• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:35 AM

I was wondering if anyone else was having problems logging in using progs like Scarab 21 player, amongst others?

#2 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:55 AM

yeah there is a new login code, and digibliss has not updated their ocr yet. :)

#3 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 07:04 AM

er, what is an ocr? (sowee for being a n00b) :)   I only knew two codes of logging to neopets and they both work for me.  :)

EDIT: ahh... now I see what you mean, I thought I couldn't log in bec. slow connection

Edited by xx_WLT_xx, 10 June 2004 - 07:18 AM.

#4 Frosty

Frosty
  • 1521 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:04 AM

ocr is -something- code reader what it does is decompiles the code into normal font digits and numbers and enters them for you (I think)

#5 xx_WLT_xx

xx_WLT_xx
  • 2471 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:07 AM

isn't ocr a software company that all has the purpose of returning text of scanned pictures into text? oh cool, I used one before........

#6 LightSabre

LightSabre
  • 637 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 07:28 AM

isn't ocr a software company that all has the purpose of returning text of scanned pictures into text? oh cool, I used one before........

Nah, OCR's just Optical Character Recognition, a process by which computers can recognise text that you scan in.

#7 Stew

Stew
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:04 AM

Is there really a new code though?  And what purpose would it serve, really?

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:23 AM

I dont know, last night I was on and xx_WLT_xx told me that they changed it and we had to make some adjustments to the trainer you now have to type the code in manually

#9 Cataliste

Cataliste
  • Codex's Right Hand

• 4662 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2004 - 08:26 AM

Yeah cyberstew there is a new code......any programs that you have to enter your user name and pass into, such as the ah-sa-popular Scarab 21 player, no longer work.

#10 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2004 - 09:22 AM

Yeah cyberstew there is a new code......any programs that you have to enter your user name and pass into, such as the ah-sa-popular Scarab 21 player, no longer work.

which is funny because they try so hard, they only delay programs for oh 2 days

#11 BarCode

BarCode
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:36 PM

When they first added it in a few months ago for shop stock items, it lasted about an hour.
Another point of them changing the code every while to disable programs like DB's UAB and such. A way to stop programs for a bit.

#12 X-Factor

X-Factor
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:56 PM

Nah, OCR's just Optical Character Recognition, a process by which computers can recognise text that you scan in.

I thought it was a Optical Character Reader... lol. Ur prlly right tho!

#13 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:43 AM

Another point of them changing the code every while to disable programs like DB's UAB and such. A way to stop programs for a bit.

That's REALLY dumb... they not only don't affect the progs (it's I'mpossible to make anything 100% cheating-secure :harhar:), but greatly annoy users who are used to the old code... ^_^
Also, colorblind ppl are extremely pissed because of their login code (at least the old one) because they can't read it...

#14 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:10 AM

That's REALLY dumb... they not only don't affect the progs (it's I'mpossible to make anything 100% cheating-secure :harhar:), but greatly annoy users who are used to the old code... :D
Also, colorblind ppl are extremely pissed because of their login code (at least the old one) because they can't read it...

how does one know if they bhave colordisablities? Wouldnt they be tuned to each color name to the color they see, I mean what if black is a different color for us all  :dontgetit:

#15 BlackHawk

BlackHawk
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:14 AM

how does one know if they bhave colordisablities? Wouldnt they be tuned to each color name to the color they see, I mean what if black is a different color for us all  :dontgetit:

There are some tests for it... from what I recall, it's a collection of colored dots, and you see a different thing (usually a number) if u don't see a color... this way u can determine what colors u can't see...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users