule and another 6 rules, thats a bit wrong, if you know what I mean. What did lemony do to piss you all off. Why treat sloth with preferencial treatment when he broke as many rules hi'mself. I woulda thought the community would be more built up than that. I may be new, but I have experience.

I agree with the fact that it was a bit harsh on Lemony. Lemony may have been childish, but so was everyone last night! I miss Lemony..

#11 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:09 AM

hmmm... It seems that I've missed some action =/

Edited by grim_reaper, 11 June 2004 - 11:49 PM.

#12 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:14 AM

..... Yes it looks like frizzle.. or kid vens

#13 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:15 AM

Sloth.. Frizz wasn't the only one wanting you banned. And Frizz wouldn't be stupid enough to call hi'mself Frises. And  if he was stupid enough to do that, if it was Frizz he would be sticking up for hi'mself, not Lemony. They weren't exactly bumchums. It could be another banned member, or just someone who has read the posts and is writing other people's opinions.

Frizz told me on msn last night he really couldn't be bothered with here and proxies anyway.

Wasn't there a rumour that someone else was Frizz though?

Edited by Valensin, 10 June 2004 - 05:19 AM.

#14 LightSabre

LightSabre
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:33 AM

Thanks for clearing all that up for people in the wrong ti'mezones like me, hidden.elf, glad you made that move.  :)

Heh heh, so it seems that I'm not the only one who's 90% sure that Frises isn't Frizzle but someone else here........  :blink:

#15 Kimoflea

Kimoflea
  • 5359 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:36 AM

I know, I mean, c'mon,  you may not :) Frizz, but you have to admit, he's smarter than calling hi'mself Frises.

#16 Hidden.Elf

Hidden.Elf
  • 1797 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:37 AM

I am 99.9% sure that frises isn't frizzle. Here are my reasons:

1) As Valensin said, Frizzle wouldn't be stupid enough to use "frises"
2) He was STICKING UP for Lemony. He hated Lemony and told me so on multiple occasions.
3) Frizzle was I'mmature to a point where you can easily distinguish his posts from any others.
4) (in response to sloth's post) All of that info that he "couldn't of known" was posted by me up at the start of the topic.

NOTICE: Sloth wants to leave!!!!! tell hi'm not to! his msn is REMOVED (it's private for a reason) Please tell hi'm why not to!

#17 Jaf

Jaf
  • 1654 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:43 AM

Might be kid_vens.... Even though he would stick up for frizzle (they are bestes mates)

#18 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:51 AM

who cares who he is...if he is one of the previous banned members, we will find out soon enough. But until then, treat hi'm like you would a new member that hasnt come to the board before. I dont think he got a very good introduction  :)

#19 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:26 AM

who cares who he is...if he is one of the previous banned members, we will find out soon enough. But until then, treat hi'm like you would a new member that hasnt come to the board before. I dont think he got a very good introduction  :o

Yep...

by the way: My net got screwed midway when submitting the prev post... I clicked on 'cancel' (change my mind about posting that), but it was too late... and I decided to not delete it then...

#20 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:35 AM

What you have just said is a key proof that you're really Frizzle under cover... :bann:

My reasons:
1. This account was created a day ago, there is NO WAY you can know anything about me if you was never here before...
2. You sound just like hi'm...
3. "And sloth hasnt been banned" I know you... I mean frizzle... he'd like to see me banned too... you wouldn't say that if you WASN'T frizzle, because again, you can't know anything about what I did before if you aren't frizzle...
4. "But, wait. Frizzle was banned for more rule-breaking than Lemony" You actually can't know anything about this if you aren't frizzle... only staff and frizzle knows what rules he has broken... also, someone so new can't know so much about Lemony...
5. "It took ages to ban Frizzle" How would you know that if you was really new?

Admins/smods, please check if frises' IP isn't a proxy... only the guilty ones hide! :angry:

Key proof my arse!! I know  for a fact it's not Frizzle, KV or any banned member. It's LBS's girlfriend.

And unban LBA :o

#21 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:37 AM

Frises ~ Frizzle? :o

#22 powerman5000

powerman5000
  • 577 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:43 AM

What you have just said is a key proof that you're really Frizzle under cover... :bann:

My reasons:
1. This account was created a day ago, there is NO WAY you can know anything about me if you was never here before...
2. You sound just like hi'm...
3. "And sloth hasnt been banned" I know you... I mean frizzle... he'd like to see me banned too... you wouldn't say that if you WASN'T frizzle, because again, you can't know anything about what I did before if you aren't frizzle...
4. "But, wait. Frizzle was banned for more rule-breaking than Lemony" You actually can't know anything about this if you aren't frizzle... only staff and frizzle knows what rules he has broken... also, someone so new can't know so much about Lemony...
5. "It took ages to ban Frizzle" How would you know that if you was really new?

Admins/smods, please check if frises' IP isn't a proxy... only the guilty ones hide! :o

who cares? he actually just proved some great points sloth...even if it is frizzle

#23 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:50 AM

\/

#24 Typhoon

Typhoon
  • 4133 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

FRISES IS NOT FRIZZLE! IT IS LEMONYBRAINSAID'S GIRLFRIEND

:o Woo, 2000th post :angry:

#25 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:03 PM

The reasonS people want Dr. Sloth to stay:
1)Without hi'm over half of the public artmoney hacks wouldn't be there
2)He's project leader
3)He hates the guts of not just the admins but the MEMBERS of ALL other neopet boards

but that doesn't mean he can't get banned, he can, anyone can, even another admin can get banned, remember what happend to Razor HAHAHAH, but I hope he doesn't get banned and I hope things between hi'm and rdd get better.

I don't want sloth to go, he helps out A LOT ^_^
And I want rdd admin, he's one of the best ones, he PAYS for this site, he DESERVES A LOT MORE respect :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users